• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hadith (Sayings of the Prophet pbuh)

Cordoba

Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said:

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Allah extends His Hand at night so that He can forgive the sinner of the day; He extends His Hand in the day so that He can forgive the sinner of the night. [/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He will continue to do so until the sun rises from the West (the Day of Judgment)"[/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Do you know what is better than charity and fasting and prayer?[/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It is keeping peace and good relations between people, as quarrels and bad feelings destroy mankind.”
[/FONT]
(Hadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari & Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

"All my followers will enter Paradise except those who refuse."

They said, "O Allah's Apostle! Who will refuse?"

He said, "Whoever obeys me will enter Paradise, and whoever disobeys me is the one who refuses (to enter it)

(Hadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Keep God in mind wherever you are; follow a wrong deed with a good deed that offsets it; and treat people courteously"

[/FONT](Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"If a person had a stream outside his door and he bathed in it five times a day, do you think he would have any filth left on him?" [/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The people said, "No filth would remain on him whatsoever." [/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Prophet (peace be upon him) then said, [/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"That is like the five daily prayers: Allah (God) wipes away the sins by them."[/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari and Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"One who repents from sin is like one without sin."

[/FONT](Hadith in Sunan Ibn Majah)

Cordoba

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"(Angel) Gabriel has repeatedly recommended me to be good to my neighbor to the extent that I thought that he would include him [my neighbor] among my heirs."

Cordoba

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Let whosoever believes in Allah and in the Last Day either speak good or be silent.[/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Let whosoever believes in Allah and in the Last Day honor his neighbor. [/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Let whosoever believes in Allah and in the Last Day honor his guest."[/FONT]

(Hadith in sahih Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

"A young man never honors an old man due to age but that God sends someone to honor him when he reaches that age"

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The one who does not show concern and compassion for other people will not receive care and compassion from God."[/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

"Exchange presents with one another for it removes bad feelings from the hearts."

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Five prayers and from one Friday prayer to (the next) Friday prayer is an expiation (of the sins committed in between their intervals) if major sins are not committed."[/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Allah makes the way to the Garden (Paradise) easy for whoever treads a path in search of knowledge."[/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Allah has revealed to me that you should be courteous to one another.

One should neither hold himself above another nor transgress against another.”
[/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Whoever remains patient, Allah will make him patient. [/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Nobody can be given a blessing better and greater than patience."
[/FONT]

Cordoba

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Be mindful of God, and you will find God in front of you.

Acknowledge God in ease, and God will acknowledge you in distress.

And know that what misleads you will never enable you to do right, and what enables you to do right will never mislead you.

And know that help comes with patience, and that relief comes with distress; and that with difficulty comes ease.”

Cordoba

"Everything has a cleansing agent and fasting is the cleansing agent for the body.

Fasting is more a matter of patience than of anything else."

(Hadith in Ibn Majah)

Cordoba

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Fasting is a shield – one who fasts does not use obscenities or act in an ignorant manner.

If someone argues with you or insults you, say: ‘I am fasting, I am fasting’.”
[/FONT]

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Eat a light meal before daybreak (i.e. dawn) during Ramadan. [/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A blessing is attached to this meal."[/FONT]

Cordoba

"When you break the fast, do so with dates.

If you cannot find any dates, break the fast with water, because it is pure."

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)