• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harris Snatching Patents

Clizby Wampuscat

He's running for president, which means he poses a threat to people's rights, freedoms, and livelihoods. Some people would rather not see America become a ****ty third world theocracy. What's truly weird is that some people actually think that an addled buffoon who's also a treasonous, felonious, adulterous rapist is somehow fit for office.

Disastrous dumpster fires are a bad thing.
My issue is I ask what Harris's policies are and all I get back is Trump sucks or some version of that. At the DNC day one, Trump was mentioned 147 times, the economy 27 times, border 8 times, crime 6 times, inflation 3 times. What are they going to do or what are they for besides being against Trump?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
My issue is I ask what Harris's policies are and all I get back is Trump sucks or some version of that. At the DNC day one, Trump was mentioned 147 times, the economy 27 times, border 8 times, crime 6 times, inflation 3 times. What are they going to do or what are they for besides being against Trump?

Because Trump being the alternative kind of trivializes the criticisms. If you had a choice between a ham and cheese sandwich and a rancid **** sandwich, would you really care if the ham and cheese was lacking tomato or had too much lettuce?

We Never Know

No Slack

Getting rid of Trump is their main goal.
It tops their list.

The rest you mention are not as important as getting rid of Trump.

So far law suits, criminal cases at both state and federal levels, and even an assassination attempt(not saying the dems had anything to do with that) haven't gotten rid of Trump.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Harris is indeed bad news.
Her love for price controls & property seizure is authoritarian.
But note, she's still better than the far more authoritarian treasonous rapist, Trump.
Would you prefer someone like me as president?
I would nationalize anything.
Healthcare, pharmaceuticals, oilfields...

I would make you regret Trump ...;)
You would crave for Trump's return...

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Tell that to Pfizer and Moderna.

So, are we to vilify doctors and nurses as well as they get paid as well?

The problem I have with the terrible cost of so many medications is all the money they spend for advertising which they then have to pay for. It seems that almost half the advertisements I see on tv are for medications, and then we wonder why they cost so much. :shrug:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Getting rid of Trump is their main goal.
It tops their list.

The rest you mention are not as important as getting rid of Trump.

So far law suits, criminal cases at both state and federal levels, and even an assassination attempt(not saying the dems had anything to do with that) haven't gotten rid of Trump.
Holding him accountable for his crimes is more about meting out justice and upholding the law than it it is "getting rid of him".

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there

"There were 147 mentions of Donald Trump during the first day of the DNC and only eight mentions of the southern border and three on inflation. The economy came up 27 times. That's according to the Trump campaign."​

That quote's from the WSJ. Did the WSJ provide their own count? Anyone else do a count besides the "Trump campaign?"

(And not that I care about those numbers, anyway. It's only a problem for MAGA.)

Did you catch Jamie Raskin's speech? This line...

The president's job is to take care laws are "faithfully executed — not that the vice president is executed."

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
So, when Trump mentions Harris and/or Walz, should we start counting his HDS and WDS?

We Never Know

No Slack
As it should because even many Pubs and former Pubs are terribly worried about another attempt by Trump to become "dictator on day 1" as he told Hannity. Doesn't that bother you?
I think its has been blown out of proportion.

Trump said that he will not become a dictator if he becomes U.S. president again except "on day one"

He also said on the "day one" he referred to, he would use his presidential powers to close the southern border with Mexico and expand oil drilling."

But Trump also said there were planes and airports during the American revolutionary war.

That he was better looking than Kamala,

That.... The last goes on.

It would take more than a Trump win for him to become a dictator.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Ok.

Hey Pfizer! Hey Moderna! Listen up.

Healthcare isn't like most businesses. Lots of people get into healthcare because they want to heal and help people.

@Shadow Wolf is exactly right. Greedy pharmaceutical companies notwithstanding.
Of course you think that, but I am just saying that the majority of business owners are motivated by profit, including and not limited to pharmaceutical companies.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
So, are we to vilify doctors and nurses as well as they get paid as well?

The problem I have with the terrible cost of so many medications is all the money they spend for advertising which they then have to pay for. It seems that almost half the advertisements I see on tv are for medications, and then we wonder why they cost so much. :shrug:
Medications are not luxury items.
They are for your health.

Painkillers should be free.
Paid for by the State.

Koldo

Outstanding Member

Harris said in 2019 that she wants price controls on drug companies and if they don't comply she will snatch their patents and she will take over.

“For any drug where they fail to play by our rules, and if that drug came about from federal funding for what’s called ‘R and D,’ research and development, I will snatch their patent so that we will take over,” she said. “Yes we can do that! The question is, do you have the will to do it?” “I have the will to do it,” the now Democratic nominee for president said.

Dictators do this. This would end the drug industry and no more new life saving drugs would be created.

Do you really mean no new drugs would be developed just because companies would have to play by certain rules? Why?

Wouldn't it be nice for the media to be able to ask her about this? Is she still in favor of this? We can only assume she is. The answer is to not give these grants for R&D, which I am in favor of, but she wants control over the drug companies instead.

Not giving those grants would entail slowing down the making of new life saving drugs. Why would you support that?