• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you read your holy book

Have you read your holy book cover to cover

• Total voters

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member

I observe that the "nones"/Atheists-Agnostics-Skeptics mention about reading Holy Books of other religions, but they don't mention their own. Do all of them follow their "unholy" ones?

" their "unholy" ones"

for instance.

Regards

Everyone follows some wind that takes them to some place, perspective and understanding, I'd rather be taken by the winds while on the ship of salvation, for those sailing and anchoring expressed "by the name of God is it's sailing and anchoring". The Holy Captains and the holy book that is known as the Quran sail us to beautiful and high places, if we let them.

The winds that are the name of God are the best winds.

firedragon

Veteran Member
For Hadith one must ponder the Quran about it:
45:7
تِلۡکَ اٰیٰتُ اللّٰہِ نَتۡلُوۡہَا عَلَیۡکَ بِالۡحَقِّ ۚ فَبِاَیِّ حَدِیۡثٍۭ بَعۡدَ اللّٰہِ وَاٰیٰتِہٖ یُؤۡمِنُوۡنَ ﴿۷﴾
These are the Signs of Allah which We rehearse unto thee with truth. In what word, then, after rejecting that of Allah and His Signs will they believe?
Holy Quran: Read, Listen and Search

Regards

Absolutely irrelevant.

firedragon

Veteran Member
He's explaining the word hadith includes Quran (Quran is also a hadith but from God through Gabriel (mostly, some of it directly to) Mohammad (s) to humanity)

But that's still irrelevant. Because you know what we were talking about. If the Quran and the etymology of "hadith" is the subject, then the Qur'an says not to engage in lahwal hadith, and that the Quran is the ahsanul hadith, and in that case the so called 100 books and collections of ahadith becomes irrelevant.

So this is just irrelevant.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But that's still irrelevant. Because you know what we were talking about. If the Quran and the etymology of "hadith" is the subject, then the Qur'an says not to engage in lahwal hadith, and that the Quran is the ahsanul hadith, and in that case the so called 100 books and collections of ahadith becomes irrelevant.

So this is just irrelevant.

It's the best speech and narration, but Messengers speech is quoted in it often paraphrased and contextualized by God in the best way, but Quran calls to the words of the Messengers. Their speech compliments their holy books. After, all, Quran didn't just come down from the sky. It came through Mohammad (s) for a reason.

firedragon

Veteran Member
It's the best speech and narration

Exactly what I said. There is no need to repeat what we all know while missing the whole point of the whole discussion of making absolutely bogus claims about people should have read "most of the ahadith" while absolutely have not. It's hypocritical, and now with this irrelevant trail of posts, its just redundant.

Cheers.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Exactly what I said. There is no need to repeat what we all know while missing the whole point of the whole discussion of making absolutely bogus claims about people should have read "most of the ahadith" while absolutely have not. It's hypocritical, and now with this irrelevant trail of posts, its just redundant.

Cheers.

Sure, it is hypocritical. I give you that, so let's end it that. May God forgive us and help us learn from the legacy of his chosen guides.

firedragon

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:
For Hadith one must ponder the Quran about it:
45:7
تِلۡکَ اٰیٰتُ اللّٰہِ نَتۡلُوۡہَا عَلَیۡکَ بِالۡحَقِّ ۚ فَبِاَیِّ حَدِیۡثٍۭ بَعۡدَ اللّٰہِ وَاٰیٰتِہٖ یُؤۡمِنُوۡنَ ﴿۷﴾
These are the Signs of Allah which We rehearse unto thee with truth. In what word, then, after rejecting that of Allah and His Signs will they believe?
Holy Quran: Read, Listen and Search

I am just saying that Hadith is to be understood/interpreted within the purview of some Quranic verse/s and not the vice versa.

Regards

Thats a whole different topic.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

I observe that the "nones"/Atheists-Agnostics-Skeptics mention about reading Holy Books of other religions, but they don't mention their own. Do all of them follow their "unholy" ones?

" their "unholy" ones"

for instance.

Regards

Although there are no holy books on atheism there are books, many books, and yes i have read some of them, not all though

Secret Chief

Degrow!
Dawkins is not atheist. By his own words he is agnostic, (he is not 100% sure god does not exist") but religious people insist on calling him atheist.

Well it would help if the first paragraph of the Wiki entry didn't say:
"Richard Dawkins FRS FRSL (born 26 March 1941) is a British evolutionary biologist and author. He is an emeritus fellow of New College, Oxford and was Professor for Public Understanding of Science in the University of Oxford from 1995 to 2008. An atheist, he is well known for his criticism of creationism and intelligent design."

and further down...

"Dawkins has said he is a 6.9, which represents a "de facto atheist" "

- Richard Dawkins - Wikipedia

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Well it would help if the first paragraph of the Wiki entry didn't say:
"Richard Dawkins FRS FRSL (born 26 March 1941) is a British evolutionary biologist and author. He is an emeritus fellow of New College, Oxford and was Professor for Public Understanding of Science in the University of Oxford from 1995 to 2008. An atheist, he is well known for his criticism of creationism and intelligent design."

and further down...

"Dawkins has said he is a 6.9, which represents a "de facto atheist" "

- Richard Dawkins - Wikipedia

Yes, precisely why i prefer the words of the man himself rather than some anonymous wiki.

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Although there are no holy books on atheism there are books, many books, and yes i have read some of them, not all though
Which one of them is the most unholy and unreasonable, please?
A must read for all the "nones" to read and follow. Right?

Regards