• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hell is Hell because...

LittleNipper

Hell is hell because all men will visit the glory of GOD on Judgment Day. They will make an accounting, and if their name isn't in the LAMB's BOOK of LIFE, will be turned away forever.

The only thing they will take with them is the memory of that spectacular event.

The saved will have all their memories errased and will be new creatures forever in the light of GOD.

The unsaved will have nothing but memories that will never die... "If only," will be their mantra.

Erebus

Hell is hell because all men will visit the glory of GOD on Judgment Day. They will make an accounting, and if their name isn't in the LAMB's BOOK of LIFE, will be turned away forever.

The only thing they will take with them is the memory of that spectacular event.

The saved will have all their memories errased and will be new creatures forever in the light of GOD.

The unsaved will have nothing but memories that will never die... "If only," will be their mantra.

I thought Hell was Hellish because of the eternal, mind shattering agony? Somehow I think painful memories would be pretty low down on my list of concerns ;)

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
It's fun to think that other's who disagree with you will suffer for all eternity, isn't it? Hey, but they'll only get what they deserve. If they were better, more compassionate, more Christian people, who agreed with you, then maybe they'd deserve to be rewarded and get to gloat for eternity as well.

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
Hmmm....see I thought that those that believed in Hell also believed that they would not be judged and that they would gain access to Heaven because Jesus saved them. Please explain more about your religion's judgment day.

Demonic Kitten

Hmmm....see I thought that those that believed in Hell also believed that they would not be judged and that they would gain access to Heaven because Jesus saved them. Please explain more about your religion's judgment day.

That's what I remember from my day's as a Christian. Maybe they've changed things again.... :shrug:

I would like to second the request for an explanation.

Kerr

I am not sure I want to be saved if it is at the cost of who I am...

Alceste

Vagabond
Yawn. Tell you what I'm looking forward to: Lunch. Smoked turkey and dijon wrap and a berry smoothie. Mmmmm.

Man of Faith

Here is an analogy of the judgment day. You knock on somebody’s door that you do not know, they open the door and you look at them, the person will probably say who are you, or go away. Or you knock on somebody’s door that you know, they open the door and say come on it. That is how it goes, if you know God personally is what determines Heaven or Hell.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Here is an analogy of the judgment day. You knock on somebody’s door that you do not know, they open the door and you look at them, the person will probably say who are you, or go away. Or you knock on somebody’s door that you know, they open the door and say come on it. That is how it goes, if you know God personally is what determines Heaven or Hell.
Hmm. When I open my door, I won't automatically invite people in who I don't know, but I wouldn't close the door on them without first finding out what they want. And I certainly wouldn't turn anyone away who was in obvious need.

Edit: and if I knew that every person I turned away would die because of it, I'd let everyone in whether I knew them or not.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie

Scriptural backing?

Perfect Circle

Just Browsing

Didn't he make me? Shouldn't he know me pretty well?

Man of Faith

Hmm. When I open my door, I won't automatically invite people in who I don't know, but I wouldn't close the door on them without first finding out what they want. And I certainly wouldn't turn anyone away who was in obvious need.

Edit: and if I knew that every person I turned away would die because of it, I'd let everyone in whether I knew them or not.

Did you kill your son so they wouldn't die? Now they want you to ignore that fact. They want you to have killed your son for no reason.

LittleNipper

I thought Hell was Hellish because of the eternal, mind shattering agony? Somehow I think painful memories would be pretty low down on my list of concerns ;)

Look at it this way, you could have went to the circus forever In fact, you have seen a glimpse of it, but you ended up trapped forever in an elevator car going nowhere and all alone... The thought of wishing one was dead would be pathetic, because ------------ DAH, you already are and this is all you ever have to look forward to............................................................... Still no concern?

Kerr

I don´t want to come into heaven. That hell is the alternative is Gods fault, though.

Demonic Kitten

If there is such a thing as Hell then that means all my friends will be there...and I won't freeze. Besides people say I'm evil so I should fit right in.

Kerr

If there is such a thing as Hell then that means all my friends will be there...and I won't freeze. Besides people say I'm evil so I should fit right in.
Not if it is the Christian hell anyway. Don´t remember which people, but if I recall correctly some imagine hell as being very, very cold.