• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hell is Hell because...

LittleNipper

Going to a place where my memories will be erased sounds like hell to me. I'd rather be nothing. Taking away my memories of my loved ones sounds like something only an evil tyrant would do.

Only if all you care about is yourself. Self is clearly of no real interest for Christians. Christians set self aside and begin to become CHRIST like. Everyone will love everyone in heaven.

Alceste

Vagabond
No parties, no sex, no abilities, no hope, just plenty of time to think.

Don't be ridiculous. If you threw a thousand people who haven't "any inkling of God's glory" into a pit together, it would be one HELL of a party, and yes there would be lots of sex.

Why would people with "no inkling of God's glory" bother to think about any god? Which god would they think about?

LittleNipper

Don't be ridiculous. If you threw a thousand people who haven't "any inkling of God's glory" into a pit together, it would be one HELL of a party, and yes there would be lots of sex.

Why would people with "no inkling of God's glory" bother to think about any god? Which god would they think about?

Not when one finds oneself in hell without sexual organs.

Demonic Kitten

Where exactly are you finding this information on hell? I know that there is no scientific proof that hell actually exist so what about biblical references. Are their bible verses that describe hell? (It's been a while since I've actually read the bible.)

Alceste

Vagabond

We can still make out and fondle one another. Or do we have no mouths or hands either?

Maybe you can sketch me a little picture of what we will look like when your god sends us to hell for mocking you.

Is it anything like this?

Nice_potato.jpg

LittleNipper

Scriptural backing?
Jesus replied, "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. But about the resurrection of the dead - have you not read what God said to you, 'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'? He is not the God of the dead but of the living." Matthew 22:29-32

Lucifer is an angel ---- does he have sex?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
We can still make out and fondle one another. Or do we have no mouths or hands either?
Apparently we would at least have mouths, since in Hell there's supposed to be "gnashing of teeth".

Jesus replied, "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. But about the resurrection of the dead - have you not read what God said to you, 'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'? He is not the God of the dead but of the living." Matthew 22:29-32

What an odd interpretation of that passage.

That aside, do you have scriptural backing for the idea that angels don't have genitalia?

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
No marriage!!! Whooooeeee... just a free for all!!

Seriously though, the verse says no marriage or giving in marriage. It says nothing about a lack of sexual organs.

Alceste

Vagabond
No marriage!!! Whooooeeee... just a free for all!!

Seriously though, the verse says no marriage or giving in marriage. It says nothing about a lack of sexual organs.

In fact, it might be a great boon not to be married in hell, because then we can't commit "adultery". :D Anything goes!

Alceste

Vagabond
Anything evil, hateful, and painful...

But none of the hellbound unbelievers I know are evil, hateful or enjoy inflicting pain. Are you saying god will change our personalities to make us become evil? Or does god mix up the good- and evil-hearted unbelievers in hell? (BTW, this would mean that she also mixes up the good- and evil-hearted believers in heaven, so your afterlife will be full of evil, hate and pain too!) Or are you saying god will send good-hearted, decent people to be tortured by "things" were never people? Why would she do that?

Frankly, I don't think you've thought this through.

Erebus

I would imagine so yes... considering he has legions of promiscuous damned and cohorts of Succubi at his command. I would imagine he has a shockingly large amount of sex.
Besides, I don't see where you get the assumption that angels/the damned have no genitalia. Weren't some of the fallen angels supposed to have impregnated human women? I'm afraid I'm rusty on the details, but I'm pretty sure that this is how the Nephilim were supposed to have been spawned.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Hell is hell because all men will visit the glory of GOD on Judgment Day. They will make an accounting, and if their name isn't in the LAMB's BOOK of LIFE, will be turned away forever.

The only thing they will take with them is the memory of that spectacular event.

The saved will have all their memories errased and will be new creatures forever in the light of GOD.

The unsaved will have nothing but memories that will never die... "If only," will be their mantra.
Hmmm...
Bill Gates teaches us that only the saved are permanently encoded into memory. The unsaved are forgotten in the ether.:rolleyes: