• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hell is Hell because...

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend LN,

Hell is hell because all men will visit the glory of GOD on Judgment Day. They will make an accounting, and if their name isn't in the LAMB's BOOK of LIFE, will be turned away forever.

The only thing they will take with them is the memory of that spectacular event.

The saved will have all their memories errased and will be new creatures forever in the light of GOD.

The unsaved will have nothing but memories that will never die... "If only," will be their mantra.

The point that you have brought up is very valid except that the *Judgement day* is not when one's body is no more. It is simply HERE-NOW.
It is with each breath that one exhales. Death is when the all vital energies leave the body and *OUT* breath is similar to expelling all energies from the body.
You state that the saved will be new creatures; yes those who have turned IN and realized their *SELF* through *stilling their thoughts* will be no more taking birth as humans as they climb the step of the evolutionary ladder ahead.Those who remains in *thoughts* will be ever attached with them to be free any time.
{personal understanding]

Love & rgds

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Hell is hell because that is name for ancient Jewish trash piles.
Wrong, that would be Sheol. Which is similar to Hades. Still be are not the same in name to Hell.
Hell most likely came along as a name from the The Nordic 'Hel'
Which is both a place and the name of the being who rules it.

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
Hell and heaven are purely figments of the human imagination they both disappear on death so wheres the problem.

Cheers

Erebus

Look at it this way, you could have went to the circus forever In fact, you have seen a glimpse of it, but you ended up trapped forever in an elevator car going nowhere and all alone... The thought of wishing one was dead would be pathetic, because ------------ DAH, you already are and this is all you ever have to look forward to............................................................... Still no concern?

I'd just be grateful I didn't end up at the circus ;)

Seriously though, we aren't talking about being stuck in a lift, we're talking about a world of perpetual torture. I honestly don't think my memories and choices would concern me. My melting flesh would be a more immediate issue.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Personally, it would be hell to have all my memories erast. And I'm sure anyone who has watched someone suffer with Alzhiemers would agree with that. So I would much rather go to hell and have my memories intact, than go to heaven, just to be remade the way someone else wants me to be. That sounds like more of a hell than anything I have dealt with on this earth.
And I have to agree with Pat Benetar, hell is for children.

Cobblestones

Devoid of Ettiquette
Here is an analogy of the judgment day. You knock on somebody’s door that you do not know, they open the door and you look at them, the person will probably say who are you, or go away. Or you knock on somebody’s door that you know, they open the door and say come on it. That is how it goes, if you know God personally is what determines Heaven or Hell.
What color hair does god have? Just wondering since you claim to know him personally.

Cobblestones

Devoid of Ettiquette
Did you kill your son so they wouldn't die? Now they want you to ignore that fact. They want you to have killed your son for no reason.
Anyone who would kill his son rather than simply forgiving people isn't really the kind of person I want to hang out with.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Scriptural backing?

Mark 9:43-48 (King James Version)

43And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
44Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
45And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
46Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
47And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
48Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Revelation 21:4 (King James Version)

4And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Scriptures on unquenchable hellfire, and God taking away the sorrow and pain of the saved do not coincide with your statements of...

The only thing they (the damned) will take with them is the memory of that spectacular event.

or

The saved will have all their memories errased and will be new creatures forever in the light of GOD.

or

The unsaved will have nothing but memories that will never die... "If only," will be their mantra.

So again I ask, what is your scriptural backing for these statements?

Well?:confused:

averageJOE

zombie
Going to a place where my memories will be erased sounds like hell to me. I'd rather be nothing. Taking away my memories of my loved ones sounds like something only an evil tyrant would do.

Alceste

Vagabond
Look at it this way, you could have went to the circus forever In fact, you have seen a glimpse of it, but you ended up trapped forever in an elevator car going nowhere and all alone... The thought of wishing one was dead would be pathetic, because ------------ DAH, you already are and this is all you ever have to look forward to............................................................... Still no concern?

You wake up one morning and there are snails where your toes used to be. You could have lived the rest of your life with normal toes, but because your hairline is receding you ended up with snail toes and will only ever be able to move veeeerrrrryyyy sloooooowwwwllllyyyyy for the rest of your life.

Still no concern?