• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Her name was Amber Nicole Thurman ...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Honestly I can't understand how she could afford abortion pills, but couldn't afford a package of Yasminelle.
Hormonal pills.

This really shocks me. We all take hormonal pills... and despite some side effect, we are alive.

I am sorry...but I cannot empathize. Birth control is infinitely much cheaper than abortion pills.
You believe the mother deserved to die?
And that such medical treatment should be denied?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I read this story yesterday as well.

Just this week I had a student email me that they were needing to be gone for a week from classes for personal reasons. It crossed my mind that she might be having to flee the state to receive medical care. I wonder how many of my students will die? It's not even a matter of if, it's a matter of when. It's a matter of when and how many.

This is why I use very, very strong language condemning these barbaric forced birthers. Why I call it a form of slavery. Why I call it evil. And why, IMO, every single medical practitioners should just do what they need to and ignore these unethical and barbaric laws. What's the state going to do? Lock up all of the doctors for doing their damned jobs? They need to unionize, go on strike, and give these new slave states the big fat middle finger.

anotherneil

It sounds like the election consequence in this case is that the legislators supposedly drafted poorly-worded bill that bans abortion with exceptions to saving the mother's life. If that's the case, then I support doing what's necessary to fix the wording in such bills for amending such laws.

The article seems to be trying to imply that the only solution for fixing this problem is to just totally legalize abortion, but actually it's not the only solution.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
From ProPublica:

In her final hours, Amber Nicole Thurman suffered from a grave infection that her suburban Atlanta hospital was well-equipped to treat.​
She’d taken abortion pills and encountered a rare complication; she had not expelled all of the fetal tissue from her body. She showed up at Piedmont Henry Hospital in need of a routine procedure to clear it from her uterus, called a dilation and curettage, or D&C.​
But just that summer, her state had made performing the procedure a felony, with few exceptions. Any doctor who violated the new Georgia law could be prosecuted and face up to a decade in prison.​
Thurman waited in pain in a hospital bed, worried about what would happen to her 6-year-old son, as doctors monitored her infection spreading, her blood pressure sinking and her organs beginning to fail.​
It took 20 hours for doctors to finally operate. By then, it was too late.​

Elections have consequences ...
It does have consequences… I agree… and it is heartbreaking to loose a loved one.

But something just isn’t jiving in my understanding. On the site it says, “she had not expelled all of the fetal tissue from her body.” which means the abortion had already taken place.

What part of the law says you can’t perform a procedure to finish expelling the parts that remained in her body?

I have had numerous people that have waited hours due to no emergency beds and other reasons… even our granddaughter, that we suspected was having an appendicitis situation (which can be lethal), had to wait literally hours before being able to get an emergency bed and more hours before she actually was diagnosed and then rushed into the operating room.

So, on the surface, there seems to be a manipulation of the information to push an agenda unless you can show me the law says you can perform a D & C

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I asked because your post suggested otherwise.
Unfortunately it's a moment in my country where all over the news there's this shocking event: a young woman from a moneyed family buried her babies in the garden of her villa.

8359438_17142732_chiara_petrolini_1_.jpg

So I wonder: don't these girls have the money to buy some Yasminelle (oral contraceptives)?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
It does have consequences… I agree… and it is heartbreaking to loose a loved on

But something just isn’t jiving in my understanding. On the site it says, “she had not expelled all of the fetal tissue from her body.” which means the abortion had already taken place.

What part of the law says you can’t perform a procedure to finish expelling the parts that remained in her body?

I have had numerous people that have waited hours due to no emergency beds and other reason… even our granddaughter, that we suspected was having an appendicitis situation (which can be lethal), had to wait literally hours before being able to get an emergency bed and more hours before she actually was diagnosed and then rushed into the operating room.

So, on the surface, there seems to be a manipulation of the information to push an agenda unless you can show me the law says you can perform a D & C
Because some women believe that the abortion pill is better than the surgical procedure.
No...it's more risky.

anotherneil

It does have consequences… I agree… and it is heartbreaking to loose a loved on

I have had numerous people that have waited hours due to no emergency beds and other reason… even our granddaughter, that we suspected was having an appendicitis situation (which can be lethal), had to wait literally hours before being able to get an emergency bed and more hours before she actually was diagnosed and then rushed into the operating room.

I agree; there are essentially several red flags with this article.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Unfortunately it's a moment in my country where all over the news there's this shocking event: a young woman from a moneyed family buried her babies in the garden of her villa.

8359438_17142732_chiara_petrolini_1_.jpg

So I wonder: don't these girls have the money to buy some Yasminelle (oral contraceptives)?
US policy shouldn't be based upon
behavior of the worst Italians.

anotherneil

Christians who don't want to get an abortion have the
right to not get one. But they shouldn't be imposing
their religious proscriptions upon others.
I agree, and I myself am not religious. I don't hold my position on abortion based on religion.

To me the issue is no different from murder or stealing; murder and stealing are considered wrong by religion, but that's not why I hold my positions on murder and stealing.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Christians who don't want to get an abortion have the
right to not get one. But they shouldn't be imposing
their religious proscriptions upon others.
Every law imposes a belief system on someone else’s belief system. Unless you believe that we shouldn’t have laws.