• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homosexuality - Choice or Not?

Homosexuality - Choice or not?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
cause nomatter what science says i'm right...

Of course! How silly of me to believe the hundreds of scientists who have studied this issue rather than the one and only you who have wildly speculated about this issue! My apologies for thinking all those scientists could actually stack up to you!

It's is always a choice to make any action. to follow through with an urge, it is always a choice. It's a choice to be Hetrosexual. It's always a choice. choices are made every day. Nobody twists your arm into being straight or gay.

Do you see how illogical you are being here? Or do you need help to see your error in reasoning? Please let me know, as I used to tutor logic on the college level. I'm a bit rusty, but I think I still might be able to help you if you want help.

madhatter85

Transhumanist
Really? I thought that sexuality was a choice...........:rolleyes:
I just said it is, and i never said i was forced to be with my wife. I said i love beign with my wife and i wouldn't trade it for anything. That is my choice.
Yes it matters. It would be distasteful for me to compare pregnancy cravings with pedophilia and rape.
I didn't compare them directly and you knwo that stop being butthurt, i was comparing urges and choice to those topics.

Let's be specific then, it's SPERM+EGG. A man and woman can certainly be intimate in other ways than procreative means. Is this a proclamation that "marriage" is solely concerned with "procreation" ability?

Shoot........I guess my marriage will be a sham as soon as I hit menopause in a few years.
Marriage and buildign a family is for the continuation of the human race, i do believe that yes.

Are you really that sure that all cavemen were heterosexual? :flirt:
It was thier choice.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
show me some concrete evidence that says Homosexuality is not a choice.

We have yet to establish that you have any respect for evidence at all. Are you now saying that you've changed your mind and believe evidence can be crucial to establishing the truth or falsity of something?

standing_alone

madhatter85 said:
eh, that's debatable, because some peopel are jsut plain ignorant and never had a chance to learn the truth.

If you'd reread what I wrote, you would have noted that my statement was about willful ignorance.

Indignant is another story, wanna debate that on another thread?

Nope. :)

madhatter85

Transhumanist
I have a girlfriend who has so much male testosterone she can not have children.
She is also homosexual. Ever since she was a young child she thought she should have been a man. I truely do not feel it was a choice.

Still her choice.

It is unfortunate for her that her body is out of whack like that and i do feel for her. her body was not her choice.

her actions and how she deals with it are her choice to make.

madhatter85

Transhumanist
We have yet to establish that you have any respect for evidence at all. Are you now saying that you've changed your mind and believe evidence can be crucial to establishing the truth or falsity of something?

What evidence? there has been no evidence posted whatsoever yet, post some and i'll read it and show you how it's still a choice to practice homosexuality.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
i don't need to. i said Hetrosexuality is also a choice
If ignoring psychological research is your priority, that's your business. It's rather silly to pretend the stance of the American Psychiatric Association amounts to little more than an opinion, though.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
What evidence? there has been no evidence posted whatsoever yet, post some and i'll read it and show you how it's still a choice to practice homosexuality.
When has anyone in this thread said that actions are not a choice?

Can you please show it to me?

Are you wanting to accomplish any more with this thread than pointing and going "well you're still choosing to act on it!"?

You obviously don't want to learn anything. You keep asking for evidence while essentially saying "I don't really care what you post, I'm still right". And you expect people to enter a serious debate with you when you refuse to consider any evidence they have to offer?

madhatter85

Transhumanist
If ignoring psychological research is your priority, that's your business. It's rather silly to pretend the stance of the American Psychiatric Association amounts to little more than an opinion, though.

how does this prove that homosexuality is not a choice?

it doesn't.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

You seem to be saying that no matter what evidence you have presented to you, you will ignore it in favor of your speculations. But why should I play that game, Madhatter? Why should I take the time to dig up sources for you when you probably won't even read them, but merely fall back on your illogical speculations that homosexuality is a choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.