• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homosexuality - Choice or Not?

Homosexuality - Choice or not?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's My Birthday!
I wasn't sure whether your poll was supposed to be for everybody or just for homosexuals, so I didn't vote. The fact that you voted indicates to me that the poll was for everyone to vote on. On the other hand, the way you worded your question and the available choices, it was hard to tell. Anyway, if I had voted, I would have voted "No, I was born this way," because it's true that I was born the way I am.

Since you voted that it is a choice, I would be very interested in hearing about your own choice to be a heterosexual. (By the way, you might want to consider fixing all of your references to "hedersexuals" since there is no such animal.) I am curious as to what went into your decision to be straight as opposed to gay. Was it a difficult decision? What were the pros and cons of each choice? How old were you when you realized that you needed to make a decision with regards to who you were going to be attracted to?

Me, I've just always been attracted to guys. There was no choice involved.

madhatter85

Transhumanist
There is anguish and drama because society discriminates and persecutes these people.

it's illegal to nowadays.

and anyoen who discriminates and persecutes anyone for anything is a bigot.

I'm not promoting bigotry whatsoever, just making it clear that people have a complete misconception in regards to choice.

Heck, even Mormons still get persecuted and bigoted against. but do you see us going around crying about it? no we just move on and press forward.

back to topic -

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
i know a few gay people and they know that it is thier choice to be how they are. why would there be anguish if it was normal? why so much drama?
Gee, it could have nothing to do with a society that, on the whole, thinks they're abominations and shouldn't have children, be allowed civil rights, or anything like that! :areyoucra GLB people certainly don't get beat up on the streets every day! GLB youth certainly don't fear getting kicked out of their homes for telling their parents they're GLB!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I'm trying really really hard to be homosexual, but I still find myself lusting for my Acme Latex Love Doll. Can anyone help me?

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
it's illegal to nowadays.
Like hell it is. It's still legal for my cousin and his boyfriend to be fired for being gay in 32 states. In most of the country gay couples still can't adopt children and three states expressly forbid same sex couples to have any rights that even resemble that a marriage gives. It's still legal in my state to harass me on the street if I'm perceived as a gay guy or a lesbian (along with four other states).

You've got your head in the sand if you think things like that are illegal now.

madhatter85

Transhumanist
I wasn't sure whether your poll was supposed to be for everybody or just for homosexuals, so I didn't vote. The fact that you voted indicates to me that the poll was for everyone to vote on. On the other hand, the way you worded your question and the available choices, it was hard to tell. Anyway, if I had voted, I would have voted "No, I was born this way," because it's true that I was born the way I am.

Since you voted that it is a choice, I would be very interested in hearing about your own choice to be a heterosexual. (By the way, you might want to consider fixing all of your references to "hedersexuals" since there is no such animal.) I am curious as to what went into your decision to be straight as opposed to gay. Was it a difficult decision? What were the pros and cons of each choice? How old were you when you realized that you needed to make a decision with regards to who you were going to be attracted to?

Me, I've just always been attracted to guys. There was no choice involved.

my own decisions on why i am who i am or why i chose to be this way are for a different time, bringing this to a personal level wil get nowhere.

Yes, i chose to be who i am, i chose it every step of the way.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
I'm trying really really hard to be homosexual, but I still find myself lusting for my Acme Latex Love Doll. Can anyone help me?
Have you tried anti-latex hormones?

Really easy to use and they are on special. If you buy now, it comes with free tupperware.

Aqualung

Tasty
Do you know anyone that is GBLT? I mean personally, in you family? You have no room to speak unless you are or have someone close and have gone through their anguish with them.
That's silly. That's like saying I have no right to talk about politics if I don't know anybody in my family who has held a political position. Or that I have no right to talk about aids if I don't know anybody who has aids. People can talk about all manner of things even if they don't have personal experience (because the vast majority of people have not had personal experience with the vast majority of things). But, that's just the way I see it. :shrug:

Quiddity

I like APA, but I have my reservations about them as well. Personally, I wouldn't rely to heavily on what they say regarding "change". What if APA concluded you can change? Would it make a difference to you? I usually find the answer is "no". So what does it matter if it's genetic or a choice? Either way, it's something deep seated.
*whistles*

*bump*

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Did he even make that proclomation?
The reasoning for heterosexual sex being okay was that it allowed for procreation:
Because, look at physical anatomy, Women and Men are different in thier structure, they are designed by nature to do a certian function together(procreation). why would it be natural to go against nature?

a man and a man cannot make new life
just as a woman and a woman cannot make new life

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's My Birthday!
my own decisions on why i am who i am or why i chose to be this way are for a different subject, bringing this to a personal level wil get nowhere.
Why? If you chose to be heterosexual, why can't you explain what went into that choice? I'm not trying to pry into your sex life, MH. I'm just trying to understand how you went about choosing. Why is that question so offensive to you? It fits in with your response. Or did you just want a poll with no discussion?

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
madhatter85 said:
and anyoen who discriminates and persecutes anyone for anything is a bigot.
So why do you support discrimination against gay people have equal marriage rights if discrimination is wrong?

madhatter85 said:
I'm not promoting bigotry whatsoever, just making it clear that people have a complete misconception in regards to choice.
But it's not clear. It seems as though "choice" is a selective term with you.

madhatter85 said:
Heck, even Mormons still get persecuted and bigoted against. but do you see us going around crying about it? no we just move on and press forward.
If you don't wish to "cry" about it, that is your perogative. But, that does not give a person the right to commit those same atrocities against another group.

madhatter85

Transhumanist
Let's say we all agree homosexual sex is choice. Then what?

Then peopel will have nowhere to run, they will have to stand up for themselves and say "This is the way i am and i chose this life"

but NOOOOO can't do that!

people that run under the net of "i was born this way", (which has no concrete backing) don't want to stand up for themselves and back thier own opinions up. they want to hide from thier problems rather than facing it.

If everyone believed it was a choice we could stop wasting money on useless research and money on trying to pass legeslature on it.

Quiddity

Why? If you chose to be heterosexual, why can't you explain what went into that choice? I'm not trying to pry into your sex life, MH. I'm just trying to understand how you went about choosing. Why is that question so offensive to you? It fits in with your response. Or did you just want a poll with no discussion?
I'll answer for him...:D

Try post# 70.

Even if it's not biological, there seems to be little a child can do on his/her own.

Status
Not open for further replies.