• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homosexuality "Sick?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
ive already said, in my above post that something unnatural/abnormal is neither good nor bad, it is simply that, unnatural.
Ah... so all this talk about homosexuality being "unnatural" and "abnormal" really has nothing to do with the question of whether it's "sick". Gotcha.

for me, and other people like me who were not born gay, yes, the only thing stopping us is our consciousness. but our consciousness is also defined by our physical bodies(hormones etc.)
Funny... the main thing that stops me from adopting a homosexual lifestyle is my innate attraction to women rather than men. For me, there isn't a whole lot of conscious choice involved in the matter at all. ;)

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Unnatural for whom?
The population under discussion, apparently. Didn't you know? If the majority of a population don't have a particular trait, then that trait is abnormal.

But I could be wrong... after all, I'm male and therefore unnatural and abnormal. ;)

J Bryson

I kid you not: I wanted to be gay at one point.

I lived in a gay neighborhood, and several attractive and stable men had expressed interest in me. Women? Not so much. It hadn't yet hit me that straight women in gay neighborhoods are generally there to get away from straight men.

Anyway, I realized that my options with men were far better. I looked at men, tried to find some level of attraction, checked them out...and nothing. Nothing at all. No social pressure: My friends would have been cool with it, and my parents already mistakenly thought that I was gay due to my living in that neighborhood. So no loss, right?

Still and all, my hormones refused to spark. What a disappointment.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member

I lived in a gay neighborhood, and several attractive and stable men had expressed interest in me. Women? Not so much. It hadn't yet hit me that straight women in gay neighborhoods are generally there to get away from straight men.

Anyway, I realized that my options with men were far better. I looked at men, tried to find some level of attraction, checked them out...and nothing. Nothing at all. No social pressure: My friends would have been cool with it, and my parents already mistakenly thought that I was gay due to my living in that neighborhood. So no loss, right?

Still and all, my hormones refused to spark. What a disappointment.
Where are these gay neighborhoods and how do I get in? lol

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
The population under discussion, apparently. Didn't you know? If the majority of a population don't have a particular trait, then that trait is abnormal.

But I could be wrong... after all, I'm male and therefore unnatural and abnormal. ;)
Oh... so like people with 20/20 vision are abnormal?

J Bryson

You go back in time to the San Diego neighborhood of Hillcrest in the late 80s and early 90s. Now it's all overpriced and botiqued to death. NOTE TO GAY MEN: PLEASE STOP IMPROVING NEIGHBORHOODS. Straight guys can't afford the increased rent!

OMG me too! In college I expressed I wished I were bisexual to have a bigger choice. All the guys were LAME! But the girl attraction, which I assume is a requirement, wasn't there. I was accused of just wanting to be different LOL. Err, yeah?

Green Gaia said:

I live in one now - or at least our little corner. Gay couples across the street and next door, and across the street and down one. I also work in the arts, so.... considering all this, you can imagine how it's natural for me to see homosexuality as totally normal. :rainbow1:

J Bryson

OMG me too! In college I expressed I wished I were bisexual to have a bigger choice. All the guys were LAME! But the girl attraction, which I assume is a requirement, wasn't there. I was accused of just wanting to be different LOL. Err, yeah?

I live in one now - or at least our little corner. Gay couples across the street and next door, and across the street and down one. I also work in the arts, so.... considering all this, you can imagine how it's natural for me to see homosexuality as totally normal. :rainbow1:

You know, you raise an interesting point in the context of this discussion. By the standards of Hillcrest, I was abnormal....

look, i think my point is not understood because you are looking too hard into it, getting lost in all the details.

my point is a general one, not specific, applying to anything and everything. it applies to general concepts and ideas.

since this is a religious talk forum. lets take religion as an example.

non-theism is unnatural. why? because a vast majority of humanity is theistic in one way or another.
now i can be a wise guy, list all religions separately and say that, "aha, so going by this logic, all these religions ive listed are considered unnatural."

but that misses the point all together, because all the religions i have listed separately, in a silly attempt to prove they, just like non-theism are minorities, are actually part of the majority group of humanity (believers/theists), where as the initial non-theistic minority isnt part of anything, but itself.

so you have to look at the big picture and not get lost in details.

J Bryson

By that standard, there is not a natural person in this world, as everyone has something unnatural about them.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
By that standard, there is not a natural person in this world, as everyone has something unnatural about them.
But it's not, you see, because you have to look at "the big picture", which apparently means "christheseeker's individual point of view".

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
since this is a religious talk forum. lets take religion as an example.

non-theism is unnatural. why? because a vast majority of humanity is theistic in one way or another.
now i can be a wise guy, list all religions separately and say that, "aha, so going by this logic, all these religions ive listed are considered unnatural."

but that misses the point all together, because all the religions i have listed separately, in a silly attempt to prove they, just like non-theism are minorities, are actually part of the majority group of humanity (believers/theists), where as the initial non-theistic minority isnt part of anything, but itself.

so you have to look at the big picture and not get lost in details.
Right, because all varieties of theism are interchangeable with each other. :sarcastic

again, you are looking at the tiny details. look at the big picture.

yes, all humans are individually different (with dna, fingerprints etc.) but in the end they all follow the same general descriptions. the same general measurements and so on.

the genearl normality of humans is defined by an average majority. so if your physical description or measurements fall within a certain range, you are considered "normal" if you are half as tall as the average human your age, then you are considered abnormal, if you are 5'6" tall and weigh 379 lbs you are abnormal. if your intelligence falls way below a certain limit, you are abnormal.
if you are born with 3 legs and 1 arm, you are abnormal. if you have a 6lbs brain, you are abnormal.

Right, because all varieties of theism are interchangeable with each other. :sarcastic

wether one religious concept agrees with another is insignificant, because in the end they are all belief systems,

same with non-theists, wether you have actual non-theists, or anti-theists, is insignificant, because they are based on the same concept of non belief.

again, big picture.

you see:D

Status
Not open for further replies.