• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homosexuality "Sick?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
You should! Some years ago, I worked as a cocktail waiter in a gay club here in town. Best bar crowd ever!!! Customers would hop up to open the door for you. No one ever started a fight. People were more likely to be polite than any other public I've ever worked with. Of course, they were all sick homosexuals, you know. Sick, sick, sick! None of them wanted to make a belligerent *** of themselves! Where's the emotional maturity in that?

sounds pretty abnormal to me.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Really? Outside the Hillcrest gay clubs, people could be total jerks. Drama, fighting, the same stuff that you see at the straight clubs, only with more head-swiveling.

That's strange. The gay bar had never once in it's 20 years had the cops called on it by the people who lived in the neighborhood. It was the only bar in town with that record. I guess it was just a different crowd than the Hillcrest crowd.

J Bryson

That's strange. The gay bar had never once in it's 20 years had the cops called on it by the people who lived in the neighborhood. It was the only bar in town with that record.

Was it generally an older crowd? The clubs I'm thinking of attracted a younger set, more sexually aggressive and less able to know their alcohol limits.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
You should! Some years ago, I worked as a cocktail waiter in a gay club here in town. Best bar crowd ever!!! Customers would hop up to open the door for you. No one ever started a fight. People were more likely to be polite than any other public I've ever worked with.
I think my clubbing days are over at this point, though I wasn't ever really that into the club scene to begin with. Even when I was in school, I was always happier to go over to the Silver Spur for beers and country karaoke. Nobody would hassle you, nobody would start a fight, everyone was either friendly or kept to themselves.

Actually, now that I think about it, maybe the Spur was a gay bar. A country-themed gay bar. :D

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Was it generally an older crowd? The clubs I'm thinking of attracted a younger set, more sexually aggressive and less able to know their alcohol limits.

That could be it. This bar attracted all ages so there were a lot of older people who drank there. Maybe the thing was age.

J Bryson

I think my clubbing days are over at this point, though I wasn't ever really that into the club scene to begin with. Even when I was in school, I was always happier to go over to the Silver Spur for beers and country karaoke. Nobody would hassle you, nobody would start a fight, everyone was either friendly or kept to themselves.

Actually, now that I think about it, maybe the Spur was a gay bar. A country-themed gay bar. :D

We had one of those in Hillcrest, too, though I've forgotten the name of it. Played a lot of Tammy Wynette and Dolly Parton.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
It doesn't? I thought it used the same logic you did.
Nope :)

Just thinking, though: I don't get a gut reaction when I see two guys kiss, but I do when I hear Rafael Nadal make weird noises while playing tennis. There's something about his grunt that I find very disturbing. :D
lol :p it's a reaction you just can't help.

No... but "natural" doesn't necessarily imply "necessary".
Nor is it necessarily "bad" ... especially if I don't harbor any kind of dislike towards them.

Sure it does: what we're "built for" doesn't dictate our social conventions.
Which doesn't have anything to do with my argument. :)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
If homosexuality isn't sick, how come moral leaders like Ted Haggard are not homosexual? Answer me that! ...oh wait.

Smoke

Done here.
in nature how often do you see two males or two females of any species start a "family" or "raise offspring"? (and im not just referring to the physical impossibility, im talking about the actual raising, and the male/female's role in this affair)......a vast majority of the time its always a male and a female, and the male is almost always the "protector/provider/boss etc." while the female is submissive and stays behind with the little ones.
You really don't know a damned thing about nature, do you?

Smoke

Done here.
there is a clear distinction here, being homosexual is not the same as being left handed, having a certain skin/hair tone/color etc.

it is not unnatural to look a certain way. (red hair, skin color etc.)

something unnatural/abnormal, is defined as "unnatural/abnormal " because it is something that a vast majority of humans/animals are not.
Like being redheaded. Make up your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.