• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homosexuality

Kerr

yes! i should say funtional purpose this is a more accurate statement.
And as I said I also don´t think the functional purpose of an organ and so is my personal purpose. For example, take the hand, arms, legs and feet. The hand is there because it has somehow proven to be an evolutionary advantage to grab things, its "purpose" is to grab things... ok, I am not sure if that is true, but we assume it is. But if we train, we can achieve this (well, maybe not, I am not sure it is true, fact is I am sure this movie is fake, however lets assume it is true for the sake of the discussion):
YouTube - true power of shaolin kung fu
This would exceed our "functional purpose" of the parts of the body they use. If we can do this, should we be allowed to? Of course, because the functional purpose is not our purpose. The same applies to homosexuality or sex with someone of the same sex.

Last edited:

ftv1975

No worries. Personally, I believe it is the mind that defines our purpose. I know that I for one do not think of my biology when I look at my future, I look at what I want to do with my life. Does that mean my life can become meaningless? Even if I would find purpose in it?

well to me pupose in life is to learn to control body and mind. to learn how to deal and act with others. to live life that would provide a better outcome after death.
to live life according to truth. life can become meaningless once truth opposes their purpose.

cardero

Citizen Mod
well to me pupose in life is to learn to control body and mind. to learn how to deal and act with others. to live life that would provide a better outcome after death.
to live life according to truth. life can become meaningless once truth opposes their purpose.
Well, that is quite a purpose you set before you but what if someone else's purpose in life is different than this?

ftv1975

And as I said I also don´t think the functional purpose of an organ and so is my personal purpose. For example, take the hand, arms, legs and feet. The hand is there because it has somehow proven to be an evolutionary advantage to grab things, its "purpose" is to grab things... ok, I am not sure if that is true, but we assume it is. But if we train, we can achieve this (well, maybe not, I am not sure it is true, fact is I am sure this movie is fake, however lets assume it is true for the sake of the discussion):
YouTube - true power of shaolin kung fu
This would exceed our "functional purpose" of the parts of the body they use. If we can do this, should we be allowed to? Of course, because the functional purpose is not our purpose. The same applies to homosexuality or sex with someone of the same sex.
funtional purpose reveals truth to our purpose. lets use the hand you cannot urinate from your fingers. you cannot see people from your elbows. you cannot smell from you toes. you cannot run a mile with your ears or dig a hole with your hair. Should a person be able to kill because he or she is capable of doing so.(should murdering become acceptable) we all are allowed to anything here on earth, but not without consequences.

ftv1975

Well, that is quite a purpose you set before you but what if someone else's purpose in life is different than this?
are you asking me what i think of people who think differently than i do? my answer to that question is they are free to think and do as they desire but not without consequence.

cardero

Citizen Mod
funtional purpose reveals truth to our purpose. lets use the hand you cannot urinate from your fingers. you cannot see people from your elbows. you cannot smell from you toes. you cannot run a mile with your ears or dig a hole with your hair. Should a person be able to kill because he or she is capable of doing so.(should murdering become acceptable) we all are allowed to anything here on earth, but not without consequences.

So a person who lives their life abstaining from sex and does not use their sexual organ for reproduction is what? A meaningless life, a purpose that has gone unfulfilled?

ftv1975

What does that have to do with human sexuality?

edit: Other than that sex matters and requires a lot of energy.

[/QUOOnly the Law of Thermodynamics implies any type of balance of energy and matter in the Universe.TE]
it was in reply to this statement. MEN HAVE QUALITIES THAT FEMALES DON'T AND VISE VERSA. BY COMBINING BOTH QUALITIES THERE BECOMES A BALANCE. do you disagree?

cardero

Citizen Mod
are you asking me what i think of people who think differently than i do? my answer to that question is they are free to think and do as they desire but not without consequence.

So if someone wants to freely pair up with a member of the same sex, get married and raise a large family, what consequences besides this person completing or fulfilling their purposes and being happy are your proposing?

ftv1975

So a person who lives their life abstaining from sex and does not use their sexual organ for reproduction is what? A meaningless life, a purpose that has gone unfulfilled?
what reason does that person abstain from using there sexual organ?

cardero

Citizen Mod
They are either ugly or have no interest or opprtunity to engage in the sexual act of intercourse.
My question to you was:
Is this a meaningless life, a purpose that has gone unfulfilled?

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
You have to remember. Some of the churches that people go to teach them that if it is not penis in vagina type intercourse in the missionary position without any pulling out or birth control that it is not sex. They call anything else sin instead of calling it sex...and then they go play with altar boys.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Does it really make any difference?

I mean, honestly, what difference does it make if the person is unable to or just decides not to?

Sounds to me like you are merely evading answering the question.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
[/QUOOnly the Law of Thermodynamics implies any type of balance of energy and matter in the Universe.TE]
it was in reply to this statement. MEN HAVE QUALITIES THAT FEMALES DON'T AND VISE VERSA. BY COMBINING BOTH QUALITIES THERE BECOMES A BALANCE. do you disagree?

Male "versus" female qualities are so varaible individual to individual you can NEVER make a blanket statement that its a "balance" just because they may have differrent qualities.

You can say the exact same thing female to female or male to male.We are INDIVIDUALS.

And sometimes its not a "balance" sometimes its a CONFLICT.And that includes EVERYONE.

Just because Im a female and someone else is male doesnt mean we "balance" each other.

That statement is way to broad and assuming.And leaves many out of the "loop" of stereotypical "qualities" that they are "expected" to have to make a "balance" that they simply do not possess.

Love

Dallas

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
No. I don't understand how the transfer of heat and work applies here unless it's a metaphor(?)- which thermodynamic law are you talking about here? 0, 1st, 2nd, or 3rd?

ftv1975

No. I don't understand how the transfer of heat and work applies here unless it's a metaphor(?)- which thermodynamic law are you talking about here? 0, 1st, 2nd, or 3rd?
no no i totaly misunderstood your point. i though you were using energy and matter as a reason why women and men don't produce a balance. i was just saying that because man and women are man up of energy and matter well nevermind.

ftv1975

Does it really make any difference?

I mean, honestly, what difference does it make if the person is unable to or just decides not to?

Sounds to me like you are merely evading answering the question.
if a person is abstaining from sex because they don't want to transmit std's. it makes a big difference on why a person decides to do something. for instance a perons can be invovled in charity for personal gain which would defeat the purpose of charity.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
You have to remember. Some of the churches that people go to teach them that if it is not penis in vagina type intercourse in the missionary position without any pulling out or birth control that it is not sex. They call anything else sin instead of calling it sex...and then they go play with altar boys.

I forgot thanks for reminding me.

But what about if it is the penis in the vagina and the guy doesnt pull out and the woman (for example) has no ovaries or has gone past the time of ovaries producing "eggs"?

Is that "sex"?

And if it is... is that sex for the not main purpose of sex?Are they missing the whole point?

Are they "out of balance" because her eggs are missing? What happens to the poor sperm?Deos the sperm teeter totter trying desperately to find the "purpose" and the "balance" of male and female?

What about the poor eggs? I bet they are sad when there just arent enough sperm or the sperms have crooked tales or double heads.Sperms and eggs need balance.That should be the main purpose.But sometimes they're just **** out of luck I suppose and I think we should pray for them.

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
if a person is abstaining from sex because they don't want to transmit std's. it makes a big difference on why a person decides to do something. for instance a perons can be invovled in charity for personal gain which would defeat the purpose of charity.

:confused:

Love

Dallas

ftv1975

They are either ugly or have no interest or opprtunity to engage in the sexual act of intercourse.
My question to you was:
Is this a meaningless life, a purpose that has gone unfulfilled?
insecurities and lack of opportunity wouldn't show lack of purpose. i am not trying to evade your question. a purpose has gone unfulfilled, but there or other purposes that can be fulfulled.