• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homosexuals, should we accept them, are they really homosexual?

Primordial Annihilator

Nice religion you've got there. NOT.

Christianity is a religion that teaches the faithful to grovel before God.
I try not to imagine the Christian God sees humans like this, but given by the way he treats them in the OT I find it hard not to.

However Christianity has many redeeming features.

Midnight Pete

Since when is homosexuality incompatible with monogamy?

I don't think it's incompatible with monogamy. More and more LGBT people are getting married now that the laws are slowly changing all over the world. IMO, monogamy is better for society than promiscuity, and that goes for gays and straights alike. As a Christrian, I'm not angered or distraught by the idea of gay married couples. If people can be happy and make others happy, I'm not against it. Gay adoption (adoption of "normal" children by same-sex couples) can be a good thing all around. Rather than slipping through the cracks or being in and out of foster-homes, these kids can find a loving, caring home. People willing to be their parents. And likewise for the same-sex couples desperate for a child to adopt-- they are very well-met indeed. Better for the kids to grow up in a gay family than on the street. Much better.

Primordial Annihilator

[FONT=arial, helvetica]
Also I was told that homosexuals are confused and don't really have sexual feelings towards there own sex, but it's actually quite common for animals to practice homosexuality too.
[/FONT]

I wouldn't believe everything people tell you...;)

I (as a guy) certainly do have feelings for my new boyfriend, sexual and emotional, I am falling for him fast in fact, I think about little else.

If someone told me I was 'imagining' the sexual attraction then I would also have to be 'imagining' that I thoroughly enjoyed having sexual intercourse with him too... :rolleyes:

I am bisexual and I am not at all confused.... :rainbow1:

Yes it is quite common for animals such as Humans or Swans to practice homosexuality but I fail to see how that relates to sexual confusion in people.

Last edited:

Primordial Annihilator

But, apparently some religious folk seem know your feelings better that you do :rolleyes:

I know they do and I also know they cannot possibly know how I feel regarding my bf.
He is absolutely amazing...romantic, considerate, good looking - like a male version of Trinity from the Matrix, all cheekbones and dark sculpted hair. (best of all he is taller than me!)
I can't possibly be imagining that I am physically attracted to this very sexy man and if I could have his babies I would.
So I know 'they' are wrong about homosexuality...and that is encouraging.
I find that once people get to know you, they learn to adapt their world view and broaden their minds a bit...mostly...even conservative Christians...some of whom (well 2) are among my closest friends.

Last edited:

Mercy Not Sacrifice

I know they do and I also know they cannot possibly know how I feel regarding my bf.
He is absolutely amazing...romantic, considerate, good looking - like a male version of Trinity from the Matrix, all cheekbones and dark sculpted hair. (best of all he is taller than me!)
I can't possibly be imagining that I am physically attracted to this very sexy man and if I could have his babies I would.
So I know 'they' are wrong about homosexuality...and that is encouraging.
I find that once people get to know you, they learn to adapt their world view and broaden their minds a bit...mostly...even conservative Christians...some of whom (well 2) are among my closest friends.

Your feelings for your boyfriend deserve the full level of respect that they would, were they to be focused on a woman instead of another man.

To paraphrase a popular saying, "Gay rights are the radical notion that gays are people."

Primordial Annihilator

Your feelings for your boyfriend deserve the full level of respect that they would, were they to be focused on a woman instead of another man.

To paraphrase a popular saying, "Gay rights are the radical notion that gays are people."

Thanks Mercy...love the name...brilliant.

I mean honestly...if Jesus is the messenger of love like I believe he was then as the conspicuous absence of his opinions on homosexuality in the Bible suggests I doubt he thought that it mattered at all to God...particularly if the two men or women in question loved each other and found solace in each others company...after all if love is the message then love must take priority over all other lesser considerations.

But hey...what do I know?

Diederick

It is very much the same now for homosexuals, as it once was for blacks. Julian Bond used the same comparison in a speech he gave during the prop8 tragedy, which was quite uplifting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq1MN1FYa4M

It is easier for people to deny someone's humanity or sanity when they are incompatible with their idea of what a normal human being is; than it is for them to accept that they do not understand everything and that they do not have the authority on what is 'normal'. The arrogance of people is one of the greatest obstacles to be overcome would we attain a society where sexual orientation is a non-issue.

truseeker

Now the Pope says a man can use a condom when having sex with another man but not when having sex with a women. The Bible says a man who has sex with another man deserves to be put to death. Why doesn't the Pope talk about that? Might turn people against him?

Primordial Annihilator

Now the Pope says a man can use a condom when having sex with another man but not when having sex with a women. The Bible says a man who has sex with another man deserves to be put to death. Why doesn't the Pope talk about that? Might turn people against him?

The Pope is God's vicar...he has the power to overrule scripture. :p

Diederick

The Catholic church is still very much opposed to homosexuality. I think this is an attempt to make up for the hideous campaign the Church had its claws on which told Africans condoms CAUSED hiv infection. This has nothing to do with gay rights or acceptance.