• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homosexuals, should we accept them, are they really homosexual?

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
I read a book, a little while ago about how a child, who was denied his fathers love, was taken advantage by this uncle. The uncle sexually abused him, and the child grew up thinking he was homosexual. He went to a counselor and the counselor said that he wanted love from other boys because he was denied love, touch etc by his father.
The counselor then said that this had triggered him to be confused and think he has feelings towards men/boys.
I wonder whether homosexuality is caused by similar situations to this?

not really, corelation does not equal causation. While not gay myself I do often experience a strong attraction and sexual desire towards women, yet I have a very close and loving relationship with my mom putting me in the exact opposite position about the person you speak of.

javajo

So, some of you may be aware of Leviticus 18 22: "[FONT=arial, helvetica]Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."[/FONT]
People take that sooo out of context. Look at the other laws, they could not eat any seafood without scales, nothing from a pig. So, if someone eats squid, lobster, shrimp, clams, oysters, etc., pork chops, ham, sausage, etc. do people condemn them? Of course not. These were ceremonial laws given to a people who were establishing their nation, who needed to reproduce offspring, and who were in a very certain age with specific guidelines for that exact time. There are about six other places where similar ideas are mentioned, and most have to do with people leaving their natural sexual orientation and becoming prostitutes in a pagan temple. It doesn't say anything about people born gay, and being the father of a wonderful daughter who knew she was that way by 5th grade and came out in 7th, I can tell you first hand that it is not anything but her natural orientation. Some Christians today, I believe, take what a preacher says is true, or come with their own beliefs and try to make the Bible fit them, instead of taking a real hard look at the context and trying to see what the author was really saying. Its a common trampling of one of the main rules of interpretation.[FONT=arial, helvetica][/FONT]

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Yep.

~

I've heard so much rubbish about how homosexuality is wrong etc etc, that now I don't want to surround myself with anyone who feels like that. If you don't accept homosexuality, then I don't want to know you.

And I certainly don't want to give you money to discriminate against me, Boy Scouts, Salvation Army, etc.

Nerthus

Wanderlust
If I had a son, the boy scouts would not let him join their organization. They discriminate against my family. To me it's obvious that I should not be giving them money to do that.

I didn't know that, that's ridiculous. I don't know if it's the same other here, I'll have to check. But, I agree I wouldn't be giving them any money.

Primordial Annihilator

If I had a son, the boy scouts would not let him join their organization. They discriminate against my family. To me it's obvious that I should not be giving them money to do that.

I think your virtual son probably would have dodged a bullet there in any case...not that that is the point...of course. :rolleyes:

People who discriminate against gay people get nothing from me naturally...just contempt.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Meanwhile, the Girl Scouts, like most all-female organizations, is rife with lesbians, and the higher up you go in their administration, the more lesbians there are. They don't discriminate against anyone. In fact, diversity is one of their cornerstones. And they're a fine organization.

Moral: If you want to support scouting, give to the Girl Scouts.

TurkeyOnRye

Oddly enough, I wasn't even aware of the discriminative nature of the Cub and Boy Scouts until I was long gone from there. I wasn't even aware of any of their backward political ideals. That was probably a decade ago or more. As a child, I just thought they were an organization dedicated to teaching team work and survival skills with a slight conservative edge, lol. Some aspects of the organization did feel a bit strange though...creepy even. Obviously though, they don't talk openly to their young adherents about their homophobia. They just give little hints throughout the scout manual, gradually closing the minds of the young over the course of several years. I have a long-time friend who was a scout too. Climbed the ranks all the way up to Eagle, in fact. While not overtly homophobic, his patriotic attitude eventually did settle him into a position in Iraq. In fact, he is still "serving" today, which angers and worries me on many levels.

Last edited:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Meanwhile, the Girl Scouts, like most all-female organizations, is rife with lesbians, and the higher up you go in their administration, the more lesbians there are. They don't discriminate against anyone. In fact, diversity is one of their cornerstones. And they're a fine organization.

Moral: If you want to support scouting, give to the Girl Scouts.

All I can say is I LOVE those coconut and chocohlate cookies..(with caramel)..I will buy like 5 boxes of those.. PLUS the SHORTBREAD ?????They make GOOD cookies!!!

Now I want girl scout cookies thanks a lot..

LOve

Dallas

At first this sounded ridiculous to me and that you had an agenda but I googled around and to my surprise, this IS true. In 2000, it was decided in the Supreme Court of the USA that practicing homosexuality interferes with the messages the Boy Scouts send, so Scoutmaster Dale was booted off.

I'd be with you in not giving them money for their discrimination. I knew they discriminated against atheists and certain religions but I didn't think they did this.

I cant post the URL to the story as I don't have enough posts so go to Wikipedia and it's there.