• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How are these Great Beings explained?

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
THANK YOU for asking.

Me.

To put it blunt. Like I said, my expressions (art, language, interest, goals, etc) are a part of me. I can tell what is goodness by how I react emotionally. Is it healthy? Does it bring me peace of mind, body, and spirit? Does it hurt others? If so, how can I address it?

Art is a reflective way of seeing your thoughts and emotions on paper or on canvas. I just finished a painting earlier today. Now I can smile. I love to roller skate. Roller skating to music gives me freedom as well. My goodness comes from this freedom. God not included. My goals. My family. My family in spirit. My friends. Myself. My environment. The spirits of my environment.

That interconnection is not a mystical experience. It is not Oneness. You may think it is because I'm using the words and the same language; but, like the killing example, we have totally different foundations of similar expressions. Your foundation is god, mine is not.

Therefore the words I use such as goodness does not mean the samething to me as it does to you. We are totally different people.

When you respect diversity, you see in other people's point of view. It is more than surface level. That is tolerance. You can still belief in what you want to believe.

I'm just saying have a bit more interest in the other party. What you asked was an open ended question. Vinyaka believes in god too. However, the god he believes in is not at all the same god you believe in. You may think he does, but remember, if you respecting diversity, you have to take his belief into consideration that it is true. You are not Hindu. Why wouldn't it be? He believes in facts. Yours are beliefs. Do you understand the difference?

Yes I have always understood that we are each different. Each to his own.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Yes I have always understood that we are each different. Each to his own.

When you are interested in someone else's point of view, you ask open ended questions and converse. We have conversed over your beliefs.

Is it against your belief to talk about other people's beliefs that differ than yours? Challenges yours?

And my other post. Can you say (or allowed to say) that my beliefs are false? If they are not false, why and how do you have a different opinion or disagreement? If they are false, can you say it point blank?

I mean, I can guess 99 percent but it's not all about you. Right?

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
When you are interested in someone else's point of view, you ask open ended questions and converse. We have conversed over your beliefs.

Is it against your belief to talk about other people's beliefs that differ than yours? Challenges yours?

And my other post. Can you say (or allowed to say) that my beliefs are false? If they are not false, why and how do you have a different opinion or disagreement? If they are false, can you say it point blank?

I mean, I can guess 99 percent but it's not all about you. Right?

I welcome others talking about their beliefs. Of course. If you want to talk about art or Hinduism for the next month and not mention Bahá'í at all then I am most happy to do that.

Your belief is yours and is to be treated with respect regardless of whether we agree or not.

We are forbidden to condemn people or their beliefs whether we agree or not. so for instance, should a person attack my beliefs harshly I am not permitted to respond harshly in return but gently. But we are people too so are imperfect.

We are encouraged to look at the good and not the negative. To see all as good and love all. So I look at what we have in common and see our differences as diversity.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
THANK YOU for asking.

Me.

To put it blunt. Like I said, my expressions (art, language, interest, goals, etc) are a part of me. I can tell what is goodness by how I react emotionally. Is it healthy? Does it bring me peace of mind, body, and spirit? Does it hurt others? If so, how can I address it?

Art is a reflective way of seeing your thoughts and emotions on paper or on canvas. I just finished a painting earlier today. Now I can smile. I love to roller skate. Roller skating to music gives me freedom as well. My goodness comes from this freedom. God not included. My goals. My family. My family in spirit. My friends. Myself. My environment. The spirits of my environment.

That interconnection is not a mystical experience. It is not Oneness. You may think it is because I'm using the words and the same language; but, like the killing example, we have totally different foundations of similar expressions. Your foundation is god, mine is not.

Therefore the words I use such as goodness does not mean the samething to me as it does to you. We are totally different people.

When you respect diversity, you see in other people's point of view. It is more than surface level. That is tolerance. You can still belief in what you want to believe.

I'm just saying have a bit more interest in the other party. What you asked was an open ended question. Vinyaka believes in god too. However, the god he believes in is not at all the same god you believe in. You may think he does, but remember, if you respecting diversity, you have to take his belief into consideration that it is true. You are not Hindu. Why wouldn't it be? He believes in facts. Yours are beliefs. Do you understand the difference?

This is a very beautiful song which I think you might like. The lyrics are very interesting.

"World" lyrics - Lindita Halimi (Albania, Eurovision 2017)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I welcome others talking about their beliefs. Of course. If you want to talk about art or Hinduism for the next month and not mention Bahá'í at all then I am most happy to do that.

Your belief is yours and is to be treated with respect regardless of whether we agree or not.

We are forbidden to condemn people or their beliefs whether we agree or not. so for instance, should a person attack my beliefs harshly I am not permitted to respond harshly in return but gently. But we are people too so are imperfect.

We are encouraged to look at the good and not the negative. To see all as good and love all. So I look at what we have in common and see our differences as diversity.

I honestly don't think you understand.

Are you allowed to have a more challenging discussion that questions not only your beliefs authenticity but for you to question other people's beliefs as well?

Are you allowed to say my beliefs are false?

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Kinda harsh, but yes, I can see that. That is one of the biggest reasons prophet faiths and god-faiths even don't appeal to me more than inspirational knowledge. Someone has to pin me to the ground first. I just don't see freedom in those type of religions. I'm not familiar with Hinduism but western religions are more political.

Harsh? No, not at all. I welcome his criticisms because he is being honest and truthful about how he feels and truthfulness is considered the foundation of all human virtues by Baha'u'llah.

So being truthful about how he feels is by no means harsh at all. I consider it a compliment that he knows he can be direct and honest with me and I won't take offense.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Does the song mirror your faith?

Much of it does. It was sent to me by a Baha'i this morning who said she believed it was inspired by Baha'u'llah. But it's not officially endorsed or anything like that just some people's opinion.

The only way to understand the official Bahá'í Gaith is through the Baha'i Writings not even through individual Baha'is.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Harsh? No, not at all. I welcome his criticisms because he is being honest and truthful about how he feels and truthfulness is considered the foundation of all human virtues by Baha'u'llah.

So being truthful about how he feels is by no means harsh at all. I consider it a compliment that he knows he can be direct and honest with me and I won't take offense.

We have different views. @Vinayaka has a point and you don't always address it and ours specifically. We just have different ways of expressing it.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Much of it does. It was sent to me by a Baha'i this morning who said she believed it was inspired by Baha'u'llah. But it's not officially endorsed or anything like that just some people's opinion.

The only way to understand the official Bahá'í Gaith is through the Baha'i Writings not even through individual Baha'is.

It's the same the other way around. The only way to understand another person's faith like mine and @Vinayaka is to ask us our beliefs and go beyond surface understanding. Since we don't have prophet-beliefs nor sacred books, you'd have to find another way to learn more about us more than what we continuously tell you on this thread. It's a back and forth conversation.

Are you allowed to have challenging conversations and take interest in any other person's faith that challenges your own?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
@loverofhumanity It's hard to do two posts so that you don't have to read one long one. I notice you skip the question-posts and reply to statement-posts. I do honestly want the answer the questions.

I know you believe in love and unity. In my opinion, to learn about someone else's faith is to hear it from the person not their sacred scripture. My interpretation is not the same as yours. It's robotic otherwise.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
I honestly don't think you understand.

Are you allowed to have a more challenging discussion that questions not only your beliefs authenticity but for you to question other people's beliefs as well?

No I cannot. This is forbidden. Refer to these texts. I can question your views politely and reply with my viewpoint but not denounce your beliefs.

The Cause of God hath never had any place for denouncing others as infidel or profligate, nor hath it allowed anyone to humiliate or belittle another. Contend and wrangle not with any man, and seek ye not the abasement of any soul. Disparage not anyone’s name, and wish no harm upon anyone. Defile not your tongues with calumny, and engage ye not in backbiting. Lift not the veil from the doings of others, and so long as a person professeth to be steadfast, remonstrate not with him, nor expose him. (‘Abdu’l-Bahá, provisional translation quoted in the Universal House of Justice, 2001 Apr 18, Clarification of Various Issues Raised by Provisional Translations, p. 2)

“If others hurl their darts against you, offer them milk and honey in return; if they poison your lives, sweeten their souls; if they injure you, teach them how to be comforted; if they inflict a wound upon you, be a balm to their sores; if they sting you, hold to their lips a refreshing cup.”

Excerpt From: Bahá, Abdu’l.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
It's the same the other way around. The only way to understand another person's faith like mine and @Vinayaka is to ask us our beliefs and go beyond surface understanding. Since we don't have prophet-beliefs nor sacred books, you'd have to find another way to learn more about us more than what we continuously tell you on this thread. It's a back and forth conversation.

Are you allowed to have challenging conversations and take interest in any other person's faith that challenges your own?

We are encouraged to learn from everyone. That is no problem. Only things like denouncing and condemning are forbidden but sharing viewpoints is fine as long as it is not in a vindictive manner.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
No I cannot. This is forbidden. Refer to these texts. I can question your views politely and reply with my viewpoint but not denounce your beliefs.

The Cause of God hath never had any place for denouncing others as infidel or profligate, nor hath it allowed anyone to humiliate or belittle another. Contend and wrangle not with any man, and seek ye not the abasement of any soul. Disparage not anyone’s name, and wish no harm upon anyone. Defile not your tongues with calumny, and engage ye not in backbiting. Lift not the veil from the doings of others, and so long as a person professeth to be steadfast, remonstrate not with him, nor expose him. (‘Abdu’l-Bahá, provisional translation quoted in the Universal House of Justice, 2001 Apr 18, Clarification of Various Issues Raised by Provisional Translations, p. 2)

“If others hurl their darts against you, offer them milk and honey in return; if they poison your lives, sweeten their souls; if they injure you, teach them how to be comforted; if they inflict a wound upon you, be a balm to their sores; if they sting you, hold to their lips a refreshing cup.”

Excerpt From: Bahá, Abdu’l.

Interesting. What would happen if you told me my beliefs were false without being forceful about it?

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
@loverofhumanity It's hard to do two posts so that you don't have to read one long one. I notice you skip the question-posts and reply to statement-posts. I do honestly want the answer the questions.

I know you believe in love and unity. In my opinion, to learn about someone else's faith is to hear it from the person not their sacred scripture. My interpretation is not the same as yours. It's robotic otherwise.

It's not easy. Baha'is can only tell you so much but cannot give you the same experience and knowledge as reading the Words of Baha'u'llah but I suppose it's better than nothing. Just please be aware that you're not getting your information from the Source and it could be inaccurate.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Interesting. What would happen if you told me my beliefs were false without being forceful about it?

I could say "Carlita dear, maybe what you believe could be understood in another way, no?

Anyway I still think you're a very nice person both you and Vinayaka. You've put up with me for so long you both must be saints!!! Lol.

You said you painted something lately and liked it. Why not share it with us all?

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
What is love without god?

An insecure foundation destine to crumble like a sand castle on the beach? That is actually a difficult question as for Baha'is love of God is the foundation for other loves.

The question is a little like asking an atheist "what is love with God?"

I can't figure who does more quoting, bahai or christians. Maybe others can take it, but to me that's like introducing me to your friend by giving me a book about him.

I'll go easy on the quoting. I have had Christians quote extensively at me sometimes and it does not feel like a conversation at all.

If you could :p No. Conversation about the faith gives me a sense of what you guys believe. If you guys all quoted the same scripture all the time, I can't learn anything. That's like you guys giving me three different Bahai books, you tell me about the books by pointing to page numbers, and when we tell you to put down the books and talk to us, some of you get tongued after a few post and go back to the books or avid the question/s all together.

shrugs.

Baha'u'llah talks about an abundance of deeds and fewness of words, but I won't provide the quote.:)

Look, a whole post without quoting. It is possible!

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

One Planet, One People, Please!
Premium Member
THANK YOU for asking.

Me.

It is great that you hold and live the virtues from your heart and I am envious you an roller skate, never done it myself and it looks like so much Fun. I see many roller blades users zooming around the walkways here in Australia.

I see your passion for all that is good and this raises a few questions I would like to explore with you. If this freedom you currently have, that feeds that goodness, vanished overnight, how do you think you would react? Do you think you could keep those virtues and peace of mind if, lets say tomorrow you were made a refugee fleeing the destruction around you? (You may have provided this in other posts, but hey there are thousands to read :) )

Regards Tony

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I just don't see freedom in those type of religions. I'm not familiar with Hinduism but western religions are more political.[/QUOTExplained by di
Kinda harsh, but yes, I can see that. That is one of the biggest reasons prophet faiths and god-faiths even don't appeal to me more than inspirational knowledge. Someone has to pin me to the ground first. I just don't see freedom in those type of religions. I'm not familiar with Hinduism but western religions are more political.
Too harsh, yes. It was late at night. But living in a different paradigm makes it so difficult to understand.