• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How are these Great Beings explained?

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
That's not what I said but the idea that Baha'u'llah and Abdul Baha were uneducated and had access to no books on the subjects they wrote about is rubbish. You can find that out from sources in your own Bahai Library - I quoted and cited a few of them much earlier in this thread - I'm not going to recycle them here - you need to go back about 500 pages.
You thought you did. After my response, you left:

How are these Great Beings explained?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
bviously
So, do you believe, numbers of converts is a measure of truth of a Revelation? If not, What does it measure? I believe, only the best ones were successful in recognition of a new Revelation. Those who were unbiased. But the point being made, is some of these converts were Islam leads, who had studied Islam in special schools, and had become teachers of Islam and the Muslims prayer leads, and became the followers of the Bab or Bahaullah, who did not study Religions.

No, obviously number of converts has nothing to do with it. Hinduism gets very few converts, and I'm a Hindu. It just seems so important to Bahai though. I find that odd, frankly. Not my paradigm.

RoaringSilence

We believe the Writings of Baha'u'llah to be the actual Word of God.
are you kidding me??

no seriously ..god said what... lemme put it in my words how u guys predict nuclear.. " there are many dangerous things that havent been discovered and blah blah " really

why are you guys so adamant to downgrade god's intelligence..those words = nuclear ..and that how god talks..in circles? omg no way.. this religion is like "islam in a miniskirt"

TransmutingSoul

One Planet, One People, Please!
Premium Member
are you kidding me??

no seriously ..god said what... lemme put it in my words how u guys predict nuclear.. " there are many dangerous things that havent been discovered and blah blah " really

why are you guys so adamant to downgrade god's intelligence..those words = nuclear ..and that how god talks..in circles? omg no way.. his religion is like "islam in a miniskirt"

I see it the other way round. Man thinks they know more than they do. They even reject the obvious. ;)

God gives a message suitable to all humanity, some find it difficult, some see it right away, and some think they are much smarter.

We are only kidding our own selves.

Regards Tony

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Taking somthing that is a gift as an insult is always a problem we face.

All proselytizing religions have that problem. You think it's a gift from God. So it's much the same as cooking a meal that you like, and giving it to someone without them having a choice, or buying a dress for your wife, that YOU like, with no consultation whatsoever. I'd say it's just presumptious.

But you did manage, as usual to avoid the actual topic at hand. I don't really see how telling a person they walk away from God can be a gift, but go ahead, you can go stand on street corners and yell at everyone about their sin, and consider it a gift from you, if you want to.

A more courteous approach would be to ask first.

RoaringSilence

I see it the other way round. Man thinks they know more than they do. They even reject the obvious. ;)

God gives a message suitable to all humanity, some find it difficult, some see it right away, and some think they are much smarter.

We are only kidding our own selves.

Regards Tony
tony just pull out that verse for predicting nuclear.. and add this line ''' this is god's words to predict nuclear science. seriously do it.. and let the world see what you believe in.

RoaringSilence

fyi , god's words are like a tickle in your heart that you cannot even express . forget about penning them down. those are bahubali's words and that's that ..they don't tickle my heart.. end of story.

siti

You thought you did. After my response, you left
I don't understand - what did I think I did? You replied to the post in which I quoted several sources attesting to Baha'u'llah's love of books and learning - I didn't just think I posted them, I did post them and you responded by explaining them away - but most of the quotes I used were from Baha'i sources.

In nay case, the evidence of Baha'u'llah's own writings (I was just reading an English translation of "the Seven Valleys and the Four Valleys" this morning and it reads like a succession of selected quotes from the Qur'an, Sufi poetry and Arabian proverbs with his commentary - I enjoyed it, but I don't think it reads like divinely revealed truth as much as a distillation of earlier human wisdom) clearly indicates a knowledge of literature. To suggest that this "flew from his pen" by divine inspiration is more than a bit of a stretch - especially when, by his own admission, Baha'u'llah was at a loss as to counter ideas that he felt impelled to counter in a certain book until a printed copy in Arabic was made available to him. (See the Book of Certitude quote on the page liked to below). Anyway, here is the page with what I actually (not just imagined) that I wrote on evidence of Baha'u'llah's learning and love of literature: How are these Great Beings explained?

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
All proselytizing religions have that problem. You think it's a gift from God. So it's much the same as cooking a meal that you like, and giving it to someone without them having a choice, or buying a dress for your wife, that YOU like, with no consultation whatsoever. I'd say it's just presumptious.

But you did manage, as usual to avoid the actual topic at hand. I don't really see how telling a person they walk away from God can be a gift, but go ahead, you can go stand on street corners and yell at everyone about their sin, and consider it a gift from you, if you want to.

A more courteous approach would be to ask first.

The food is put on the table, choose what you like. I stand back and do not interfere with those choices.

Bu by posting here you have stopped and asked the questions, or posted a response that is open to other views.

I can not help that the answers given are not what one would like. In the end I am responsible to not provide what causes division. That is on my head, thus a few times I have bowed out and will again consider this option.

I would guess you are faced each day with decisions, are all your decisions always perfect?

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
tony just pull out that verse for predicting nuclear.. and add this line ''' this is god's words to predict nuclear science. seriously do it.. and let the world see what you believe in.

I see a perfect prediction to an audience that put to death any deviation from their way of life. The prediction done in a manner that the Future mind would appreciate the dire warning to all humanity.

Regards Tony

RoaringSilence

I see a perfect prediction to an audience that put to death any deviation from their way of life. The prediction done in a manner that the Future mind would appreciate the dire warning to all humanity.

Regards Tony
end of world predictions somehow don't scare me ..if we all gonna die one day the best way is to die together.. atleast it would be movie like and fun, i know a lot of boring ways to die.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
The food is put on the table, choose what you like. I stand back and do not interfere with those choices.

;) Why not instead both parties make a dish together with new ingredients you guys like from your various cultures instead of putting foreign foods on the table without asking each other whether the other wants eat anything in the first place?

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
;) Why not instead both parties make a dish together with new ingredients you guys like from your various cultures instead of putting foreign foods on the table without asking each other whether the other wants eat anything in the first place?

That is what has been offered.

Well done.

Regards Tony

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Sometimes I'm scared to post because when I do, my more serious post gets ignored. I had to re-read this again cause again you missed something. The reason you miss points is you are always trying to agree with everyone or find similarities. So your mind glosses over the points seeing them as division rather than points of conversation.

Did you offer to make a dish from new ingredients that are not from you and not from me but agreed by us both?

Better question: if so, what did we agree on?​

You offered your own dish on the table. Take away the food. Start with new ingredients from both of us.

Not just mine. Not just yours. Ours--Humanity.

Well done.

No sarcasm.

Us-We-Our=humanity

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
Sometimes I'm scared to post because when I do, my more serious post gets ignored. I had to re-read this again cause again you missed something. The reason you miss points is you are always trying to agree with everyone or find similarities. So your mind glosses over the points seeing them as division rather than points of conversation.

Did you offer to make a dish from new ingredients that are not from you and not from me but agreed by us both?

Better question: if so, what did we agree on?​

You offered your own dish on the table. Take away the food. Start with new ingredients from both of us.

Not just mine. Not just yours. Ours--Humanity.

No sarcasm.

Us-We-Our=humanity

New Ingredients, we can select from what is already available, bush tuker is the best. So much we both have not tried.

I stay away from genetic modified food.

They have just found the Burdekin Plum has 5 times more anti oxidants than the Blueberry, Aboriginals have known how good this fruit is for many a year.

Superfruit bush tucker full of antioxidants

I actually planted one of these because of aboriginal advice back in the early 1990's. It now fruits in abundance at my old house. Guess the new owners will get the benefit. ;)

Thats my first offer to the shared dish.

Regards Tony

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
New Ingredients, we can select from what is already available, bush tuker is the best. So much we both have not tried.

I stay away from genetic modified food.

They have just found the Burdekin Plum has 5 times more anti oxidants than the Blueberry, Aboriginals have known how good this fruit is for many a year.

Superfruit bush tucker full of antioxidants

I actually planted one of these because of aboriginal advice back in the early 1990's. It now fruits in abundance at my old house. Guess the new owners will get the benefit. ;)

Thats my first offer to the shared dish.

Regards Tony

We used to grow tomatoes in our backyard. I tried to make cornbread from scratch for my grandmother and I put too much baking soda and it was hard as a brick. I can handle the spaghetti when I don't forget it's cooking on the stove. I bought sloppy joe and thought it already had the meat in it when my friend told me I had to fix the ground meat separately.

But I know how to order a number 5 Fillet O' Fish Meal and a snack as I'm out the house a lot. I'd have to look up what a Burdekin Plum actually is. I'm sure if I made a unknown dish, you'd probably look it up too to see if the two are meant to be mixed together in a dish?

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
We used to grow tomatoes in our backyard. I tried to make cornbread from scratch for my grandmother and I put too much baking soda and it was hard as a brick. I can handle the spaghetti when I don't forget it's cooking on the stove. I bought sloppy joe and thought it already had the meat in it when my friend told me I had to fix the ground meat separately.

But I know how to order a number 5 Fillet O' Fish Meal and a snack as I'm out the house a lot. I'd have to look up what a Burdekin Plum actually is. I'm sure if I made a unknown dish, you'd probably look it up too to see if the two are meant to be mixed together in a dish?

There you go, first thing to decide is if we are eating healthy. Best food is what nature provides. Best food for us is eaten as picked. The food that requires cooking is more likely not so good for us, as the process of cooking removes ingredients that are not favorable to our system.

Thus my offer for the table is heaps of fresh fruit and vegatables.

I would look at cakes and fried food, but most likely eat a fruit salad.

I provided the link to the Burdekin Plum by the way.

Regards Tony