• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can other religions reconcile with Islam?

Pink Top Hat

Islam is a replacement theology that doesn't play well with other narratives.
actually Islam is very close to Judaism and both are nothing like Christianity. If i was forced to choose between Judaism and Christianity I would choose Judaism.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
I did Google the uighurs. It's no surprise that the Govenment of China has alway repressed religion. I don't agree with the politics or methods the Chinese government uses.

Pink Top Hat

Thank you for proving my point. So much for the "no compulsion in religion" marketing bullet.

For the record, I've had Muslims tell me both "read" and "recite". Some blame it on translators.
obviously the 'Muslims' you are speaking do don't know what they are talking about if they say he could read.

Pink Top Hat

Thank you for proving my point. So much for the "no compulsion in religion" marketing bullet.

For the record, I've had Muslims tell me both "read" and "recite". Some blame it on translators.

I may be wrong but did God not compel Adam and Eve not to do something????

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
No doubt history is rotten with warfare in the world. It seems the West has stopped that inhumane action years ago.

Not really. The US has been involved in plenty of wars that aren't as widely reported, along with all the other Western countries.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I think a lot of folks outside the administration(s) accurately predicted what would happen in Iraq. And no, you didn't need to be a rocket scientist to see it either.

Obviously not enough people did. Around here in Fox News informed Jesustan the carefully protected ignorance was maddening. The arguments I had with my intelligent dad became a bit of a family legend. He just could not fathom any outcome but a grateful Iraq setting up a democracy and paying us in oil for our trouble. After all, we'd never done anything around there but buy oil and try to spread democracy. He blew off any other USA involvement in middle East politics as minor and long ago. He encouraged my niece to join the military because she'd get a good deal and by the time she was trained Iraq would be a cushy post she'd be lucky to get.

Tom

NulliuSINverba

BOTH scriptures are against forcing religion on people.

“When you begin living in the towns the Lord your God is giving you, you may hear that scoundrels among you are leading their fellow citizens astray by saying, ‘Let us go worship other gods’—gods you have not known before. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find that the report is true and such a detestable act has been committed among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the open square and burn it. Burn the entire town as a burnt offering to the Lord your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt." ~ Deuteronomy 13:12-16

"Then Allah sent His peace of reassurance down upon His messenger and upon the believers, and sent down hosts ye could not see, and punished those who disbelieved. Such is the reward of disbelievers. ~ The Qur'an 9.26

"Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must die. In this way you will purge the evil from Israel." ~ Deuteronomy 17:12

"Allah has promised the hypocritical men and the hypocritical women and the unbelievers the fire of hell to abide therein; it is enough for them; and Allah has cursed them and they shall have lasting punishment." ~ The Qur'an 9:68

"And they entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and with all their soul, but that whoever would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, should be put to death, whether young or old, man or woman. ~ 2 Chronicles 15:12-13

"O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness; and know that Allah is with those who guard (against evil)." ~ The Qur'an 9:123

Let's be honest about it.

Yes. Let's.

The Bible is full of instructions to kill non-believers. The Qur'an certainly promises all sorts of eternal damnation to infidels in the afterlife ... and instructs the faithful to "strive against" the unbelievers, but it contains at least one citation that does indeed indicate that no one is to have religion forced upon them:

"Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things." ~ The Qur'an 2:256

I'm obliged to give the nod to Islam. I can find no corresponding citation from the Christian Bible that advises similar restraint. Anyone else care to take a stab at it?

Servant_of_the_One1

Actually this can be done if the west stops intervening in the politics of middle east and other muslim countries.
See what USA did to iraq. They removed a stable regime and made the country become extremely unstable. They also removed the stable regime in afghanistan and allowed chaos to rule.
Why cant west mind their own business? I understand going after the attackers of 911, these are alqeada. But why go after The islamic government of Afghanistan(taliban) or after Saddam Hussein? Going after them opened doors to more violence.

Who gives u the right to force down democracy and other western ideas on the throats of muslims and others... Who gives u the right to do regime changes?
Oh superpower status, being the empire, that gives u the right???

NulliuSINverba

Who gives u the right to force down democracy and other western ideas on the throats of muslims and others... Who gives u the right to do regime changes?
Oh superpower status, being the empire, that gives u the right???

It could be that the superpower believes it has God on its side. It's a soggy-brained notion, but it could be.

Servant_of_the_One1

It could be that the superpower believes it has God on its side. It's a soggy-brained notion, but it could be.

Loll
In that case God was also on the side of Pagan Romans, Babylonians, Assyrians, Old Egypt, ancient chinese? And so on...

Being superpower doesnt mean God is pleased with u.
It only means God gives u that power to test you and to test the believers. History shows that believers were extremely persecuated by some superpowers of the ancient.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Actually this can be done if the west stops intervening in the politics of middle east and other muslim countries.
See what USA did to iraq.
This exactly.
Western involvement has been a disaster of reckless greed.

Islamic culture has problems of it's own. Primitive ethics and culture have a wall built around them retarding improvements. But westerners who only care about what they can extract are also a huge part of the problems and why things keep getting worse.

Tom

Woodrow LI

IB Ambassador
Shadow wolf. Thank you also for the stats.
I'm addressing murderous acts in the here and now, not many hundred of years ago.
I acknowledged that Christianity has had a very bloody, wicked, past.
Those actions by Christians have long ago gone the way of the extinct creatures that crawled our planet. By and large nearly NONE of the religions of the world commit the kinds of savage acts we see worldwide committed by muslim extremists.
I'm addressing violent, savage acts, committed across the globe. I did not see Isreal citizens openly cheering the deaths of innocent Palistinains.
I'm not suggesting the vast majority of muslims support this inhmane treatment of people who conjure up cartoons.
By the way. Islam makes up 23% of the world population, not 2%. From wiki: " With about 1.6 billion followers or 23% of earth's population, Islam is the second- largest religion and one of the fastest-growing major religions in the world."
We don't see Buddist, or Hindus, or Christians acting out acts like extremist muslims by publishing beheadings on the internet or siezing territory by warfare.
I think every religious group is aware of the crimes committed in the name of Christianity in centuries past.
When hamas began rocket attacks against Isreal the t-v showed thousands of Palistinian
muslims cherring in the streets in support of the attacks.
When muslim extremists killed Jews in a synagogue again thousand of muslims cheered in the streets while handing out candies and treets to passersby.
That was an example of collective support for murder. We don't see any other group, religious or political cheering en mass when muslims are killed by military action.
When did we ever see mass collective cheering by Americans when the coaltion military bombs and kills ISIS fighters?????? Or the French or the Brits, or the Aussies, or anyone else.
I can't grasp, my mind won't wrap around actions by a collective group in support of murders.
The same collective support is shown tonight on CNN televison. Thousands of muslims cheering the muders of the innocents in France.
I find that collective group support abhorrent behavior.
Still that kind of support is found in Arabic and north African islam, not in other islamic countrys.

Which raises some questions.
Why does the media show the atrocities committed tby Muslims with so much fervor? Yet virtually ignores atrocities committed by Christians, Hindus Jews and others. The Druze have committed numerous atrocities in Iraq primarily by stoning women. but the only time that got attention was when the media thought they were Muslims. Nearly every youtube video of Muslims in Iraq stoning girls has turned out to be Druze and not Muslims. Once it is discovered they are not Muslims they disappear, but as long as people believe they are Muslims they get wide media attention

The evils done by the Tamil tigers went almost unseen in the West. Yet up until the advent of ISIS they were the most organized and wealthiest terrorist organization ever formed.

a link.

The Tamil Tigers - TIME

some videos

No one claims that they represent Hindus

I can post links of Christians cheering the killing of Muslims in Uganda, but no need in pointing out the errors all people make. for the curious one doing a little searching one can find Christian terrorists in Africa and India along with world support for them

But pointing fingers is not going to benefit anyone

we all need to understand there are evil groups wearing many names, but they represent only them self

those who cheer terrorism done by those calling themselves Muslim are committing an attack on Islam
Every video showing Muslims cheering terrorism has been an attack upon the majority of Muslims that do not support such.

The terrorists wearing the name of Muslim have attacked Islam twice with their crimes-- once with the act-- and then again with the media attention that gives the image Islam supports them.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I'm obliged to give the nod to Islam. I can find no corresponding citation from the Christian Bible that advises similar restraint. Anyone else care to take a stab at it?

Sure.

Let's talk reality. Muslims can come to Christendom and practice their religion any way they want. That doesn't mean that they can bring their culture as well, but they can practice unimpeded.

Doesn't work that way in most of the Islamic world.

Tom

Sakeenah

obviously the 'Muslims' you are speaking do don't know what they are talking about if they say he could read.

I agree they don't know propbably...there's a well known narration which tells what happened..I'll summarised it..I'll pos the entire narration later
Gabriel said iqra( read) the prophet said maar ana bi qari (I'm not able to read)..meaning he was illiterate.. After 3 times Gabriel read it, and the prophet recited after him by memorisation.

Woodrow LI

IB Ambassador
Sure.

Let's talk reality. Muslims can come to Christendom and practice their religion any way they want. That doesn't mean that they can bring their culture as well, but they can practice unimpeded.

Doesn't work that way in most of the Islamic world.

Tom
What is Islamic culture?
My culture as an American/Lithuanian?
My wife's culture as a Native Northern Cheyenne?
The culture of My friend in Minneapolis who is Somali?
The culture of My son in law who is a Bengali from Pakistan?
How about the culture of a very close friend in Fargo who is a refugee from Gaza?

We are all Muslims and each with very different and distinct cultures.

My wife as Native American is very upset that the Wasicu brought their horrible cultural pratices to the Mitikayu Oyasin and forced them upon Ki Tokahe Oyate
To those that can't speak American, they should all go back to England :D

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Obviously not enough people did. Around here in Fox News informed Jesustan the carefully protected ignorance was maddening. The arguments I had with my intelligent dad became a bit of a family legend. He just could not fathom any outcome but a grateful Iraq setting up a democracy and paying us in oil for our trouble. After all, we'd never done anything around there but buy oil and try to spread democracy. He blew off any other USA involvement in middle East politics as minor and long ago. He encouraged my niece to join the military because she'd get a good deal and by the time she was trained Iraq would be a cushy post she'd be lucky to get.

Tom
Oy vey, eh?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I agree they don't know propbably...there's a well known narration which tells what happened..I'll summarised it..I'll pos the entire narration later
Gabriel said iqra( read) the prophet said maar ana bi qari (I'm not able to read)..meaning he was illiterate.. After 3 times Gabriel read it, and the prophet recited after him by memorisation.
Yep, that's pretty well my read of the situation, lol. (Pun intended.) You did leave out the tiny details that Gabriel got increasingly impatient with Muhammad and was not too subtle about it - if we are to believe the accounts of his experience in the cave of Hira, of course. It certainly looks like compulsion to me. I've yet to have a Muslim agree that it was an act of compulsion however.