• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Can we know that either Christianity or Islam is right?

mywa

freshman
Each and every word that comes from the Lord must come true.This is the only way we know who is speaking the truth.The fact that there is close resemblance between the two should raise eyebrows.Even the devil comes in the name of God to deceive many.

Muffled

Jesus in me
IMO both religions are right (accurate).

The question for the Christian is not: What path is accurate? It is: which path will save a person from sin? Both will, but Islam will not work as well because it depends o a person's own strength while the Christian depends on the power of God.

If you are talking about which group is right about individual doctrines, it depends on the doctrine. Sometimes Christians are right; sometimes Muslims.

I don't put much faith in the accuracy of websites or teachers. I have found they can be just as wrong as anyone else.

A person is not going to Hell based on his religion but on his beliefs.

kejos

IMO both religions are right (accurate).

The question for the Christian is not: What path is accurate? It is: which path will save a person from sin? Both will, but Islam will not work as well because it depends o a person's own strength while the Christian depends on the power of God.
Islam, like Hinduism and anything else, won't work at all. "No man comes to the Father except by me." Islam is like most religions. Christianity is like no other.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Islam, like Hinduism and anything else, won't work at all. "No man comes to the Father except by me." Islam is like most religions.
I think it was Smoke who introduced me to an expression that's sometimes used in the Orthodox churches: "we know where God is, but we do not know where God is not."

How do you know that the Muslim or the Hindu isn't coming to the Father through Christ? Are you in the habit of putting limits on your god, or do you feel that he has to inform you of anything that he chooses to do?

Christianity is like no other.
... and in that respect, it's like all the others.

kejos

I think it was Smoke who introduced me to an expression that's sometimes used in the Orthodox churches: "we know where God is, but we do not know where God is not."
But then reading Orthodox theology has always been akin to finding the way in fog. :)

How do you know that the Muslim or the Hindu isn't coming to the Father through Christ?
Because the Hindu and the Muslim don't accept that Christ died in their place for their sins. (And neither do Orthodox, as it happens.)

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Because the Hindu and the Muslim don't accept that Christ died in their place for their sins. (And neither do Orthodox, as it happens.)
So? Even if that's the requirement that Christ gave to you for salvation, what makes you think that this must be the requirement he'd give to everyone?

Twig pentagram

High Priest
They have a lot in common after all. They both claim to be the only true religion of God. They both claim that Abraham and the patriarchs were Christians or Muslims respectively. They both claim to be children of Abraham. They both claim that if you leave their religion to become any other religion you'll go to hell. Christians claim that if Christians become Muslim they're going to hell, and Muslims claim if a Muslim leaves Islam for any other religion they're hellbound. Which is actually true?
I took christianity and islam to court about four years ago, and I found them both guilty of being ficticious.

logician

They have a lot in common after all. They both claim to be the only true religion of God. They both claim that Abraham and the patriarchs were Christians or Muslims respectively. They both claim to be children of Abraham. They both claim that if you leave their religion to become any other religion you'll go to hell. Christians claim that if Christians become Muslim they're going to hell, and Muslims claim if a Muslim leaves Islam for any other religion they're hellbound. Which is actually true?

They can't all be right, so logically, none are.:D

fatima_bintu_islam

I thought you would be more logical than this , logician lol

In logic , the negation of ( Islam and christianity ) is:

(Negation of Islam ) or (negation of christianity) I guess you should try to change your nickname :)

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist

It's basically just a result of peoples' tendency to be unoriginal - particularly when it comes to fictional stories.

Cordoba

Which is actually true?

One way to answer your question is by comparing both scriptures

While Muslims believe that the original Divine Book revealed to Jesus, peace be upon him, (The Injeel), was authentic (and this is actually one of the six articles of faith in Islam), we believe that the current Bible is not the Book revealed to Jesus.

This is one comparison done by a French scientist, titled (The Bible, The Qur'an and Science: The Holy Scriptures Examined in the Light of Modern Knowledge)

The Bible, The Qur'an and Science

Cordoba

He was informed by God of the man-made changes in the Gospels, such as the trinity, the claim that Jesus is the son of God, ... etc.