• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can you be a True Christian™ if you don't take the Eden story literally?

Kelly of the Phoenix

“So what did Job “get right” (42:7)? The upshot of the trial is that Job finally sees that God’s governance of the universe is much more wonderful than he could have imagined, and he openly concedes this (42:2-5); so this is what Job spoke about God that was “right” (42:7)
God failed to mention the bet that He made with Satan just to troll Job.

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
Your choices are your own.

This is an argument from contingency, which now only is fallacious, but has nothing to do with my question. You are using it as cover for that last sentence which is a round about way of saying that you have no idea.

That is not a defense.

That is false. The Klan was both sincere and unjustified.
No , you are refusing to accept it as one.
And that is because you wanted to put me in a very unconfrontable position, because i know what you think i would answer.
That's why i did the same.

It is a defence , because you are adressing it that way.

You can buy also a coffe and give it to someone , it will be sincere , and you will say that is unjustified.
That is why i said INFINITE.

Look , what you do is you put intentionally blood on my hands, i see your point.
We Christians,we carry heavy burden on our shoulders , and we are not proud of it.But we don't have the guilt for that.
And that is how it is.

F1fan

Veteran Member
When Cause comes in existence , it had to be uncaused , otherwise it requires a cause, then we can't have infinite regression , otherwise it will lose the effect.
So it’s more likely that matter has always existed, and that eliminates the assumption that there was a messy uncaused cause. No need for your God any more. Any questions?
As theist i belive that God is the uncaused..
Of course, what choice do you have? You want to be a believer so need there to be a God that is useful. But as we see there’s no way for a God to cause itself. That is absurd. And with matter always existing we don’t need a God to explain anything. Let’s nite that you can’t answer how a God could create itself or anything.
He is the highest authority , so seek for your answer if you want to know it.
The mere mortal claims a God not known to exude is the highest authority. Too bad many believers act as if they don’t believe in a God and can do anything they damn well please, like the KKK, Nazis, the Confederates, all who claim to be Christians but are evil.

ppp

No , you are refusing to accept it as one.
And that is because you wanted to put me in a very unconfrontable position, because i know what you think i would answer.
That's why i did the same.
That is the third time that you have claimed to know what I think. The third time you have been wrong. And this will be the third time that you refuse to acknowledge your error.

It is a defence , because you are adressing it that way.
That is sophistry.
You can buy also a coffe and give it to someone , it will be sincere , and you will say that is unjustified.
The fourth time.

Look , what you do is you put intentionally blood on my hands, i see your point.
I have neither said, nor implied, anything about blood on your hands. Either literally or figuratively. You might do better to respond to what I say, rather than what your imagination thinks I mean,
We Christians,we carry heavy burden on our shoulders , and we are not proud of it.
Oh? What burden is that?

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
So it’s more likely that matter has always existed, and that eliminates the assumption that there was a messy uncaused cause. No need for your God any more. Any questions?

Of course, what choice do you have? You want to be a believer so need there to be a God that is useful. But as we see there’s no way for a God to cause itself. That is absurd. And with matter always existing we don’t need a God to explain anything. Let’s nite that you can’t answer how a God could create itself or anything.

The mere mortal claims a God not known to exude is the highest authority. Too bad many believers act as if they don’t believe in a God and can do anything they damn well please, like the KKK, Nazis, the Confederates, all who claim to be Christians but are evil.

So you are telling me that we came from nothing?
Why is there something instead of nothing?
Act like a human , not like a robot.
I had a choice , when i stopped beliving in what you say..

F1fan

Veteran Member
So you are telling me that we came from nothing?
No, that is what Christians claim. Their God came from nothing. Then the God created everything from nothing. Not a single bit of evidence or explanation how any of that is plausible. Just taking an ancient story literally in a way that even the Jews don't do. And it's their story.
Why is there something instead of nothing?
Because how else could the universe include people who ask questions that confuse themselves?

The funny thing about these kinds of questions points to assumptions that underlay thinking. Why even ask such a question when it suggests that there being something is unusual?
Act like a human , not like a robot.
Oddly it is believers who adopt dogmas, and then act via those dogmas as if they are absolute, who act like robots. Atheists think for themselves. Atheists don't have archaic dogmas and assumptions of a God being an authority as a basis for behavior. Look atht eCatholics and Lutherans who were Nazis and worked to eliminate the Jews. Obviously their belief in Jesus did not allow them the freedom to consider their immoral acts. This is how robots act, they behave as programmed, just like Christians, just like Nazis, just like Jihadists, etc.
I had a choice , when i stopped beliving in what you say..
Well what I say is rational and factual, so that's bad news for you. Live like a robot, and don't think for yourself.

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
No, that is what Christians claim. Their God came from nothing. Then the God created everything from nothing. Not a single bit of evidence or explanation how any of that is plausible. Just taking an ancient story literally in a way that even the Jews don't do. And it's their story.

Because how else could the universe include people who ask questions that confuse themselves?

The funny thing about these kinds of questions points to assumptions that underlay thinking. Why even ask such a question when it suggests that there being something is unusual?

Oddly it is believers who adopt dogmas, and then act via those dogmas as if they are absolute, who act like robots. Atheists think for themselves. Atheists don't have archaic dogmas and assumptions of a God being an authority as a basis for behavior. Look atht eCatholics and Lutherans who were Nazis and worked to eliminate the Jews. Obviously their belief in Jesus did not allow them the freedom to consider their immoral acts. This is how robots act, they behave as programmed, just like Christians, just like Nazis, just like Jihadists, etc.

Well what I say is rational and factual, so that's bad news for you. Live like a robot, and don't think for yourself.
I will answer all of this with one statement:

Other universe that we "played" with , mathematicly speaking are not competable with life,Stars burn out to quickly,Galaxies simply fall apart , protons disintegrate, it's very hard to create a universe that is stable.
In fact there are very few universes that have stable protons.And we go to the lowest state of matter , electrons and neutrons.So it will be a gas of electrons and neutrons.So basicly this universes will fall apart in clouds of electrons and neutrons.
How is that our universe is so special?
Cause it's compactable with stable protons and DNA?
And the fact that our proton is so stable is quite remarkable
And you want me to belive that is accidental?
As far as we know , we are the only one with komplex form of life.

Last edited:

Audie

Veteran Member
That is the third time that you have claimed to know what I think. The third time you have been wrong. And this will be the third time that you refuse to acknowledge your error.

That is sophistry.

The fourth time.

I have neither said, nor implied, anything about blood on your hands. Either literally or figuratively. You might do better to respond to what I say, rather than what your imagination thinks I mean,

Oh? What burden is that?
Why, constant savage persecution!

Reactions: ppp