• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can you justify the sheer complexity that evolution would have to evolve?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I thought that you were a Christian. You are now openly breaking the Ninth Commandment. It does not matter if you believe the nonsenses that you post or not, what matters is that you are now bearing false witness (saying untrue things) about your neighbors.

LO

I’m glad proverbs tells me not to respond.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Hi, Kenny. Once again -- I was thinking...(lol) -- and of course many would put down the events that are written in the Bible that occurred between Moses and the Pharaoh. But Pharaoh's magic-practicing priests put out rods that turned into serpents. And then what happened? Moses put out rods that also turned into serpents. So while nay-sayers accuse those who believe in a Creator of believing in "magic" rather than "natural causes," I see they will not admit there is nothing to back up their ideas other than various and sundry fossils that really do not show the miniscule mutational changes that fish, for example, evolved eventually to humans. Can I explain it any further than that in terms of what precisely took place as God created the heavens and the earth? Nope. But surely neither can scientists who believe in the process of evolution really detail their case with detailed evidence. It's all conjecture about what happened.

And because of your expertise in the field you can tell all those palaeontologists they are wrong. Perhaps it's some type of conspiracy because it's hard to imagine so many could be wrong, got to be a bit of dirty work going on somewhere eh.

Rods to snakes now that's far more believable, I even did it once myself as a joke on the ex wife. To be fair it was a stick and not a rod and did involve a fair bit of sleight of hand and illusion. Hard to believe she divorced me.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
And because of your expertise in the field you can tell all those palaeontologists they are wrong. Perhaps it's some type of conspiracy because it's hard to imagine so many could be wrong, got to be a bit of dirty work going on somewhere eh.

Rods to snakes now that's far more believable, I even did it once myself as a joke on the ex wife. To be fair it was a stick and not a rod and did involve a fair bit of sleight of hand and illusion. Hard to believe she divorced me.
I can say there is simply no detailed evidence to show beyond their assessment of the fossil record that all these organisms evolved by natural forces. They obviously surmise that and some have no doubt about it, but not everyone believes the same way about it.

YoursTrue

I call them con men.
Liars For Jesus are still liars.

I notice you are still clinging to that same old song and dance.
No one outside your choir is buying it.

Not only does it reek of dishonesty, it says an awful lot of negative things about your favourite chosen deity.
Oh, ok. I am not a follower of the Discovery Institute but will certainly keep your appraisal of the scientists there in mind. So you don't like the song "Amazing Grace"? I love the song and I do believe that not everyone singing that song believes what it says, but that's ok. I still know that God guided me and is still guiding me. (Have a good one...)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I can say there is simply no detailed evidence to show beyond their assessment of the fossil record that all these organisms evolved by natural forces. They obviously surmise that and some have no doubt about it, but not everyone believes the same way about it.
Then you should not say that since you are so demonstrably wrong.

Instead of making foolish claims that put the burden of proof upon you you should be trying to learn. As your post is written if you cannot answer this question it is refuted:

And how do you know that?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Oh, ok. I am not a follower of the Discovery Institute but will certainly keep your appraisal of the scientists there in mind. So you don't like the song "Amazing Grace"? I love the song and I do believe that not everyone singing that song believes what it says, but that's ok. I still know that God guided me and is still guiding me. (Have a good one...)
No, you believe that God guided you. Knowledge is public and once again puts the burden of proof upon you. There is nothing wrong with saying "I believe . . . ". Belief is private I cannot say that you do not believe something unless you give clear evidence that you do not believe what you claimed to believe. If you say "I believe . . ." then you often put the burden of proof upon others if they want to change your mind. But when you say "I know" that means that you can show how know what you claim to know.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member

What is detailed evidence?

Here's a question... is your God the only thing that can create life? I ask because your rod story got me thinking, the priests of the Pharaoh created life from non life. I know you won't answer the question but thank you for giving me another bible contradiction.

YoursTrue

Then you should not say that since you are so demonstrably wrong.

Instead of making foolish claims that put the burden of proof upon you you should be trying to learn. As your post is written if you cannot answer this question it is refuted:

And how do you know that?
Now since you are among those that are clearly "opting out" and not backing up your claims with your own words and understanding ascertaining your point upholding the distinct detailed process of evolution which of course you cannot do because it's NOT THERE, it has been interesting, there you go just assailing an opinion contrary to yours. And the one holding that opinion.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Now since you are among those that are clearly "opting out" and not backing up your claims with your own words and understanding ascertaining your point upholding the distinct detailed process of evolution which of course you cannot do because it's NOT THERE, it has been interesting, there you go just assailing an opinion contrary to yours. And the one holding that opinion.
I have backed up my claims more than enough with you. As have others. It gets to the point where you get put into "corrections only" mode where your false claims are corrected and evidence is at the discretion of the person correcting your errors. There are rules to debate and one of those is that both sides must be honest interlocutors. If one side is not then you free up the other side to behave in the same manner.

YoursTrue

What is detailed evidence?
Glad you asked. Finally! The detailed evidence would be the organisms that evolved in the stages said to move from certain types of fish to land animals. But of course there are none. But that's what I mean by detailed evidence. There is none. Only surmises gleaned from fossils.
Here's a question... is your God the only thing that can create life? I ask because your rod story got me thinking, the priests of the Pharaoh created life from non life. I know you won't answer the question but thank you for giving me another bible contradiction.
Here is my answer for that, whether you like it or not: (think about it) There are gods or other-worldly forces that can do things that appear astounding. But the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob will always be the Almighty God with power over all and He will exercise it at the right time, just as He did with Moses and the Hebrew people.