• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

how did man appear on earth

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Riverwolf,

My point was that your saying, "no one really knows for sure" implied that whether or not humans share a common ancestry with other primates remains an open question. This is most certainly not the case, and we can say with about as much certainty as anything else that we do.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
Primitive religions reject science. That's nothing new.

Yes, that is why I don't follow a religion. Animism and shamanism both are more of an understanding of the world we can not see and the natural world around us. Even the primitive cave dwellers understood that everything that existed had some form of energy. They just called it "spirit". Scientists are just beginning to realize that this "animate" energy is in all things. The early primitive animistic people were right all along. It was the organized religions that came after that rejected science. The early animists could not reject something they did not know. They just came up with their own understanding of what was going on around them.

Last edited:

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Riverwolf,

My point was that your saying, "no one really knows for sure" implied that whether or not humans share a common ancestry with other primates remains an open question. This is most certainly not the case, and we can say with about as much certainty as anything else that we do.

Saying with certainty and knowing for sure are completely different things, you know. I do believe what the theory of evolution entails, but I also know that the only way to know for sure is to get in a time machine and go back and look for ourselves.

Saying you know for sure is equivalent to claiming one knows everything there is to know about a subject matter, in my opinion.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Riverwolf,

I understand what you're saying, and under the terms you describe we don't "know" anything. Thus, the phrase "we know for sure" becomes meaningless anyways.

That's why I said we know that humans share a common ancestry with other primates as much as we know anything else.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friends,
None so far came forward to accept ADAM & EVE as having being created by some unknown god.
Find followers of bible to have modified their ideas on the subject and though all Abrahamic religions start with Adam & Eve but however do not find similar sentiments echoed by followers of islam besides hardly ever find them to participate in such intellectual pursuits/ discussions.

Love & rgds

Makaveli

Homoioi
I don't know, and I doubt science will ever discover how in my lifetime. Evolution is a more logical theory, but as another poster said it only explains the changes from one form to another based on natural conditions, not how anything came about. I'm inclined to think that, based on current scientific knowledge, that billions of years ago amino acids and other such basic components for life bonded together into proto-bacteria, which eventually developed DNA/RNA. However, DNA/RNA is such a complex thing that I am also inclined to believe such spontaneous creation is impossible.

Adam and Eve is just a tale designed to show how Man was brought into the world in its current conditions for the time; how it descended from paradise into the harsh reality of the world.

Basically, no one knows and no one is likely to know for some time, if ever.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
humans were created by Allah, yes.

the evolution theory is the biggest decit perform by darwin that basically everyone has fallen into his "hipnotism", there is clear evidence which can abolish this theory but i just need some more time and i will prove to you that Peace, was right. everything appeared suddenly and in perfect form, without any evolution ever taking place.

and did you guys know that darwin was a great racist. he claimed that white people were more advanced than the black how dumb is that, by the way how many of you agree with that, i am interested in knowing.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
...besides (one) hardly ever find(s) them (Muslims) to participate in such intellectual pursuits/discussions.
You sound as if you are genuinely surprised. My read on Islamic thought, or what might be considered to be "thought" in some quarters, for the most part, is such thought is quite superficial. I think I just might choke if I came across a truly brilliant Muslim "scholar". If anyone knows of one, feel free to mention their name so I can investigate what they have to say.

Last edited:

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member

the evolution theory is the biggest decit perform by darwin that basically everyone has fallen into his "hipnotism", there is clear evidence which can abolish this theory but i just need some more time and i will prove to you that Peace, was right. everything appeared suddenly and in perfect form, without any evolution ever taking place.

and did you guys know that darwin was a great racist. he claimed that white people were more advanced than the black how dumb is that, by the way how many of you agree with that, i am interested in knowing.

So, Darwin said something we now understand to be completely bogus. Does that automatically invalidate every single other thing he said?

I'd also like to point out that humans are further from perfect than the distance of the diameter of the universe.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Adam and Eve are part of a silly fairytale. Anyone who believes this might also accept Norse Mythology and the story of Troy as real?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

Unlike the creation myth that all of the abrahamic religions share, the theory of evolution actually has plenty of evidence to support it and actually makes logical sense, neither of which can be said of your religion. Evolution is a natural biological process, and just because some people might have attached and attributed some unsavory and false notions to it doesn't make the idea itself false. To 'abolish' evolution is to abolish science and intellect itself.

Ozzie

Unlike the creation myth that all of the abrahamic religions share, the theory of evolution actually has plenty of evidence to support it and actually makes logical sense, neither of which can be said of your religion. Evolution is a natural biological process, and just because some people might have attached and attributed some unsavory and false notions to it doesn't make the idea itself false. To 'abolish' evolution is to abolish science and intellect itself.
Abolishing evolution would require abolishing observation, curiosity and wonder about the world, and the naive perspective, as well as science and intellect itself.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
I think I just might choke if I came across a truly brilliant Muslim "scholar". If anyone knows of one, feel free to mention their name so I can investigate what they have to say.

Harun Hahya, Dr Zakir Naik? :D Oh, wait.. you said a truly brilliant Muslim scholar.. nevermind. ;)