• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

how did man appear on earth

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
My holy book, the Quran, is not outdated at all, for it is convenient for everytime and every place and it's full of scientific truths. You should rather read it to have a clear idea about it.

Scriptures are not passing on to people scientific theories and the advanced knowledge of physical laws, scriptures do not have the base of knowledge we achieved in our age and the kind of technology we have gained, religious scriptures had the purpose of fitting people into their respective societies, not to create astronomers and physicians out of the common folk.
today, people owe it to themselves to be familiar with the basic scientific theories and thought, regardless if they hold the Qur'an in high esteem, the Bible in high esteem, or both.

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Really does it explain rock cycles, soil degredation and formation, ozone creation? I think it would be a stretch even for biblical scholars even if it did.
I'm not trying to insult your beliefs but thats all they are. Im afraid i can only see such scientific truths from the Quran if i want to, they do not exactly jump out of the page. Like with most religious texts, the meaning you interpret can be far different to the meaning someone else interprets. Since Mohammed is no lonnger living, it is difficult to accurately predict his intended message without guesswork.

Science of evolution deals with cold hard facts, theres nothing more to it.

To me my belief and to you yours :)

Truth_Faith13

Friend Peace has this to say:

Like everyone to respond this.

Love & rgds

I don't actually know

I agree with the theory of evolution, there is so much evidence supporting it. But remember evolution is never intended to explain how we first appeared (in what ever form that was) - it is a progression of a species to another species etc etc.

As for Adam and Eve - my instinct tells me that it is just a story as with the story of Noah....intended to teach us the moral concepts etc. But I am not sure.

One thing I have thought of, which is silly, but makes sense to me....if you look at the average height now - probably 5ft 6/7?? (maybe) compared to the average height two hundred years ago - probably 4ft something......if you go as far back as adam and eve and think they were literally put here and look as we do today - imagine how small they would have been?

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Peace,

You say you haven't seen any evidence for evolution. I think the obvious follow-up to that is: Where have you looked?

camanintx

Lets see, to those who take it literally.. :cover:

there is a talking serpent, a fruit that makes Adam and Eve enlightened of their condition, a woman created out of a man's rib, animals that initially eat only plants, oh yes.. and there are just TWO humans populating the earth.

Btw, a great deal of this came from pagan creation and origin myths of ancient Sumeria.
:bow: :clap

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Lets see, to those who take it literally.. :cover:

there is a talking serpent, a fruit that makes Adam and Eve enlightened of their condition, a woman created out of a man's rib, animals that initially eat only plants, oh yes.. and there are just TWO humans populating the earth.

Btw, a great deal of this came from pagan creation and origin myths of ancient Sumeria.

Exactly! If we all descended from a single line of incest, we would've gone extinct a long, long time ago. It's just not genetically feasible. The creation myth also ignores fossil records and soil layers, along with a lot else. To say ancient superstitions are a science is an insult to science.

S-word

Quote:
No, humans haven't just appreared haphazardley, they were created by God. The first human being that was created is Adam then Eve and we are all their progeny, it's very simple. We Muslims don't believe in Darwin's idea of human evolution.

No species can dominate the life on earth for over three million years without developing intelligence. It is written in the Pseudepigrapha of the Old Testament, that before the creation of mankind on this earth, the feet of God’s son was on earth but his head was in paradise. But knowing the nature of the animal spirit of the lower place and not wanting his son destroyed, God put his heavenly son into a deep sleep. God did this by destroying the prehuman body of life on earth from which he was gathering the best of the spirits into the heavenly enclosure that was his growing son (The Light of Man) which would later be made manifest as the body of mankind the Lord of Creatures and the most high in creation. Before falling into a state of apparent nonexistence, the heavenly child cried out “Mother” as he watched the earthly body from which he was being formed, destroyed. In the Book of Genesis in relation to the six periods of universal activity that it took before the formation of mankind, it is said that the observer of the creation of each day is pleased with that day’s work, then evening descends, which period of universal darkness would appear to our finite minds as an eternity.

But on the sixth day, after the formation of all the great land animals which included the dinosaurs, it is written that the observer was pleased, but on this day evening does not then descend, for it is then that the Lord to the glory of the creator says, and now, let us make man in our image and likeness, see Genesis 2 in reference to the seven generations of the universe, it was on the seventh day which is the resting cycle of the creator God and according to the Psuedepigraha of the Old Testament, the Lord then takes some soil from the earth and creates an image of himself, and demanded that the spirits of the lower place, (the spirits from the earthly life forms of the sixth period of universal activity that had been destroyed) Bow before the image of Godhead, the most high and first born of creation who was able to comprehend the invisible mind that was He. This was the division of the spirits, those who obeyed the Lord and bowed to his image, were gathered into the spiritual enclosure of which Adam was their compilation, and those who refused to bow to the image of the Lord were gathered into the spiritual enclosure of which Eve was their compilation and the lord named that enclosure after the last words spoken by his heavenly son, “MOTHER” or that is to say Eve which name means ‘mother’. Genesis 5, After God had created man like himself, (an androgynous being) male and female created he them and named them Adam. The Lord then took the already existing seed that remained in the earth after the great extermination and he planted a garden in Eden where he placed Adam.

Let me read to you from the Book of Adam and Eve, whether or not you believe what the spirit is trying to reveal to you in this story, is up to you. If this debate continues beyond this comment, we may perhaps be able to delve deeper into this apparent mystery, but for now, let us continue. After Adam had been driven out of paradise and returned to the lower place just after the great event in which the life on earth had been annihilated, from which he had been formed, he cried out to the devil who was tormenting his wife ‘Eve,’ “Why do you torment us so?” And with a heavy sigh, the devil spake: “O Adam! All my hostility, envy, and sorrow is for thee, since it is for thee that I have been expelled from my glory, which I possessed in the heavens in the midsts of the angels and for thee was I cast down to the earth.’

Adam answered, “What dost thou tell me? What have I done to thee, or what is my fault against thee? Seeing that thou hast received no harm or injury from us, why dost thou pursue us? The Devil replied, “Adam, what dost thou tell me? It is for thy sake that I have been hurled from that place. When thou wast formed, I was hurled out of the presence of God and banished from the company of the angels. When God blew into thee the breath of life, and thy face and thy likeness were made in the image of God, Michael also brought thee and made us worship thee in the sight of God; and God the Lord (Jahel or Lord to the glory of the creator) spake: Here is Adam. I have made thee in our image and likeness.” And Michael went out and called all the angels saying: “Worship the image of God as the Lord (Jah) God (El) hath commanded.” And Michael himself worshipped first; then he called me and said, “Worship the image of God the Lord.” And I answered, “I have no need to worship Adam.” And since Michael kept urging me to worship, I said to him, “Why dost thou urge me?” I will not worship an inferior being than me. I am his senior in the creation, before he was made I was already made. It is Adam’s duty to worship me.”

When the angels who were under me, heard this, they also refused to worship Adam, (These were the spirits within the enclosure of who Eve was their compilation) And Michael saith, “Worship the image of God, (The Most High and Lord of Creatures) but if thou wilt not worship him, the Lord (Jah) God (El) will be wrath with thee.” But he, (The ruling spirit of all those who are gathered in to the spiritual enclose of which Eve was the compilation) said, “If he be wrath with me, I will set my seat above the stars of heaven and will be like the highest himself.” And God the Lord was wrath with me and banished me and my angels from our glory; and on thy account, were we expelled from our abodes into this world and were hurled on the earth. And straight way we were overcome with grief, since we had been spoiled of so great glory. And we were grieved when we saw thee in such Joy and luxury (In the Garden of Eden). And with guile I (The Spiritual godhead of the upright walking serpent) cheated thy wife Eve and caused thee to be expelled through her doing from thy joy and luxury, as I have been driven out of my glory, etc. It is also written somewhere else in the Pseudepigrapha of the Old Testament, that after Satan had been hurled down to the earth of the sixth cycle of universal activity and while Adam was still in Paradise, the ruling spirit in the enclosure that was Eve whose pregnant body today has become the entire body of mankind, then understood that God was about to bring in a new creation and so he entered into Eve who was still in paradise in the Garden of Eden and deceived her, but he was unable to touch Adam.

Last edited:

Draka

Wonder Woman
Man usually appears by the top of his head first. Usually a bit slippery and crying.

As for the how...usually through much pain and pushing on the part of woman.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Quote:
No, humans haven't just appreared haphazardley, they were created by God. The first human being that was created is Adam then Eve and we are all their progeny, it's very simple. We Muslims don't believe in Darwin's idea of human evolution.

No species can dominate the life on earth for over three million years without developing intelligence. It is written in the Pseudepigrapha of the Old Testament, that before the creation of mankind on this earth, the feet of God’s son was on earth but his head was in paradise. But knowing the nature of the animal spirit of the lower place and not wanting his son destroyed, God put his heavenly son into a deep sleep. God did this by destroying the prehuman body of life on earth from which he was gathering the best of the spirits into the heavenly enclosure that was his growing son (The Light of Man) which would later be made manifest as the body of mankind the Lord of Creatures and the most high in creation. Before falling into a state of apparent nonexistence, the heavenly child cried out “Mother” as he watched the earthly body from which he was being formed, destroyed. In the Book of Genesis in relation to the six periods of universal activity that it took before the formation of mankind, it is said that the observer of the creation of each day is pleased with that day’s work, then evening descends, which period of universal darkness would appear to our finite minds as an eternity.

But on the sixth day, after the formation of all the great land animals which included the dinosaurs, it is written that the observer was pleased, but on this day evening does not then descend, for it is then that the Lord to the glory of the creator says, and now, let us make man in our image and likeness, see Genesis 2 in reference to the seven generations of the universe, it was on the seventh day which is the resting cycle of the creator God and according to the Psuedepigraha of the Old Testament, the Lord then takes some soil from the earth and creates an image of himself, and demanded that the spirits of the lower place, (the spirits from the earthly life forms of the sixth period of universal activity that had been destroyed) Bow before the image of Godhead, the most high and first born of creation who was able to comprehend the invisible mind that was He. This was the division of the spirits, those who obeyed the Lord and bowed to his image, were gathered into the spiritual enclosure of which Adam was their compilation, and those who refused to bow to the image of the Lord were gathered into the spiritual enclosure of which Eve was their compilation and the lord named that enclosure after the last words spoken by his heavenly son, “MOTHER” or that is to say Eve which name means ‘mother’. Genesis 5, After God had created man like himself, (an androgynous being) male and female created he them and named them Adam. The Lord then took the already existing seed that remained in the earth after the great extermination and he planted a garden in Eden where he placed Adam.

Let me read to you from the Book of Adam and Eve, whether or not you believe what the spirit is trying to reveal to you in this story, is up to you. If this debate continues beyond this comment, we may perhaps be able to delve deeper into this apparent mystery, but for now, let us continue. After Adam had been driven out of paradise and returned to the lower place just after the great event in which the life on earth had been annihilated, from which he had been formed, he cried out to the devil who was tormenting his wife ‘Eve,’ “Why do you torment us so?” And with a heavy sigh, the devil spake: “O Adam! All my hostility, envy, and sorrow is for thee, since it is for thee that I have been expelled from my glory, which I possessed in the heavens in the midsts of the angels and for thee was I cast down to the earth.’

Adam answered, “What dost thou tell me? What have I done to thee, or what is my fault against thee? Seeing that thou hast received no harm or injury from us, why dost thou pursue us? The Devil replied, “Adam, what dost thou tell me? It is for thy sake that I have been hurled from that place. When thou wast formed, I was hurled out of the presence of God and banished from the company of the angels. When God blew into thee the breath of life, and thy face and thy likeness were made in the image of God, Michael also brought thee and made us worship thee in the sight of God; and God the Lord (Jahel or Lord to the glory of the creator) spake: Here is Adam. I have made thee in our image and likeness.” And Michael went out and called all the angels saying: “Worship the image of God as the Lord (Jah) God (El) hath commanded.” And Michael himself worshipped first; then he called me and said, “Worship the image of God the Lord.” And I answered, “I have no need to worship Adam.” And since Michael kept urging me to worship, I said to him, “Why dost thou urge me?” I will not worship an inferior being than me. I am his senior in the creation, before he was made I was already made. It is Adam’s duty to worship me.”

When the angels who were under me, heard this, they also refused to worship Adam, (These were the spirits within the enclosure of who Eve was their compilation) And Michael saith, “Worship the image of God, (The Most High and Lord of Creatures) but if thou wilt not worship him, the Lord (Jah) God (El) will be wrath with thee.” But he, (The ruling spirit of all those who are gathered in to the spiritual enclose of which Eve was the compilation) said, “If he be wrath with me, I will set my seat above the stars of heaven and will be like the highest himself.” And God the Lord was wrath with me and banished me and my angels from our glory; and on thy account, were we expelled from our abodes into this world and were hurled on the earth. And straight way we were overcome with grief, since we had been spoiled of so great glory. And we were grieved when we saw thee in such Joy and luxury (In the Garden of Eden). And with guile I (The Spiritual godhead of the upright walking serpent) cheated thy wife Eve and caused thee to be expelled through her doing from thy joy and luxury, as I have been driven out of my glory, etc. It is also written somewhere else in the Pseudepigrapha of the Old Testament, that after Satan had been hurled down to the earth of the sixth cycle of universal activity and while Adam was still in Paradise, the ruling spirit in the enclosure that was Eve whose pregnant body today has become the entire body of mankind, then understood that God was about to bring in a new creation and so he entered into Eve who was still in paradise in the Garden of Eden and deceived her, but he was unable to touch Adam.

Yaaaaaaaaaaay!

Heartfelt

My response is this: The whole story of Genesis is a myth. Adam and Eve are mythological characters. They didn't really exist. At most you can take them as allegorical symbols.

Humans did not just "appear". They were not formed out of dirt by "god". If anything, we can be traced to the beginnings of life in water. We were not formed as clay. No mold, no shaping, no placing in any garden.
I totally disagree with this...I DO believe in creation and it DID begin with God creating everything...the big bang is impossible and so is Darwin's theory...you can't end up with so many species from the same elements that can only reproduce the same as they are. I used to breed poodles and learned they have resessive genes and if their bloodline was ever compromised you will eventually end up with a dog that looks nothing like the parents...so God HAD to have made it all with our own genetic make-up to be able to reproduce as we do of like kind. A lot of the earth seems 'real' old but god made Adam and Eve fully mature people ready to reproduce and did the same with the earth...life/animals/plant life/ect.were all made with AGE...the compression of the flood created the force to do what carbon dating tries to say was older...carbon dating is flawed to begin with...frankly it's all from 'Creation' with ONE Creator and that is my personal opinion.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
I totally disagree with this...I DO believe in creation and it DID begin with God creating everything...the big bang is impossible and so is Darwin's theory...you can't end up with so many species from the same elements that can only reproduce the same as they are. I used to breed poodles and learned they have resessive genes and if their bloodline was ever compromised you will eventually end up with a dog that looks nothing like the parents...so God HAD to have made it all with our own genetic make-up to be able to reproduce as we do of like kind. A lot of the earth seems 'real' old but god made Adam and Eve fully mature people ready to reproduce and did the same with the earth...life/animals/plant life/ect.were all made with AGE...the compression of the flood created the force to do what carbon dating tries to say was older...carbon dating is flawed to begin with...frankly it's all from 'Creation' with ONE Creator and that is my personal opinion.

Do you know anything about Darwin's theory or do you just conveniently ignore its relevance to evolution (even today)?
Quite frankly all creation demonstrates is a lack of understanding a somehwta convenient ignorance of the world around us.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

"The scientist yearns to find and eventually know the truth;
The religious man wants the truth to fit his preconceived mold. So, as a result...
The scientist alters his perception to conform to the facts;
The religious man tries to change the facts to conform to his beliefs."

Draka

Wonder Woman

I suppose you'd say that all the rest of the universe was made with "age" and the light from those other stars was created already on its way to us as well. :rolleyes: Yeah, god made everything screwed up to begin with so as to play with our little human minds. Nothing like confusing us from the get go huh? Think he thought "I know, I'll plant all sorts of false evidence all over the world, all pointing to the same thing, AND give them the intelligence to discover the evidence and figure out what it all points to, but...the trick's on them...I planted it all just to play with their itty bitty silly human minds!!! Ha ha ha ha ha!" ?

Do you have any idea what Natural Selection is at all?:rolleyes:

Heartfelt

Do you know anything about Darwin's theory or do you just conveniently ignore its relevance to evolution (even today)?
Quite frankly all creation demonstrates is a lack of understanding a somehwta convenient ignorance of the world around us.

Ah Yeah DUH...can you explain how everything came from nothing...when I have nothing in one hand and look at it it still says 'NOTHING'...there is nothing about convienent ignorance...do you know anything about Creation? or do you just dismiss that because of a lack of Biblical knowledge and what has been proven through archeology in the Holy Lands?

Heartfelt

I suppose you'd say that all the rest of the universe was made with "age" and the light from those other stars was created already on its way to us as well. :rolleyes: Yeah, god made everything screwed up to begin with so as to play with our little human minds. Nothing like confusing us from the get go huh? Think he thought "I know, I'll plant all sorts of false evidence all over the world, all pointing to the same thing, AND give them the intelligence to discover the evidence and figure out what it all points to, but...the trick's on them...I planted it all just to play with their itty bitty silly human minds!!! Ha ha ha ha ha!" ?

Do you have any idea what Natural Selection is at all?:rolleyes:

God isn't the author of confussion...Satan is. This world isn't screwed up but some that reside on it sure seem to be.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Ah Yeah DUH...can you explain how everything came from nothing...when I have nothing in one hand and look at it it still says 'NOTHING'...there is nothing about convienent ignorance...do you know anything about Creation? or do you just dismiss that because of a lack of Biblical knowledge and what has been proven through archeology in the Holy Lands?

Biblical creation in 7 days, the earth is only 20,000 years old :rolleyes: lol

the origin of the earth is probably the only missing link. The Big Bang cannot yet be explained, everything else can.
I dismiss biblical theories because of the age they estimate the earth as and the whole God did this and God did that rubbish. We're too beautiful to have been created by a God.
The theory of evolution does not make complete sense, but it does make some. Thats opposed to creation which well, theres a bit too much wishful thinking.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
God isn't the author of confussion...Satan is. This world isn't screwed up but some that reside on it sure seem to be.

Here we go blaming satan. What else do you want to blame satan with champ? I mean you guys have to blame someone right, nothing is ever the fault of god or his followers? How sad.

Draka

Wonder Woman

Ah, so now it is Satan that created the Earth with a faulty timeline. It was Satan that flooded the Earth with more water than even exists on it and somehow "compressed" everything to give us faulty dating. It was Satan who gave us intelligence to decifer fossil records that he created to mess with us. Wow. If it is Satan doing all this, just what exactly did your god do?

I will agree with you on one thing though...some people that reside on Earth are quite screwed up. I just don't think we agree on who those people are.:sarcastic