• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

how did man appear on earth

Darkwater

Personally, I find higher fundamental importance in that they are, as you said, myths. Any relationships the myths share within any kind of order, whether chronological, coincidental or even heirachical, only tends to discredit their claims of divine inspiration. And isn't that what it's really about, whether or not any of them is actually the word of a god, rather than an updated version of older myths? :)

The Shekina gave me a lotus flower to mark my progress & as a thankyou or wages for some work I did at her temple,and on her(I accept my payment with indifference)

When I stand in it I can travel as light being & look like Baphomet *makes ok sign with both hands*...I would say this is subtler understanding of myself,so would place this 3rd(unless you turn it on it's head,think it closer to source & place it first)

Atum Re (why do we say & read Amen so often) as the main man was probably 1st as it is perhaps the least subtle(conversely last if you take the view we are steadily losing the plot & realising less all the time(?).

Either way,the 7 holes being ripped into dumb ignorance(one each day-story of creation) & Adam/Atum re/Atom being thought of as *son of god/ineffible* or whateverinstead of god/ineffible maybe sit nice in the middle.

This is off of the top of my head,if we(you :) ) do a thread I would read into them...

All 3 are truth's which allign with greater truths & are authentic,dependent upon things we can realise.

Which begs the question,are we becoming more or less in touch with our divinity,our divine spark?

The more things change,the more they stay the same.

Namaste,

Andy

Eddy Daze

whirling dervish
The problem is, we aren't like robots at all. We change each generation, you are not identical to your parents. You have mutations and a mix of genes from your parents that is unique.
We animals (no matter how specialized we are) never make the exact same copy when we reproduce.
Its not just 'chips' that would change.. our DNA codes for everything about us. From eye color to our ability to drink milk as an adult to how well our heart pumps.

wa:do[/quote]

If you could be flexible with the robot analogy, the program altering chips and body shapes to suit and maybe use an equation to demonstrate the formation of a new species starting long ago where "a" is the species if we are talking from solitary beginings then it would be something along the lines of a=a, then coming to a=b eventually via something like a=ac+ab and so on, but if multiple goings on it would be easier eg ...ab split to become seperate species , but this seems to go aginst one traceable source.(maybe time and environment need to be added to the equation)

Sleepr

Usually lurking.
...This is off of the top of my head,if we(you :) ) do a thread I would read into them...

LOL, not me. I'm still a new guy around here, so no new thread making for me. Besides, I've been stepping out of my usual "more lurking, less posting" approach, since I found this forum.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I'm afraid the math would have to be far more complicated.
Just modeling predator/prey interactions requires a formula like the Lotka-Volterra equation.

65448c29008a5b699368d6c14eb28ee3.png
50b25b22aa08b82c92b2a75e86d2dc01.png
where

• y is the number of some predator (for example, wolves);
  • x is the number of its prey (for example, rabbits);
  • dy/dt and dx/dt represents the growth of the two populations against time;
  • t represents the time; and
  • α, β, γ and δ are parameters representing the interaction of the two species.
Lotka–Volterra equation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

wa:do

Eddy Daze

whirling dervish
I'm still looking for a useful definition of 'human' from creationists.

That would be anything from the time we were created until now.

analogy....apple seed-sprout-sapling-apple tree and all parts thereof (leaf blossom fruit)

Question..... how on this board do you I find where my last post is without having to do a search every time, I though "my replies would do" it

Draka

Wonder Woman

analogy....apple seed-sprout-sapling-apple tree and all parts thereof (leaf blossom fruit)

Question..... how on this board do you I find where my last post is without having to do a search every time, I though "my replies would do" it

Click on your name on this post and go to "find all posts by".

You can also go to your user page through clicking on your name and look at statistics.

Darkwater

Acorn/Mighty Oak is maybe the most amazing....

Human experience is more chestnut/horsechestnut tree.

Or you may turn into a beautiful butterfly Eddy....kinda.

Drawings of Baal give it away somewhat........

Eddy Daze

whirling dervish
Acorn/Mighty Oak is maybe the most amazing....

Human experience is more chestnut/horsechestnut tree.

Or you may turn into a beautiful butterfly Eddy....kinda.

Drawings of Baal give it away somewhat........

Yes a buuterfly is a very different creature than its earlier form but they are classed as the same species, wonder about any genetic differences though...you know when I have tried reading books on the subject and pondered certain aspects just seems hard to get my head round the basic idea of one living species somehow becoming another.When I ask this on some boards people try to explain then say I do not understand basic biology or its simple,but as the equation posted shows , it is not that simple otherwise ithe basic idea should be able to be represented in a simple form.I have studied basic biology to "A" level some time ago, but we did not do loads of stuff on evolution theory, maybe it is different now.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
There are no genetic differences between a butterfly and its larval form.
Indeed even physically all the parts of a butterfly are found within the caterpillar. Even the wings are within the body as cell clusters waiting to grow.

Eddy Daze

whirling dervish
There are no genetic differences between a butterfly and its larval form.
Indeed even physically all the parts of a butterfly are found within the caterpillar. Even the wings are within the body as cell clusters waiting to grow.

see thats confusing in itself, the genes to make the animal metamorphise, are they still active in the adult or do they switch off once it has changed.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Like all growth genes they switch on when they are needed and then off again once they have done their work. They are called HOX genes. The genes remain but deactivated.

leahrachelle

If you agree with evolution, and in my opinion you are ignorant if you don't, then the real question here is how did LIFE come into existance or the universe, etc.? There is very strong evidence now that we descended from the ancestors of chimpanzees. The fact that are we extremely intellegent compared to every other creature is of course quite strange but from the skeletons we've found we can see how humans have evolved and what processes have brought them to walking erect, creation of speach and tools, etc. Btw, adam and eve and genesis entirely if I'm not mistaken were disproved by the catholic church in 1992. So I do not understand why people still rely on that story. if you truly believe that were only 6 days older than the planets, well.. God help you...

Ditcher161

If you agree with evolution, and in my opinion you are ignorant if you don't, then the real question here is how did LIFE come into existance or the universe, etc.? There is very strong evidence now that we descended from the ancestors of chimpanzees. The fact that are we extremely intellegent compared to every other creature is of course quite strange but from the skeletons we've found we can see how humans have evolved and what processes have brought them to walking erect, creation of speach and tools, etc. Btw, adam and eve and genesis entirely if I'm not mistaken were disproved by the catholic church in 1992. So I do not understand why people still rely on that story. if you truly believe that were only 6 days older than the planets, well.. God help you...

You seem to make alot of claims in these statments. would you give me some evidentiary support for them?

Eddy Daze

whirling dervish

One problem I see with that is known as "The face in the flames/fire" , there could be so many individual types that we are able to build a lineage, take the animals today for example would we be tempted to label a platypus the link between mammals and birds if we were preparing a distant future fossil record? If Neanderthals were alive today would we be tempted to class them as the same species as us, even if they could not breed, if not how would we decide who gets the species name? If yes then how would this effect our classifications of other species?

Darkwater

Yes a buuterfly is a very different creature than its earlier form but they are classed as the same species, wonder about any genetic differences though...you know when I have tried reading books on the subject and pondered certain aspects just seems hard to get my head round the basic idea of one living species somehow becoming another.When I ask this on some boards people try to explain then say I do not understand basic biology or its simple,but as the equation posted shows , it is not that simple otherwise ithe basic idea should be able to be represented in a simple form.I have studied basic biology to "A" level some time ago, but we did not do loads of stuff on evolution theory, maybe it is different now.

Well the energy presets itself differently,different frequency,attunement,metamorphisis,different resonation.

Chestnut is easy to describe/associate with myself due to my experience.growing upwardly

Butterfly egregore energy is different direction,it comes downwards to meet us & is *all around* us & butterfly.ahem..I'm not describing it too well...for egregore I just mean collective energy,the BIG butterfly for want of a better description in self admitted ignorance.

ty for the info painted wolf.

Darkwater

As we began to notice it,in tandem.....Is the best I can explain it to you.

What came first,the gods or their powers?.....they arrived in tandem as we began to look around and notice things.As the *truly bold* would try to label,eventually.

Any good :flirt:

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
eddy daze said:
One problem I see with that is known as "The face in the flames/fire" , there could be so many individual types that we are able to build a lineage, take the animals today for example would we be tempted to label a platypus the link between mammals and birds if we were preparing a distant future fossil record?
Actually any resemblance to a bird is only metaphorical. The link is between mammals and reptiles. The platypus egg is more like a reptiles egg, soft and leathery. Several other features are also more reptilian, like the venom of the platypus.

If Neanderthals were alive today would we be tempted to class them as the same species as us, even if they could not breed, if not how would we decide who gets the species name? If yes then how would this effect our classifications of other species?
It's possible, but unlikely. They are not only genetically distinct from us but physically they are very different.
The species name would likely be different. Homo neanderthalensis was named for the place where the first fossils were found.

I don't see it changing the way other species are named or classified.

leahrachelle

You seem to make alot of claims in these statments. would you give me some evidentiary support for them?

I'm sorry if it appears that way, but we just learned a lot about this in school, and all of that is from our textbooks. And the fact that the story of Adam & Eve was disproved in 1992 is from my family's Catholic priest.

leahrachelle

One problem I see with that is known as "The face in the flames/fire" , there could be so many individual types that we are able to build a lineage, take the animals today for example would we be tempted to label a platypus the link between mammals and birds if we were preparing a distant future fossil record? If Neanderthals were alive today would we be tempted to class them as the same species as us, even if they could not breed, if not how would we decide who gets the species name? If yes then how would this effect our classifications of other species?

I'm not sure if I follow. Are you trying to say that it is not positive where we came from? You agree that we came from other animals, though, right?