• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How did Satan get to the garden of Eden?

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
people flew into the WTC with the knowledge of what makes for a right relationship between the creator god and their fellow beings...

Everybody is capable of evil..
The case in point is that of Lucifer .. he became satan..

Why is it so difficult for you to understand that any one of us can be 'misled by satan', regardless of belief?
Having accurate religious knowledge helps to "spot" satan's devisings, but we're still human, and if people's survival is threatened, whether intentionally or not, it comes as no surprise that they might behave badly .. become angry, and lose control

Last edited:

waitasec

Veteran Member
Everybody is capable of evil..
The case in point is that of Lucifer .. he became satan..

Why is it so difficult for you to understand that any one of us can be 'misled by satan', regardless of belief?
Having accurate religious knowledge helps to "spot" satan's devisings, but we're still human, and if people's survival is threatened, whether intentionally or not, it comes as no surprise that they might behave badly .. become angry, and lose control

religion is just another excuse for our good and or bad behavior. therefore religion is an excuse not the solution which is why horrific acts are done in it's name simply because religion ignores empirical truth but feeds on subjective truth.

the devil made me do it is an excuse to justify religion....
how convenient for the religious to rely on absolution...through subjective faith.

gnostic

The Lost One
9westly9 said:
How did Satan get into the garden of eden?

1) He used the back door
2) He has an inside man
3) He was always there
4) He wasn't there
5) It was just a lookalike, and Satan was actually elsewhere
6) God allowed it (see 2)
7) He dug a tunnel into Eden
8) He turned after being let in
9) None of this is true and is probably made up mythology

I'm sure there are more ideas we can come up with

Other possibilities:

God sent the serpent and gave voice to it (Satan is not involved; remember the talking donkey in Numbers).
God is the one impersonating the donkey.

waitasec

Veteran Member
How did Satan get into the garden of eden?

1) He used the back door
2) He has an inside man
3) He was always there
4) He wasn't there
5) It was just a lookalike, and Satan was actually elsewhere
6) God allowed it (see 2)
7) He dug a tunnel into Eden
8) He turned after being let in
9) None of this is true and is probably made up mythology

I'm sure there are more ideas we can come up with :D

here's a thought, maybe it wasn't satan...

sincerly

and what does this have to do with:

:facepalm:

Waitasec, "This" is just unspecified.

But, You had quoted and :facepalm:enlarged "All" from my comment---and It was in regards to "your existence".

Could I be wrong that as you are today, you do not have any options...you are incapable to make decisions??? Is that the implication of the "image"??

sincerly

people flew into the WTC with the knowledge of what makes for a right relationship between the creator god and their fellow beings...

i am disgusted with that idea...

Those people were not followering the relationship as outlined in the Holy Bible, but the Quran.
Neither is their god the Creator GOD of the Bible.
And well should you be "disgusted" with their "shown" idea.

waitasec

Veteran Member
Those people were not followering the relationship as outlined in the Holy Bible, but the Quran.
Neither is their god the Creator GOD of the Bible.
And well should you be "disgusted" with their "shown" idea.

well done... self defeating tactics are my favorite.

waitasec

Veteran Member
Waitasec, "This" is just unspecified.

But, You had quoted and :facepalm:enlarged "All" from my comment---and It was in regards to "your existence".

Could I be wrong that as you are today, you do not have any options...you are incapable to make decisions??? Is that the implication of the "image"??

here's another one for you

waitasec

Veteran Member
Don't be daft! That excuse doesn't absolve one from responsibility.
"spiritually"it does...through faith no less...and isn't that what really matters?
the unforgivabe sin is...get this....kufr (non belief) :facepalm:
Perpetrators of evil will have to answer for their deeds, whatever their professed creed

really? i'm glad you're here to explain that to me...i had no idea :sarcastic
like i said religion is another excuse for bad behavior.

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
"spiritually"it does...through faith no less

Evil deeds are not sanctioned by God or religion .. unless you refer to war, and then there are 'moral rules' ..
'crashing into buildings' full of cilivilians is not part of them..

Don't confuse religion with the confusion of the modern era .. the era of aerial bombing .. nuclear warheads .. economic collapse etc.
Clearly, war often 'crosses the line' , religion or no religion!

the unforgivabe sin is...get this....kufr (non belief) :facepalm:

Correct .. the same as orthodox Christianity .. why?
The path of righteousness leads to the gardens of paradise (forgiveness), whereas denial/disbelief leads in an opposite direction

waitasec

Veteran Member
Evil deeds are not sanctioned by God

yet evil acts are done in it's name BECAUSE it's a subjective belief.

Correct .. the same as orthodox Christianity .. why?
The path of righteousness leads to the gardens of paradise (forgiveness), whereas denial/disbelief leads in an opposite direction
righteousness does not require belief, it's this undue sense of importance that the religious have which in turn gives them the license to act badly in the name of their god BECAUSE religious belief is subjective.

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
righteousness does not require belief..

Yes it does! Anybody can define what is righteous and what isn't .. Scripture provides us with an unbiased framework, which whether you wish to follow or not, is not the opinion of an individual person.

In any case, if you consider what is acceptable in society generally as righteous, your definition varies wildly from century to century

waitasec

Veteran Member
Yes it does! Anybody can define what is righteous and what isn't ..
right, so it doesn't require belief.

Scripture provides us with an unbiased framework, which whether you wish to follow or not, is not the opinion of an individual person.
of course it's biased...dogma is biased....

In any case, if you consider what is acceptable in society generally as righteous, your definition varies wildly from century to century

just as it was righteous to own slaves
just as it was righteous to stone a girl to death if she didn't bleed on her wedding night...
just as it was righteous to raid neighboring villages...

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
Yes it does! Anybody can define what is righteous and what isn't .. Scripture provides us with an unbiased framework,

which whether you wish to follow or not, is not the opinion of an individual person.

:facepalm::facepalm:

Hence why righteousness is more a matter of opinion than anything else

From dictionary.com
"morally justifiable or right, esp from one's own point of view"

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
From dictionary.com
"morally justifiable or right, esp from one's own point of view"

Fine!
Those that judge by other than what Almighty God has revealed are not "treading the same path" as those that do..

Whether you consider the morality in Scripture as righteous or not, doesn't change that fact!

waitasec

Veteran Member
Fine!
Those that judge by other than what Almighty God has revealed are not "treading the same path" as those that do..
and how exactly does god reveal judgement....
is it not through subjective understanding

basically it's about this state of mind...
"i'm on the higher ground because i have god on my side"

Whether you consider the morality in Scripture as righteous or not, doesn't change that fact!
what fact, that it's all subjective....?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
and how exactly does god reveal judgement....
is it not through subjective understanding

At the soon coming 'time of separation' mentioned at Matthew [25vs31,32,40]
the basis for judgment is based on how people treat Jesus 'brothers' [verse 40]
Jesus 'spiritual brothers' that are alive on earth at that separating time.
The humble sheep-like people are judged with favor.