• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How did the first living thing on earth come to life?

love

tri-polar optimist
science: the study of the physical nature of the existing universe.
life: the energy that exists in all of the physical universe (even inanimate objects).
God: the source of the energy that governs the universe.
spirit: a presence outside the physical universe that cannot be explained by science.
faith: to look past the physical and believe in what cannot be seen.
revelation: to know that all things physical had a begining and will pass but the spirit is forever.
wisdom of man: mostly foolishness

Flappycat

Matter actually is a form of energy. It is considered a type of "bound energy" in this form. Look this up, too.

love

tri-polar optimist
Everything in the physical universe has energy ("life") even rocks whose life can be seen only with the electron microscope.

Flappycat

love said:
Everything in the physical universe has energy ("life") even rocks whose life can be seen only with the electron microscope.
You're missing the point. It actually is energy. This should be simple to understand. Matter and energy are not as distinct from one another as was once thought. It just goes to show you, every time we get it into our heads that we have the universe figured out, it shows itself to be immensely weirder the next day. More topically, the same goes for evolution. At any given time, the scientists are working with badly incomplete data.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Paraprakrti said:
The first being did not come to life. Life came to it.

Short and sweet!

BTW, your new avatar looks like my dad when he was young. Heh heh heh.

Flappycat

Paraprakrti said:
The first being did not come to life. Life came to it.
Once again, show something of how you come to this conclusion. You seem to take enjoyment in authoritatively repeating it, but there doesn't seem to be any amount of thinking behind the statement. To me, this looks incredibly shabby.

XAAX

comprehend said:
I don't really want to debate this but don't know where to put it. I would like to know what evolutionists believe happened because I haven't heard a coherent explanation yet.

According to evolution, at one time after the earth formed, there was no life whatever to be found. It was all a primordeal soup of elements that were boiling hot, etc etc. Then if I understand correctly, some elements randomly formed themselves in the proper order, lightning struck and viola - we have our first living cell/virus whatever.

My question is this, what is the theory of how the first living thing CAME TO LIFE? We are easily able to assemble elements into whatever fashion we choose in a lab but cannot make non-living material come to life right? Why can it not be replicated, it should be simple for us to assemble a cell into the proper configuration and bring it to life, right (now lets be honest, taking a formerly living cell and transferring a new nucleus aint the same thing)? Isn't this teaching spontaneous generation?

Evolution doesn't really hang it's hat on the Bubble Theory do they? Can someone please tell me how it started?

WOW...Is this all you know about the evolution of the Universe...Comprehend, there is life throughout the universe...We are all made of star stuff...You don't understand that...This planet is nothing unusual in the Universe. Anywhere there is water through out the Universe there is more than likely life. If you say that we are the only known place, then you don't know much about our solar system, much less the Universe.

What is the concept of creating living organisms out of nothing? What the hell does that have to do with the theory of evolution. Did anyone say that humans created the Universe. Living energy is everywhere. It changes from one form to another. It's not something that can be created or destroyed...For example, when a star explodes, the energy of that stars energy doesn't cease to exist. Instead it is sent in all directions out into space. Becoming the fuel for life, new stars, etc...

Paraprakrti

Custom User
Flappycat said:
Once again, show something of how you come to this conclusion. You seem to take enjoyment in authoritatively repeating it, but there doesn't seem to be any amount of thinking behind the statement. To me, this looks incredibly shabby.

In other words, rather than the premise that life is produced at some mature stage of material development, I am saying that living entities exist and take shelter of such material developments. I have come to this conclusion based on what I have observed of myself as observer in reference to a seemingly, comparatively inferior set of material senses. I did this rather than postulating that life has, or can even be shown to have, a material origin.

Flappycat

Paraprakrti said:
In other words, rather than the premise that life is produced at some mature stage of material development, I am saying that living entities exist and take shelter of such material developments. I have come to this conclusion based on what I have observed of myself as observer in reference to a seemingly, comparatively inferior set of material senses. I did this rather than postulating that life has, or can even be shown to have, a material origin.
Sorry, but it still strikes me as cheap pop philosophy.