• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How hard is it to watch people heading for hell

A

angellous_evangellous

You crack me up Misty, why on earth would I even worry about law enforcement when there are huge flying locust everywhere? If there was an apocalypse, I believe law enforcement would be too overwhelmed to even show up for work. :sorry1:

I watched a really good documentary about a zombie apocalypse in the U.K., and the survivors deeply regretted the U.K. gun culture.

Wotan

As a Christian it is very hard to watch people headed to hell. I want to grab them and shake them and tell them to wake up, you don't have to go there. That is one of the toughest things about being a Christian. I consider how C.S. Lewis had to do it, how Billy Graham has to do it, how John Wesley had to do it. That keeps me moving, keeps me knocking on doors, keeps me asking, prodding, urging, teaching, instructing, preaching, helping, giving, visiting. Within the first 5 minutes of meeting someone I can usually tell if they are headed to hell and I think to myself, what is the point of living for the devil?

I got a solution for ya MoF.:D

Don't watch!

BYOR - mine your religion and let others do the same.

Some reason you can't do that?:confused:

A

angellous_evangellous

I remember my second-grade teacher telling us that if you shoot somebody as he's climbing through your window, and he falls outside, you should always drag him inside before you call the cops.

That's what I was taught, too.

I just don't see how a person would fall forward when they are shot with a home defense issue Mossberg or a Rutger .45 (or both). :D

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
As a Christian it is very hard to watch people headed to hell. I want to grab them and shake them and tell them to wake up, you don't have to go there. That is one of the toughest things about being a Christian. I consider how C.S. Lewis had to do it, how Billy Graham has to do it, how John Wesley had to do it. That keeps me moving, keeps me knocking on doors, keeps me asking, prodding, urging, teaching, instructing, preaching, helping, giving, visiting. Within the first 5 minutes of meeting someone I can usually tell if they are headed to hell and I think to myself, what is the point of living for the devil?
I just want to say I have a great deal of sympathy for your plight. I can only imagine how terrible it is to actually believe these things. I don’t think I would be able to sleep at night. I don’t think I would be able to eat either. I think I would just break down in cry every time I saw somebody. I get the shakes just thinking about the idea that someone would suffer eternal torment, but to actually believe it! That is an amazingly horrific belief system you have there.

I consider myself extremely lucky that I don’t believe what you believe and I am truly sorry for all the suffering that your beliefs must cause you. But it is a completely self-imposed suffering.

Misty

fantôme profane;2124740 said:
I just want to say I have a great deal of sympathy for your plight. I can only imagine how terrible it is to actually believe these things. I don’t think I would be able to sleep at night. I don’t think I would be able to eat either. I think I would just break down in cry every time I saw somebody. I get the shakes just thinking about the idea that someone would suffer eternal torment, but to actually believe it! That is an amazingly horrific belief system you have there.

I consider myself extremely lucky that I don’t believe what you believe and I am truly sorry for all the suffering that your beliefs must cause you. But it is a completely self-imposed suffering.

I agree, when I believed MofF's version of faith as a kid, it gave me terrible nightmares. I am so glad I am now an unbeliever.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
OMGA... Angellous and you others... you are making me glad I live in New Hampshire! While we are as pro-gun as you folks, we seem a lot more sane about ownership and use.

We at least post warnings on our property lines. (and are more prone to rock-salt in our shotgun shells than slugs)

wa:do

Misty

Trepass in itself isn't a crime in the UK, only if damage is done during the trepass. I cannot imagine the rationale behind shooting a mere trespasser.

Wotan

Here.

Something that actually IS good music.

BTW, for those who may not know this a lament about god's good grace by a devout catholic women.
Who is about to commit murder. To be followed shortly by suicide.

I lived for art. I lived for love.
Never did I harm a living creature!
Whatever misfortunes I encountered,
I sought with secret hand to succor.
Ever pure in faith
My prayers rose
In the holy chapels
Ever in pure faith
I brought flowers to the alters.
In this hour of pain,
Why, why, o Lord dost thou repay me thus?
Jewels I brought
For Madonna’s mantle,
And songs for the stars in heaven
That they shone forth with greater radiance.
In this hour of distress
Why, why, o Lord why dost thou repay me thus?

_OIExoUb8jk

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
[youtube]zKCdQFFomJo[/youtube]
YouTube - White Sky

How's this for a song. :D

This was the favorite song of one of the elders I started my walk by talking with... I'm sure she still enjoys it wherever it is she is now and I make sure to sing it for her from time to time. :cool:

wa:do

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
[SIZE=+2]This World[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Notes: words and music by Malvina Reynolds; copyright 1961 Schroder Music Company, renewed 1989. a.k.a. "Love It Like a Fool."[/SIZE]

Baby, I ain't afraid to die,
It's just that I hate to say good-bye to this world,
This world, this world.

This old world is mean and cruel,
But still I love it like a fool, this world,
This world, this world.

I'd rather go to the corner store
Than sing hosannah on that golden shore,
I'd rather live on Parker Street
Than fly around where the angels meet.
Oh, this old world is all I know,
It's dust to dust when I have to go from this world,