• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How is it true "Jesus is God"?

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
That's a future prophecy when he comes back.....
Here are some past things for you that happened:

Jesus is worshiped

Matthew 2:2 - "Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we saw His star in the east, and have come to worship Him."

Matthew 2:11 - "And they came into the house and saw the Child with Mary His mother; and they fell down and worshiped Him; and opening their treasures they presented to Him gifts of gold and frankincense and myrrh."

Matthew 14:33 - "And those who were in the boat worshiped Him, saying, "You are certainly God’s Son!"

Matthew 28:9 - "And behold, Jesus met them and greeted them. And they came up and took hold of His feet and worshiped Him."

John 9:35-38 - "Jesus heard that they had put him out; and finding him, He said, "Do you believe in the Son of Man?" 36 He answered and said, "And who is He, Lord, that I may believe in Him?" 37 Jesus said to him, "You have both seen Him, and He is the one who is talking with you." 38 And he said, "Lord, I believe." And he worshiped Him."

Hebrews 1:6 - "And when He again brings the first-born into the world, He says, 'And let all the angels of God worship Him.'"

Luke 17:16 He threw himself at Jesus' feet and thanked him--and he was a Samaritan.

moorea944

Here are some past things for you that happened:

Jesus is worshiped

Matthew 2:2 - "Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we saw His star in the east, and have come to worship Him."

Matthew 2:11 - "And they came into the house and saw the Child with Mary His mother; and they fell down and worshiped Him; and opening their treasures they presented to Him gifts of gold and frankincense and myrrh."

Matthew 14:33 - "And those who were in the boat worshiped Him, saying, "You are certainly God’s Son!"

Matthew 28:9 - "And behold, Jesus met them and greeted them. And they came up and took hold of His feet and worshiped Him."

John 9:35-38 - "Jesus heard that they had put him out; and finding him, He said, "Do you believe in the Son of Man?" 36 He answered and said, "And who is He, Lord, that I may believe in Him?" 37 Jesus said to him, "You have both seen Him, and He is the one who is talking with you." 38 And he said, "Lord, I believe." And he worshiped Him."

Hebrews 1:6 - "And when He again brings the first-born into the world, He says, 'And let all the angels of God worship Him.'"

Luke 17:16 He threw himself at Jesus' feet and thanked him--and he was a Samaritan.
Yes, but they dont worship him as God.

outhouse

Atheistically

Yes

Is that El? or Yahweh ? El was the father first.

History of ancient Israel and Judah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Its major deities were not numerous – El, Asherah, and Yahweh, with Baal as a fourth god, and perhaps Shamash (the sun) in the early period.[79] By the time of the early Hebrew kings, El and Yahweh had become fused and Asherah did not continue as a separate state cult

Yahweh, later the national god of both Israel and Judah

Do you have living faith in Jesus Christ...faith with obedience?

outhouse

Atheistically
Do you have living faith in Jesus Christ...faith with obedience?

I have faith he was a Aramaic Galilean teaching very primitive form of mythology. Nothing more.

But I see you did not answer which of the two gods you call father, El or Yahweh?

Yes

I have faith he was a Aramaic Galilean teaching very primitive form of mythology. Nothing more.

But I see you did not answer which of the two gods you call father, El or Yahweh?

Since you have admitted that you do not obey Jesus---the Word of God says you are a liar for speaking for Him as if you know Him.

1 John 2:4 Whoever says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person.

outhouse

Atheistically
Since you have admitted that you do not obey Jesus---

Being we have no real idea on what Jesus really said, how can I obey him, he never wrote a word in any book.

Only unknown authors wrote all of the NT less Paul. And he did not know Jesus.

So that makes it impossible for me to obey him.

the Word of God says you are a liar for speaking for Him as if you know Him.

I was talking about how the concept factually evolved, and you refused to answer a good honest question I asked you.

Your statement is against forum rules. I have not lied, and even if I did, you are not allowed to make statements like that.

Yes

Being we have no real idea on what Jesus really said, how can I obey him, he never wrote a word in any book.

Only unknown authors wrote all of the NT less Paul. And he did not know Jesus.

So that makes it impossible for me to obey him.

You do not obey what the Holy Bible says Jesus says.

Therefore, you do not know God *edit*.

If you want knowledge, then do what Jesus says in the Holy Bible.

I was talking about how the concept factually evolved, and you refused to answer a good honest question I asked you.

Your statement is against forum rules. I have not lied, and even if I did, you are not allowed to make statements like that.

I showed you what GOD from the HOLY BIBLE SAYS.

YOU spoke AGAINST JESUS and the Holy Bible.

You want to speak about Jesus and the Holy Bible, but you don't want me to tell you what the Holy Bible says about YOU .

Last edited by a moderator:

outhouse

Atheistically
Therefore, you do not know God and are a liar.

I have studied the Abrahamic deities in detail.

It might be time for you to learn you do not have the market on biblical interpretation, and you have opinion only.

Why do you think your opinion is so credible that you can break forum rules calling names to people?

Stop giving your worthless opinions about Jesus Christ.

What makes you so credible? your insults and calling names makes you credible?

I have studied Jesus at two different universities, two of the best as a matter of fact by very qualified professors.

Where have you studied ?

If you want knowledge, then do what Jesus says in the Holy Bible.

Jesus has said nothing in the bible. Only unknown authors wrote what they believed he stated.

YOU spoke AGAINST JESUS and the Holy Bible.

No sir. You stated I did, because you may not understand the context of my statements.

I like Jesus and have a passion for all things biblical.

So are you a literalist who thinks every word in the NT and OT is literally true?

Despite all the contradictions and historical and geographical errors?

You think all of the bible is devoid of mythology?

outhouse

Atheistically
This below is a credible source, and it is not up for debate by anyone with credibility.

Its major deities were not numerous – El, Asherah, and Yahweh, with Baal as a fourth god, and perhaps Shamash (the sun) in the early period.[79] By the time of the early Hebrew kings, El and Yahweh had become fused and Asherah did not continue as a separate state cult

So I asked you, who is the Father. El? or Yahweh?

Yes

This below is a credible source, and it is not up for debate by anyone with credibility.

The Holy Bible says you are a liar. I do not let liars teach me about God.

You say the Bible is a lie, but the Bible says you are the liar.

I believe the Bible and not you.

Yes

I have studied the Abrahamic deities in detail.

It might be time for you to learn you do not have the market on biblical interpretation, and you have opinion only.
It does not matter how much studying you do. God's Truth isn't given to those who study at Universities. God's Truth is given to those who obey. God hid the truth from the wise and learned.

Why do you think your opinion is so credible that you can break forum rules calling names to people?
You can say the Holy Bible and all Christians are lying, but you do not want me to tell you what the Bible you are judging says about you.

What makes you so credible? your insults and calling names makes you credible?

I am telling you what the Word of God says.

I have studied Jesus at two different universities, two of the best as a matter of fact by very qualified professors.

God revealed the truth to little children, and God hid the truth from the wise and learned.

Luke 10:21 At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.

The world’s wisdom is foolishness to God (Matthew 11:25; Luke 10:21; 1 Corinthians 1:7, 19-21, 25-27; 2:1, 4-7, 13; 3:18,19; 2 Corinthians 1:2; Ephesians 1:8, 17; Colossians 1:9; 2:3; James 1:5; 2 Peter 3:15).

Go ahead and look up what God has to say about you, your professors, and universities. Maybe you can report God and the Holy Bible as forbidden topics in this religious debate site.

Where have you studied ?

I studied from Jesus Christ.

Jesus has said nothing in the bible. Only unknown authors wrote what they believed he stated.

The Bible is the written Word of God. If you do not believe that, then how do you ever think that you studied Jesus, as you just stated. You speak hypocritical nonsense.

No sir. You stated I did, because you may not understand the context of my statements.

I like Jesus and have a passion for all things biblical.

So are you a literalist who thinks every word in the NT and OT is literally true?

Despite all the contradictions and historical and geographical errors?

You think all of the bible is devoid of mythology?

As I told you before, I do not let liars try to teach me about God and the Bible.

outhouse

Atheistically
I believe the Bible and not you.

Don't believe me, I could care less. But this below is not up for debate and accepted.

Do you denounce the science behind the facts of evolution to? while denouncing credible education and knowledge?

Why do you ignore so many questions I ask?

Are you only here to proselytize your religion?

This below is a credible source, and it is not up for debate.

Is that El? or Yahweh ?

Last edited: