• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How is it true "Jesus is God"?

outhouse

Atheistically
The Bible is the written Word of God

Many would claim you are insulting god, because god would not have made so many contradictions, and historical and scientific errors.

Yet it would be normal for people to make honest mistakes.

Example. Did baby Jesus go to Egypt? Lukes author says no he did not. Matthews author says yes he did.

Did your god make a contradictions like this?

Why could he not make it clear if it was really god?

Doesn't this look like a honest human error that never knew or met Jesus?

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
Don't believe me, I could care less. But this below is not up for debate and accepted.

Do you denounce the science behind the facts of evolution to while denouncing credible education and knowledge?

Why do you ignore so many questions I ask?

Are you only here to proselytize your religion?

This below is a credible source, and it is not up for debate.

Is that El? or Yahweh ?

History of ancient Israel and Judah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Its major deities were not numerous – El, Asherah, and Yahweh, with Baal as a fourth god, and perhaps Shamash (the sun) in the early period.[79] By the time of the early Hebrew kings, El and Yahweh had become fused and Asherah did not continue as a separate state cult

Yahweh, later the national god of both Israel and Judah

So I asked you, who is the Father. El? or Yahweh?

Not interested.

Yes

Many would claim you are insulting god, because god would not have made so many contradictions, and historical and scientific errors.

Yet it would be normal for people to make honest mistakes.

Example. Did baby Jesus go to Egypt? Lukes author says no he did not. Matthews author says yes he did.

Did your god make a contradictions like this?

Why could he not make it clear if it was really god?

Doesn't this look like a honest human error that never knew or met Jesus?
Show were Luke says, "No, Jesus did not go to Egypt".

I have no interest in debating someone such as yourself.

outhouse

Atheistically
If Jesus is God, (and he is), then he is also the Father, for there is only One God, and He is the Father.

You may have a debating issue, brother Sojourner was only telling you the orthodox stance on the trinity concept.

And that states Jesus is not the Father, nor is he the Ghost.

God, is the Father, the Son, and the Ghost.

Do you understand where your in error yet?

Yes

You may have a debating issue, brother Sojourner was only telling you the orthodox stance on the trinity concept.

And that states Jesus is not the Father, nor is he the Ghost.

God, is the Father, the Son, and the Ghost.

Do you understand where your in error yet?

I know what the trinity doctrine says.

The trinity doctrine is not in the Bible, and it is a false doctrine.

outhouse

Atheistically
Show were Luke says, "No, Jesus did not go to Egypt".

Flight into Egypt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Historicity

The Gospel of Luke makes no mention of this event at all, relating instead that the Holy Family went to the Temple in Jerusalem, and then directly home to Nazareth

2:38 And she coming in that instant gave thanks likewise unto the Lord, and spake of him to all them that looked for redemption in Jerusalem.2:39 And when they had performed all things according to the law of the Lord, they returned into Galilee, to their own city Nazareth.

Returned home, not went to Egypt.

Yes

Flight into Egypt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Historicity

The Gospel of Luke makes no mention of this event at all, relating instead that the Holy Family went to the Temple in Jerusalem, and then directly home to Nazareth

2:38 And she coming in that instant gave thanks likewise unto the Lord, and spake of him to all them that looked for redemption in Jerusalem.2:39 And when they had performed all things according to the law of the Lord, they returned into Galilee, to their own city Nazareth.

Returned home, not went to Egypt.

You did not speak the truth.

YOU said Luke says Jesus never went to Egypt.

Be more careful about what you say the Bible says.

outhouse

Atheistically
YOU said Luke says Jesus never went to Egypt.

It states quite clearly that they did not go to Egypt, it states they went home.

It is not my fault you took me out of context being so literal.

The unknown author of Luke states "returned to Galilee"

The unknown author of Matthew states "went to Egypt"

Why the contradiction?

Would god make this contradiction?

Or does this look like people who do not know what really happened did the best they could in writing their theology?

To me there is more beauty in the truth.

Yes

It states quite clearly that they did not go to Egypt, it states they went home.

It is not my fault you took me out of context being so literal.

The unknown author of Luke states "returned to Galilee"

The unknown author of Matthew states "went to Egypt"

Why the contradiction?

Would god make this contradiction?

Or does this look like people who do not know what really happened did the best they could in writing their theology?

To me there is more beauty in the truth.

You said Luke said Jesus did not go to Egypt. You should be more careful what you say the Bible says.

I have no desire in debating what you call contradictions.

You do not know the truth. You go against the Holy Bible, and you go against the written Word of God.

BadDog

BadDog
What you may not be understanding is that the NT is a Greek Koine group of documents written by people in the Diaspora far removed from the events in Israel that took place.

Jesus and his inner circle were Aramaic Galileans who were probably all illiterate peasants, against Hellenism as the demands of Sepphoris and Tiberius were placed on these Aramaic peasants.

The NT authors were well educated Greek speaking residents with different amounts of Roman citizenship, which just about amounts to Jesus mortal enemies.
OutHouse,

Hope you had a good weekend. I am not ignorant of what many believe regarding the authorship of many of the NT MSS. However, many textual critics hold to a different authorship than you are claiming, just FYI. The actual author did not claim authorship of many, so we are doing our best in those cases. Put Paul was very careful about that in anything he wrote, and he wrote about 1/2 of the NT.

The apostle John was known by the Sanhedrin, and hence was likely not uneducated, despite being a fisherman. And Paul was educated by Gamaliel, who was an eminent rabbi mentioned not only in the NT, but in the Talmud as well (see Acts 5:24-40 and 22:3). Gamaliel was called Rabban - one of only seven teachers so called. He was perhaps the foremost rabbinic scholar of that time.

Luke was a physician who was apparently a native of the Hellenistic city of Antioch in Syria. As a physician he was likely not uneducated. The church in Jerusalem sent Barnabas to Antioch as Gentiles began to come to Christ there, and he immediately sought out Saul (later "Paul") for help. The early church fathers ascribed to him authorship of both Luke and Acts. Prominent figures in early Christianity such as Jerome and Eusebius later reaffirmed his authorship.

Now I see no reason why Peter would have been educated, except it was a few decades before he wrote any of the works attributed to him, and he could have sought training so he could more effectively work in the church. Barnabas was a Levite, and again hence educated.

Gotta go. :p

BD

Yes

What you may not be understanding is that the NT is a Greek Koine group of documents written by people in the Diaspora far removed from the events in Israel that took place.

Jesus and his inner circle were Aramaic Galileans who were probably all illiterate peasants, against Hellenism as the demands of Sepphoris and Tiberius were placed on these Aramaic peasants.

The NT authors were well educated Greek speaking residents with different amounts of Roman citizenship, which just about amounts to Jesus mortal enemies.
If you obeyed the teachings in the New Testament, you would know if they were from God or not.

Go get the teachings and do what they say, then come back and tell us you think.

All you have are writings from teachers of your choice and their worthless opinions about the Bible.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The two which have God's essence can't do anything but what The Father commands. So that makes The Father God Alone. God's Son and The Holy Spirit are aspects of God The Father. But all creation is also an attribute of God The Father so Jesus and The Holy Spirit are what dwells between The Father and everything else. But because THEY can't do anything but what the Father will do they are not GOD. Of course they are divine because they do not have their dwelling place in the physical universe but they are not God because they are not separate from us. God can do without us. The Son and The Holy Spirit are FOR us. I think they would not exist without us.

Yes

The two which have God's essence can't do anything but what The Father commands. So that makes The Father God Alone. God's Son and The Holy Spirit are aspects of God The Father. But all creation is also an attribute of God The Father so Jesus and The Holy Spirit are what dwells between The Father and everything else. But because THEY can't do anything but what the Father will do they are not GOD. Of course they are divine because they do not have their dwelling place in the physical universe but they are not God because they are not separate from us. God can do without us. The Son and The Holy Spirit are FOR us. I think they would not exist without us.

The Holy Spirit IS the Spirit of God.

The scriptures says Jesus IS the Spirit.

Read this scripture:

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

That scripture SAYS the Lord is the Spirit.

Jesus is the Spirit. Revelation 2:7, 8, 11, 17, 29; 3:6, 13, 22; 14:13; 22:17 all tell us Jesus is the Spirit.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Holy Spirit IS the Spirit of God.

The scriptures says Jesus IS the Spirit.

Read this scripture:

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

That scripture SAYS the Lord is the Spirit.

Jesus is the Spirit. Revelation 2:7, 8, 11, 17, 29; 3:6, 13, 22; 14:13; 22:17 all tell us Jesus is the Spirit.
OK. 2 Cor 3:17 The Lord one spirit is. That is correct.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There is only one Spirit.
No. Have you read the Bible?
1 John 4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.
1 Kings 22:22 Yahweh said to him, 'How?' He said, 'I will go out and will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.' He said, 'You will entice him, and will also prevail. Go out and do so.'