• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Many Scientists Fabricate and Falsify Research?

OmarKhayyam

lol. Oh dear.

I'll make you a deal. If you watch Richard Attinburgh's "The Life of Mammals", I'll watch Expelled. You'd better take notes, because there WILL be a quiz.

I predict he will decline. For no reason then he just doesn't CARE. His mind is made up. More accurately frozen in the distant past by myth. Evidence doesn't matter to him. Only faith.

And he has said as much elsewhere.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I admit, I know more about God than science, but is that a bad thing?
Yes. Because actually, you know nothing about God. God is not knowable.
Which one will help more when I die?
Who knows?
Every day I am learning more about God, science not so much, but I'm okay with that because that is my priority. Our revival is coming up in a couple weeks, I've go to go thourgh our churchs training in order to be prepared to lead those poor souls to faith and knowledge in the Lord Jesus Christ. I mean somebody has go to do it. We need scientists and we need those that are willing to do God's work.

So do you think science works, or not?

We definitely need scientists. Preachers, not so much.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
What if someone says "pray for me" and everyone is a scientist and they look at each other and all they can do is give them a pill?

Well, if I were sick, evidence shows that the right pill is more likely to help me than any prayer.

In any case, if the scientist is Christian, then I suppose she would pray for you.

Atreyu

The Devil herself
I am sure there are many Scientists who falsify information, however I just can't imagine that all of Charles Darwin's discoveries are false. Where do Dinasaurs fit in the creation theory?

Alceste

Vagabond
It looks interesting, but I'm sure I could find the flaws withing a few minutes. If I get the chance I will watch it.

Yes, if your definition of a "flaw" is a reality that does not conform to the creation stories in the Bible, I expect you'll start finding them within seconds no matter what non-Christian nature documentary you watch.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I didn't know it was a typo, or I wouldn't have done that. I saw something that was making a good argument for me and I went for it. It was analogous to finding a shiny nickle on the ground.

So I gather you're not interested in the truth, only in good arguments?

Man of Faith

Well, if I were sick, evidence shows that the right pill is more likely to help me than any prayer.

In any case, if the scientist is Christian, then I suppose she would pray for you.

What if someone needs prayer for something they are going through that a pill can't fix, except a knock out pill I guess. What if God could fix it?

Last edited:

Man of Faith

I am sure there are many Scientists who falsify information, however I just can't imagine that all of Charles Darwin's discoveries are false. Where do Dinasaurs fit in the creation theory?

Dinosaurs were created in week one with everything else, that's what the Bible says. All animals.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I scientifically verified that I posted a typo (by accident) in the OP and corrected it. See the typo and correction below. And I apologize to the scientific community and the scientists on this forum. Thank you.

Typo:
81% were “willing to select, omit or fabricate data to win a grant or publish a paper”

Correction:
15% were “willing to select, omit or fabricate data to win a grant or publish a paper”
Good for you, admission of error, excellent. You have not responded to the many questions posed to you. Such as why you thought this factoid would be an effective argument against one of the most solidly grounded and widely accepted theories in the history of science. Maybe you can lay out your reasoning for us.

Man of Faith

So I gather you're not interested in the truth, only in good arguments?

Here is the thing, I know the truth because I have lived it and I have seen the power of God save people. So sure if I see something that validates the truth as I know it, I want to make the argument for it.

Alceste

Vagabond
Dinosaurs were created in week one with everything else, that's what the Bible says. All animals.

And it does not bother you that all the empirical evidence humans have ever discovered, without any exceptions, indicates that the biblical story of Genesis is factually incorrect?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
What if someone needs prayer for something they are going through that a pill can't fix, except a knock out pill I guess. What if God could fix it?

Then the world would be quite different from this one. In any case, it's irrelevant to this thread, so can we get back on the subject.

Here's a challenge for you:
If you are willing to take the time to listen and learn, I will teach you what ToE is, how it works, and what the evidence is in its favor. It will take a big investment of time for both of us. I am willing if you are. I warn you, though, once you understand it, you are much more likely to accept it. Your alternative is to remain ignorant, and oppose a non-existent theory in which cats give birth to oranges. Which do you prefer?