• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How much does the Christian God really love us?

Debunker

In other words, if you were not impervious to rational argument you would agree with the article.

There is only this world, and no evidence of anything else. If there is spirituality to us (in our art, music, dance, etc.) it is also part of this world. It is based entirely in this world.

But your entire theology is based purely on fiction. And you accept it blindly. It is credulity that guides you, and nothing more.

If there was a shred of evidence for your claims of a spirit, of life not of this world, we could have a serious discussion. But all you're presenting is entirely fictional.

It "fails" to point it out because that is not real. There is no soul or spirit that is separate from the body. When the body dies, so does our consciousness. It ceases to exist.

Just like when a computer ceases to work. There is no computer soul. The computer's operating system is not going to heaven. It just ceases to function.

Yes. We have two opposite approaches. Mine is based on reality, reason, science, nature, and supported by all the evidence in the world. Yours is entirely fictional, and based on the imagination of bronze age, Middle Eastern peasants.

All you're providing is empty rhetoric. You're waging a psychological warfare. But you can only accept that theology on credulity. And that is the foundation of your religion - credulity. There's absolutely no evidence to support it.

Not only that, but there's also absolutely no reason to believe these claims. Christianity doesn't offer anything that would make it worth giving up your ability to reason and your senses. It only offers false hope for eternal life.

You just have to come to terms with the fact that one day you're going to die. False hope is not going to help here. The only thing you can do is live a meaningful and fruitful life in the meantime.

Natural Philosophy of Life offers a simple, elegant, and powerful alternative to religious dogma. This philosophy has a firm foundation in nature, science, and reason, and it is centered on the core values of honesty, generosity, equality, and freedom

everything that is, is evidence of God. You base everything on your pig philosophy. All true Christians reject your reasoning which is greatly flawed.

Debunker

People's subjective experience is not the same as evidence. A Muslim, or a Hindu, or a Christian can claim that their lives were transformed by their religion. That says nothing about the truth of their religion.

In fact, since people of all different religions can claim that their lives were transformed, this is evidence that such testimonials are utterly meaningless in determining the truth of these religions.

Natural Philosophy of Life offers a simple, elegant, and powerful alternative to religious dogma. This philosophy has a firm foundation in nature, science, and reason, and it is centered on the core values of honesty, generosity, equality, and freedom
Which is also true of your freakish humanism.

Debunker

I don't think this theory of yours (or of the bible) has any merit to it.

Just like you can have many friends, and many loved ones (parents, children, siblings), there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to have more than one partner.

It's just that it requires some skill to preserve friendly ties. But there's absolutely nothing fundamentally wrong with having multiple partners.

True only if you are a hedonist.

Enoughie

everything that is, is evidence of God. You base everything on your pig philosophy. All true Christians reject your reasoning which is greatly flawed.
What can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.

I can similarly say that everything that is, is evidence that there is no god. It is an equally baseless statement as yours is.

It is a shame that you rely on sophism and baseless personal attacks, to deflect criticism of your morally bankrupt religion. But that is the hypocrisy that I expect. Because you cannot defend your religion with anything other than sophism.

Natural Philosophy of Life offers a simple, elegant, and powerful alternative to religious dogma. This philosophy has a firm foundation in nature, science, and reason, and it is centered on the core values of honesty, generosity, equality, and

Last edited:

Debunker

It is precisely because I know a great deal about it that I reject it.

The New Testament is a full frontal assault on all that is dear to humanity (and to God, if it exists). From our ability to reason and properly understand the world we live in, to our ability to value life and have a meaningful and productive life, to having reasonable expectations from life (and not false hope of life after death).

The New Testament takes away all these immensely important aspects of our humanity, and replaces them with ignorance, credulity, and false hope.

You know very little about the Bible and the things you say prove this. You certainly know nothing about the theme of the Bible and I am beginning to think Look knows little too the way he bids you God speed.

Enoughie

More bull will not correct your errors.
More dishonesty on your part. The parade of hypocrisy continues. You could not refute my argument that the biblical god doesn't allow people to make an informed decision about life, so you employ empty rhetoric to hide your failure.

Natural Philosophy of Life offers a simple, elegant, and powerful alternative to religious dogma. This philosophy has a firm foundation in nature, science, and reason, and it is centered on the core values of honesty, generosity, equality, and

Debunker

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

Whosoever believe th, this means atheist do not have any chance at all at being saved.

Enoughie

It is because he is a hedonist. Sexual pleasure means everything to him.
You need to stop with your dishonest and baseless attacks. You understand very little of my philosophy, but you still make absolutely baseless assertions about it.

You need to stop lying!

Debunker

No. But I've seen the hypocrisy among some who have (and I'm not referring here to you, just to make this clear).

I've witnessed how a person who wholeheartedly accepted Jesus Christ, and became a Born Again, and spent a great deal of his time propagating the gospel of Jesus Christ, then disgraced himself in doing the same things that he criticized others for doing.

Yet, he still continued to believe that he transcended this "sinfulness" by being Born of the Spirit.

Self-delusion is a curious thing. Isn't it?

You do not have to be a Christian to be self righteous. I know a few atheist/agnostics that are that way, don't you? Therefore, don't believe any thing they say either.

Debunker

I have yet to see any advantage to being a member of your Club, so I'm not going to apply for a membership.

There is no area of life in which the members of your Club excel, except for self-delusion.

Your pig philosophy is so much better, right?

Enoughie

Your pig philosophy is so much better, right?
You cannot defend the moral bankruptcy of your religion, so you twist and misrepresent my philosophy.

If you cannot be an intellectually honest debater (and you've repeatedly demonstrated that you're not) then I see no reason to respect you or your dishonest and vile attacks.

Stop Lying!

Debunker

The claim that Christ is logos is an assertion that you must first prove with evidence. What can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.

I thought you said you could read. If you know nothing about logos, you know nothing about the Bible. If we have to prove the simplest statement in the Bible to you, you are without hope.

Debunker

The question was: how much does the christian god really love us? As is evident from what you wrote, the answer is not much!

I agree, that does apply to you, IMO.

Enoughie

I thought you said you could read. If you know nothing about logos, you know nothing about the Bible. If we have to prove the simplest statement in the Bible to you, you are without hope.
More empty rhetoric. No substantive argument or evidence.

Demonstrate that the biblical god is the god of the universe.

If you continue to employ empty rhetoric, sophism, or personal attacks, instead of demonstrating what you have to demonstrate, that would be the same as admitting that you cannot demonstrate the assertion that the biblical god is the god of the universe.

Debunker

The deception here is that you're implying here that a 4 year old actually knew what god is, even though you claim that no one can know what the 4 year old knows because he hasn't developed the vocabulary. When I was 4 I had no idea what god is. I learned about god only when I was around 6. This utterly refutes your deceptive assertion to the contrary.

You have no idea what God is now either.

Enoughie

You have no idea what God is now either.
Which proves that Jeremiah's prophesy was not fulfilled. Checkmate!

"...declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 34 And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me." (Jeremiah 31:33-34)

Last edited:

waitasec

Veteran Member
but isn't that what we're talking about?
how does one know their faith is the true faith...
just because one is born in the middle east or in china or in india doesn't mean one is practicing the right religion.
no one knows....do they.
and to think that one does is highly unlikely

There is good and bad in this world, but only the bad gets reported. it is highly likely you have done a compassionate deed like the Samaritan and thought nothing of it. were there is compassion there is also the true faith the two goes togeter

how does one know they are following the right faith

compassion has nothing to do with religious faith...nothing at all.
you can say there are more religious charities but this only because there are more religious people than not.
if god were all of the sudden proven a myth somehow, do you think people will stop being charitable or empathetic towards one another? i seriously doubt it.
do you think the people would all of a sudden start to kill one another and steal and lie and cheat... anymore than they are doing right now? i highly doubt it. i think, people would start to pull together in the absence of religious faith, because the illusion that god is on "our"side is no longer there.. because we are on our side.

"God is on our side" is making use of God to do harm.

9/11

It is obvious that you have been blinded by the hate that is in you. The only way to get rid of that hate is to forgive those who made you hate their evil character.

it's obvious you can't respond without an ad hominem or without an attack on someone's character...
your hostile remarks only show your insecurity ...

Debunker

I did not lose my objectivity, but you lost your credibility of your arguments being based on facts or reason. They are not. Your arguments are based on sophism, empty rhetoric, and baseless assumptions.

You cannot defend your religion through arguments that are based on evidence or reason because the foundation to your religion is entirely fictional.

I can easily refute your assertions in this post simply by this: I'm not a homosexual. I respect people who are homosexual, and who lead a homosexual lifestyle, because it is a harmless lifestyle.

On the other hand, your religion promotes bigotry and intolerance toward a harmless lifestyle, which makes your religion morally bankrupt.

Now that you lost all credibility as a sensible debater, I can say what motivates me and my philosophy. It is very simple:

I want to live in a better world; a world with more honesty, generosity, freedom, and equality. And with less
bigotry, intolerance, self-righteousness, ignorance, and hypocrisy. The latter are all qualities that your religion promotes.

I never had credibility with you and I do not need it. You have no reasoning that is not flawed and it eats at you that I have pointed out your faulty premises of reasoning. What else could you say except that you use good reasoning especially sense you have been exposed as a hedonist. You use hedonism as your base for reasoning and I use the ontological argument for my base of reasoning. We are forced to opposite ends and everybody must judge for themselves who is most correct. I vote for me.