• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Odd Is Putin's Russia?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
To begin with, Russia is Europe, so I said European media.
Generally people make a distinction between european media and russian media.
Due to the geopolitical differences and also, off course, the fact that freedom of press is not exactly high priority in russia, to say the least.

But hey, if you think that the "russian ministry of foreign affairs"'s youtube channel, with the comments turned off, is a good trustworthy, independent, unbiased source .... knock yourself out. lololol

Secondly... the Russophobic approach will provoke the European Union's self-destruction.

lol

And I will be there when that happens.

Masturbating?

Maybe your country will not even be part of the EU any more.

Haha, you crack me up

Because...well...there's gonna be a Bexit sooner or later.

Another wet dream of yours. Good luck with that

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Generally people make a distinction between european media and russian media.
Due to the geopolitical differences and also, off course, the fact that freedom of press is not exactly high priority in russia, to say the least.

lol

Masturbating?

Haha, you crack me up

Another wet dream of yours. Good luck with that
Offensive, as usual.

Last edited:

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
To begin with, Russia is Europe, so I said European media.
It's sort of Europe, but not generally included when people refer to "Europe" unless specified.
Secondly... the Russophobic approach will provoke the European Union's self-destruction.
And I will be there when that happens.

Maybe your country will not even be part of the EU any more. Because...well...there's gonna be a Bexit sooner or later.
I have no idea how being justifiably wary of Russia would somehow result in the EU's destruction. I'd love to hear the unhinged theory on that.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
It's sort of Europe, but not generally included when people refer to "Europe" unless specified.

I have no idea how being justifiably wary of Russia would somehow result in the EU's destruction. I'd love to hear the unhinged theory on that.
Because the birth of the European Union was a result of the fall of the Soviet Union, the German Unification and all the agreements of peace and cooperation between EU and Russia.
So, once all these agreements are broken, because of some impish cabal overseas, the EU will collapse too under the weight of protests and strikes. :)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
1) NATO didn't go on an "expansion drive". Ukraine wanted to join NATO. This only proves them right for wanting that.

2) The aggressive move was Russia instigating the war and then invading.
1. Ukraine got a war instead of NATO membership which has gone on for two and a half years.
2. Natural. They should have been careful.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Because the birth of the European Union was a result of the fall of the Soviet Union, the German Unification and all the agreements of peace and cooperation between EU and Russia.
So, once all these agreements are broken, because of some impish cabal overseas, the EU will collapse too under the weight of protests and strikes. :)
Rewriting history a bit, are we?

The EU project goes back to 1948 with gradual enlargement upto the present.
The treaty of Maastricht formalized the name of the European Union, even though it was already informally called thusly for quite some time by then.
This indeed followed the collapse the Soviet Union, but primarily the unification of east and west germany, as west germany was already part of the european union (then called the western union) in 1948.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
1. Ukraine got a war instead of NATO membership which has gone on for two and a half years.

Yes, which shows they were right to want to join NATO :shrug:
The same is true for most countries in that region that want to join NATO.
They want to join because it provides them with protection from a certain warmongering neighbor.

:facepalm:

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I can only assume this was meant to explain your point in a way that made it clearer. Unfortunately, it's done the opposite. There is no "impish cabal overseas". The EU was not a result of the fall of the USSR. There are no agreements being broken.

And none of this even mentions the justifiable wariness of Russia as a cause.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I'm not sure why you think that's a response to what I said. The point is that NATO didn't go on an "expansion drive". Ukraine wanted to join NATO precisely because of that war you mentioned (invasion actually).

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Yeah, a country should not disregard the concerns of a more powerful neighboring country.
You say "concerns", but the reality is "warmongering ambitions".
Them trying to join NATO is exactly the opposite of "disregarding" Russia.

I don't understand how people feel like the best course of action for someone is to allow themselves to be oppressed by bullies.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Yes, which shows they were right to want to join NATO :shrug:
The same is true for most countries in that region that want to join NATO.
They want to join because it provides them with protection from a certain warmongering neighbor.

:facepalm:
This is the part I find it funny that all the Russia defenders are ignoring.
Ukraine: We want to join NATO because we're worried about Russian aggression.
Russia: That's provocation! We're going to invade you!
Ukraine: *Waves hands toward Russia* See?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
This is the part I find it funny that all the Russia defenders are ignoring.
Ukraine: We want to join NATO because we're worried about Russian aggression.
Russia: That's provocation! We're going to invade you!
Ukraine: *Waves hands toward Russia* See?
Exactly.............

And as I've explained multiple times already in threads such as this one....
The only people who are "concerned" that a third party joins a defensive alliance, are people who want to have the freedom to attack that third party without pushback.

If everybody in my street joins up in an alliance saying "if someone breaks into the home of a member, all of us will instantly come to that member's aid and break the burgler's face in half". Why on earth would that concern or worry me, UNLESS I plan on breaking into the houses of the people who are joining that alliance?

If such an alliance gets me triggered, then it just goes to show that all those people are RIGHT in joining up in such an alliance and that their worries are very much rooted in reality.

If I have no plans, ambitions, motivations, etc to break into these people's homes, why on earth would I be bothered with such an alliance?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
You say "concerns", but the reality is "warmongering ambitions".
Them trying to join NATO is exactly the opposite of "disregarding" Russia.

I don't understand how people feel like the best course of action for someone is to allow themselves to be oppressed by bullies.
You sound like Verhofstadt...sometimes.
How can I know you're not him? ;)