• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Odd Is Putin's Russia?

Eddi

Believer in God
Premium Member
I just think that those who want Russia to be defeated, should go to fight in the steppe themselves.
Instead of expecting Ukrainian soldiers to die, just to satisfy the greed and the money-hunger of the banking élites overseas.
What on Earth are you on about, Moscow Felino?

This whole mess is Putin's war

He literally invaded Ukraine, having been at peace with it

Keep on lying for Putin!

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Not an answer.

It may not be the answer you wanted to hear.

Not clear what you're alluding to.

It means that I never said anything about anyone wanting to conquer Russia.

This isn't justifying Russia's seeming paranoia.
The better explanation is that it's feigned in order
to justify invasions. And many are buying its
plausibility. It appears that you do.

I'm just looking at the overall situation and gauging their possible reaction based on history and what I know about the current situation. I think it's a far better explanation than the current Western position of "Putin = Satan." What's a more plausible explanation? That Russia could have rational (albeit amoral) geopolitical reasons for doing what they do, or that they're being led by an evil spirit from the Underworld? It appears that you believe the latter.

Eddi

Believer in God
Premium Member
Call me like that from now on.
Will do
We should do anything to terminate this war.
Agreed
As NATO did in Serbia. Kosovo war
So what??????? Does that grant Russia some kind of license??????

Also, NATO intervened to prevent ethnic clensing and did not hold onto any territory

The two situations are not analogous
Truth, it's truth.
Keep on telling yourself that, perhaps at some point it will become true by force of magic and the strength of your will

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It may not be the answer you wanted to hear.
That's because I wanted an answer.
It means that I never said anything about anyone wanting to conquer Russia.

I'm just looking at the overall situation and gauging their possible reaction based on history and what I know about the current situation. I think it's a far better explanation than the current Western position of "Putin = Satan." What's a more plausible explanation? That Russia could have rational (albeit amoral) geopolitical reasons for doing what they do, or that they're being led by an evil spirit from the Underworld? It appears that you believe the latter.
Goodness gracious....you sure do quickly descend
into claims of "Satan" & "Underworld".

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
There was no need for NATO to go on an expansion drive. It is a definite aggressive move.
1) NATO didn't go on an "expansion drive". Ukraine wanted to join NATO. This only proves them right for wanting that.

2) The aggressive move was Russia instigating the war and then invading.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Yes, significantly so. The whole point of NATO not being directly involved is to not escalate things (and that Ukraine isn't part of NATO). If NATO was directly involved and fighting Russia, the invasion likely wouldn't have lasted long, and Russia would have been defeated after maybe a few months.

My guestimate would rather be "after a few weeks", if not days.

Russian military really is no match for NATO or US armies.
Very poor training and far too much corruption within the military apparatus. Plenty of the funding for the military disappears in the pockets of the chain of command and never finds its way towards proper training facilities or weapon maintenance.

They have numbers, but that doesn't make them a match to the highly trained, highly professional and armed to the teeth with state of the art weaponry of NATO personnel.

In a ground war with boots on the ground, the Russian army would be completely obliterated very fast.

The biggest challenge to fighting Russia is that the Kremlin doesn't give a hoot about the lives of their soldiers. They'd happily spray the front line with napalm or alike, burning both enemies as well as their own soldiers. And the biggest threat, off course, is that they would go nuclear.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
For the Americanos who live under a glass dome, listening to Faux News and Certainly Not News,
Listen to some European media for once.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
My guestimate would rather be "after a few weeks", if not days.

Russian military really is no match for NATO or US armies.
Very poor training and far too much corruption within the military apparatus. Plenty of the funding for the military disappears in the pockets of the chain of command and never finds its way towards proper training facilities or weapon maintenance.

They have numbers, but that doesn't make them a match to the highly trained, highly professional and armed to the teeth with state of the art weaponry of NATO personnel.

In a ground war with boots on the ground, the Russian army would be completely obliterated very fast.

The biggest challenge to fighting Russia is that the Kremlin doesn't give a hoot about the lives of their soldiers. They'd happily spray the front line with napalm or alike, burning both enemies as well as their own soldiers. And the biggest threat, off course, is that they would go nuclear.
Without taking into account all those NATO countries who may switch sides...of course.
;)

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
To answer the question: what's a more plausible explanation:

Putin is a power-hungry dictator who murders political rivals and still wants to have some semblance of the USSR, even if it's just exerting partial control over certain key countries like Ukraine. He saw an opportunity to push boundaries, literally and figuratively, and so he instigated a conflict in part of Ukraine that then gave him the pretext for a full invasion.

See? Nothing about Satan or evil spirits or the underworld. Notice how when you take away all of your histrionics, you're left with a fact-based narrative based on history and the current situation.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
For the Americanos who live under a glass dome, listening to Faux News and Certainly Not News,
Listen to some European media for once.

I'm not interested at all in what lying Russian propagandist politicians have to say.
They have lost any and all credibility and can not be trusted.

Additionally, "european media"??? HAHAHAHAHA

Here's the channel of the video:

1721897406518.png

And off course, as every good propaganda channel that doesn't allow any dissenting voice does:

1721897485879.png

:facepalm:

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I'm not interested at all in what lying Russian propagandist politicians have to say.
They have lost any and all credibility and can not be trusted.

Additionally, "european media"??? HAHAHAHAHA

Here's the channel of the video:

View attachment 94681

And off course, as every good propaganda channel that doesn't allow any dissenting voice does:

View attachment 94682

:facepalm:
Whereas the Sorosian media from the EU is the gospel...I presume. The absolute truth.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I have no idea what you are talking about.

But as usual you completely ignored what was actually said and pointed out.
To begin with, Russia is Europe, so I said European media.
Secondly... the Russophobic approach will provoke the European Union's self-destruction.
And I will be there when that happens.

Maybe your country will not even be part of the EU any more. Because...well...there's gonna be a Bexit sooner or later.