• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How The Democrats Will Still Lose

PureX

Veteran Member
For the same reason that I responded to @PureX's OP -- the America that wants to "take care of its own" before dealing with "the problems of others" is, in doing so, forgetting that those "others" are right there among you, they are part of the America with the problems.

And on that score, Biden is correct -- there's nothing you can't solve if you work at it together. But the corollary is there's nothing that you can't screw up if you try to have some of you win at the expense of others.
I agree with all of that. But it’s not how people think in the land of capitalist greed, stupidity and selfishness. The more ruthless the economy becomes, the more it drives an “every man for himself” culture. Because capitalism has everyone competing with everyone else for everything.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Simple.
Democrats support the following

-Wage increases
-Lower worker taxes
-Longer breaks
-Shorter hours
-Health care coverage
-Unions
-Paid time off

Republicans are against these policies. The hispanic/black voters who switched sides don't understand the policy differences.
They're influenced by social media.
Not all of these are welcomed by the working class. Some only with boundaries.

If you want it simple and to the point, they want to be treated FAIR.

Fair wages (no minimum wage increases that diminish the merit raises of dedicated employees)

Fair taxes (cut those loopholes and deductions that are only known how to be fully utilized by CPAs that wirking stiffs don't have)

Fair breaks (if those salaried managers can take two hour lunches without monetary deductions, then the line workers should be able, too, as well, and if a line worker is asked to bypass their break due to a production issue -- it should be compensated and voluntary)

Fair hours (If overtime is a standard, it should be clear in the hiring process and fairly paid)

Fair health care options (not everyone needs certain coverages, so the plan options should be set up for personal tailoring)

Fair treatment without constant fighting (In all fairness to the worker, Unions should not be necessary)

Fair time earnings for PTOs & VAC (time earnings for dedicated workers should shadow management)

We Never Know

No Slack
Simple.
Democrats support the following

-Wage increases
-Lower worker taxes
-Longer breaks
-Shorter hours
-Health care coverage
-Unions
-Paid time off

Republicans are against these policies. The hispanic/black voters who switched sides don't understand the policy differences.
They're influenced by social media.
How many, if any of those things they support were used as promises in the 2020 campaign and what have they done to them since?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I agree with all of that. But it’s not how people think in the land of capitalist greed, stupidity and selfishness. The more ruthless the economy becomes, the more it drives an “every man for himself” culture. Because capitalism has everyone competing with everyone else for everything.
That's why other capitalist nations (mine is one) have more regulations around how corporations must do business -- regulations that reflect the interests of the communities within which they do business. But ever since Reagan, "regulations" has become a dirty word in the U.S., when in fact, they exist only to protect the broader interests of everyone, not just wealthy business owners.

Pogo

How many, if any of those things they support were used as promises in the 2020 campaign and what have they done to them since?
Yes we know you like to play the equivocation game, so here is your opening. Don't worry we don't expect any evidence.

WE’VE DELIVERED ON OUR PROMISES​

THE AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN​

Just six weeks into his presidency, Joe Biden signed the American Rescue Plan to jumpstart our economy and change the course of the pandemic. The American Rescue Plan funded our national vaccination campaign and helped safely reopen America’s schools.

THE BIPARTISAN INFRASTRUCTURE LAW​

President Biden worked across the aisle to deliver what decades of presidents promised and failed to do: rebuild our nation’s roads and bridges, upgrade our public transit, clean up pollution, and provide high-speed internet to every American.
Joe Biden giving speech

CONFIRMATION OF JUSTICE KETANJI BROWN JACKSON​

President Biden appointed Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson, the first Black woman to ever serve on the Supreme Court. She is also the first public defender to serve on our nation’s highest court.

THE BIPARTISAN SAFER COMMUNITIES ACT​

The Bipartisan Safer Communities Act is the most significant gun violence prevention legislation in 30 years. It will help keep guns out of the hands of dangerous people, narrow the “boyfriend loophole,” and expand mental health and safety services in schools.

THE CHIPS AND SCIENCE ACT​

The CHIPS Act will bring back manufacturing from overseas and create good-paying union jobs here at home. Since President Biden signed it into law, companies have already announced almost $300 billion in new American manufacturing investments.

EXPANDING HEALTH CARE FOR VETERANS THROUGH THE PACT ACT​

President Biden signed into law the most significant expansion of benefits and services for toxic-exposed veterans in more than 30 years.

SIGNED MARRIAGE EQUALITY INTO LAW​

President Biden signed the Respect for Marriage Act to enshrine marriage equality for same-sex and interracial couples into federal law.
President Joe Biden smiling

THE INFLATION REDUCTION ACT​

President Biden signed landmark legislation to bring down costs for families, lower prescription drug prices, and make historic investments in American clean energy jobs and manufacturing. Every single Republican in Congress voted against it.

CHANGING OUR FAILED APPROACH ON MARIJUANA​

President Biden pardoned all prior federal offenses of simple marijuana possession, removing a burden to employment, housing, and educational opportunities for thousands of Americans

PROTECTING REPRODUCTIVE RIGHTS​

In the wake of the Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade and strip a constitutional right from the American people, President Biden issued executive orders to preserve access to reproductive care and protect the right to travel across state lines to receive care.

HISTORIC CLIMATE ACTION​

President Biden rejoined the Paris Climate Accords on his first day in office. He is delivering on the most aggressive climate agenda in American history through historic investments in clean energy.

RALLYING THE WORLD IN SUPPORT OF UKRAINE​

Since the start of Vladimir Putin’s unprovoked invasion of Ukraine, President Biden has rallied the world to stand with Ukraine, defend democracy, and stand up to autocracy.

PROTECTING THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT​

President Biden has worked to protect and strengthen the Affordable Care Act. Now, millions of Americans are saving $800 per year on their health insurance and 4-in-5 Americans can find coverage for $10 a month or less through the ACA.

CRIMINAL JUSTICE REFORM​

President Biden signed a landmark executive order to promote safe and accountable policing, ban chokeholds, restrict no-knock entries by police, create a national police accountability database, and prohibit the transfer of military equipment to local police departments.

STUDENT DEBT RELIEF​

President Biden has approved the cancellation of billions in student loan debt for millions of Americans, as well as the la

We Never Know

No Slack
Yes we know you like to play the equivocation game, so here is your opening. Don't worry we don't expect any evidence.

WE’VE DELIVERED ON OUR PROMISES​

THE AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN​

Just six weeks into his presidency, Joe Biden signed the American Rescue Plan to jumpstart our economy and change the course of the pandemic. The American Rescue Plan funded our national vaccination campaign and helped safely reopen America’s schools.

Not on the list you responded to.

THE BIPARTISAN INFRASTRUCTURE LAW​

President Biden worked across the aisle to deliver what decades of presidents promised and failed to do: rebuild our nation’s roads and bridges, upgrade our public transit, clean up pollution, and provide high-speed internet to every American.
Joe Biden giving speech

CONFIRMATION OF JUSTICE KETANJI BROWN JACKSON​

President Biden appointed Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson, the first Black woman to ever serve on the Supreme Court. She is also the first public defender to serve on our nation’s highest court.

THE BIPARTISAN SAFER COMMUNITIES ACT​

The Bipartisan Safer Communities Act is the most significant gun violence prevention legislation in 30 years. It will help keep guns out of the hands of dangerous people, narrow the “boyfriend loophole,” and expand mental health and safety services in schools.

THE CHIPS AND SCIENCE ACT​

The CHIPS Act will bring back manufacturing from overseas and create good-paying union jobs here at home. Since President Biden signed it into law, companies have already announced almost $300 billion in new American manufacturing investments.

EXPANDING HEALTH CARE FOR VETERANS THROUGH THE PACT ACT​

President Biden signed into law the most significant expansion of benefits and services for toxic-exposed veterans in more than 30 years.

Health care. Hey you got one

SIGNED MARRIAGE EQUALITY INTO LAW​

President Biden signed the Respect for Marriage Act to enshrine marriage equality for same-sex and interracial couples into federal law.
President Joe Biden smiling

THE INFLATION REDUCTION ACT​

President Biden signed landmark legislation to bring down costs for families, lower prescription drug prices, and make historic investments in American clean energy jobs and manufacturing. Every single Republican in Congress voted against it.

CHANGING OUR FAILED APPROACH ON MARIJUANA​

President Biden pardoned all prior federal offenses of simple marijuana possession, removing a burden to employment, housing, and educational opportunities for thousands of Americans

PROTECTING REPRODUCTIVE RIGHTS​

In the wake of the Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade and strip a constitutional right from the American people, President Biden issued executive orders to preserve access to reproductive care and protect the right to travel across state lines to receive care.

HISTORIC CLIMATE ACTION​

President Biden rejoined the Paris Climate Accords on his first day in office. He is delivering on the most aggressive climate agenda in American history through historic investments in clean energy.

RALLYING THE WORLD IN SUPPORT OF UKRAINE​

Since the start of Vladimir Putin’s unprovoked invasion of Ukraine, President Biden has rallied the world to stand with Ukraine, defend democracy, and stand up to autocracy.

PROTECTING THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT​

President Biden has worked to protect and strengthen the Affordable Care Act. Now, millions of Americans are saving $800 per year on their health insurance and 4-in-5 Americans can find coverage for $10 a month or less through the ACA.

Health care. Again

CRIMINAL JUSTICE REFORM​

President Biden signed a landmark executive order to promote safe and accountable policing, ban chokeholds, restrict no-knock entries by police, create a national police accountability database, and prohibit the transfer of military equipment to local police departments.

STUDENT DEBT RELIEF​

President Biden has approved the cancellation of billions in student loan debt for millions of Americans, as well as the la

Not on the list you responded to.......

So far you got one on the list.
Now address the list of...

-Wage increases
-Lower worker taxes
-Longer breaks
-Shorter hours
-Health care coverage
-Unions
-Paid time off

Pogo

Health care. Hey you got one

Health care. Again

Not on the list you responded to.......

So far you got one on the list.
Now address the list of...

-Wage increases
-Lower worker taxes
-Longer breaks
-Shorter hours
-Health care coverage
-Unions
-Paid time off
Yes we know you are a queen of whataboutism and denying evidence since it doesn't rise to your level, I am sorry I wasted my time responding.l

your turn to play disinterested pretender but superior. LOL

We Never Know

No Slack
Yes we know you are a queen of whataboutism and denying evidence since it doesn't rise to your level, I am sorry I wasted my time responding.l

your turn to play disinterested pretender but superior. LOL
Lol. When you have nothing, why is it always personal attacks you turn to?

Btw, copying then posting all the things from one link isn't that hard. With no link or quotation marks its plagerism. I think there may be a rule about that.

Plus I've already read that link.

Last edited:

Pogo

Lol. When you have nothing, why is it always personal attacks you turn to?

Btw, copying then posting all the things from one link isn't that hard. Plus I've already read that link.
but what about but what, any time you actually want to defend a position instead of just JAQing.

We Never Know

No Slack
but what about but what, any time you actually want to defend a position instead of just JAQing.

Try addressing the post you are responding to instead using gish gallop as a response by plagerizing a long link that did correlate to the post you responded to.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Are there any objective reasons why they should support the Democrats? What is in it for the worker?
Well democrats will work to advocate for more fair tax rates, and not cut taxes that benefit the wealthy the most. Democrats want to increase taxes for those who can afford the increase and cut taxes for those making $400K and less a year. They also want to keep funding education for all states so that the burden won't hurt poorer states, which tend to be red. They have also long advocated for universal healthcare, unlike republicans. Democrats advocate for women's reproductive rigts and basic healthcare, and we know the disaster that republicans have caused.
Where is my job security?
I guess you need government to take care of you? Where's your self reliance? And so much much for the free markets, eh?
Where are my price protections? Why is there no cap on the salaries of CEO's? Why is the rent too damn high?
Did you ask these questions of Trump when he had four years to fix them for you? I've heard nothing by current republicans on these issues.

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there
Hobos and drifters used to be an understood class, we need to reevaluate from the ground to our attitudes up. Grew up with street sleepers around my HS in Berkeley (different group than people's park) and as I said a coworker and a son running away from his mother. Much of the failure is recognizing that this is a varied a group as the rest of us probably. Oh, and there is the Phd I rode the bus with living in the local homeless housing.
There but for what go I.

You see that it's complex - that there's no one size fits all approach - I wish more people would at least acknowledge that a standard sound bite on homelessness ends up sounding trite. And when they find out any part of the solution ends up too close to their own back yard... watch that door shut fast.

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there
Affordable housing.

How should they make this happen? Using federal funds, like Oregon?

Oregon is also pioneering an approach that tries to tackle both housing and health simultaneously. The new pilot program, launching in 2024, will make Oregon the first state in the nation to use Medicaid money to pay for housing costs.​
The funds, previously limited to medical care, can now be spent on supports such as rental assistance for people who are homeless and participating in mental health or addiction treatment.​
Who pays (federal, state, municipal)? What agency(ies) should be in charge of moving the homeless into housing, ensuring they make their rent, pay their utilities, can buy food and basic necessities? Find a job? Control addictions, treat mental illness?

LeftyLen

The left is now in control of the Democrat party. The Democrat party is more agenda oriented than ever before animated by wild woke absurdities all part of its narrative. Is America now so secular, so nihilistic iso removed from its base foundational cultural moorings as to buy into what the Democrats are selling? we shall see in November.

LeftyLen

The left is now in control of the Democrat party. The Democrat party is more agenda oriented than ever before animated by wild woke absurdities all part of its narrative. Is America now so secular, so nihilistic iso removed from its base foundational cultural moorings as to buy into what the Democrats are selling? we shall see in November.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

Yeah, you still owe us evidence for how secularism is nihilism.

LeftyLen

The left is now in control of the Democrat party. The Democrat party is more agenda oriented than ever before animated by wild woke absurdities all part of its narrative. Is America now so secular, so nihilistic is so removed from its base foundational cultural moorings as to buy into what the Democrats are selling? we shall see in November.

LeftyLen

Trump had demonization going full tilt.
But he also had a positivity that appealed
to anti-liberals, conservatives, & idiots.

Whatever her campaign style, I hope
it keeps Trump from implemeneting
a theocratic Imperial Presidency.
what theocratic agenda? Trump has no religion The public is sick of woke absurdities =, speaking against such absurd narratives is not negative, The notion i see on the left, typical of leftists is the 'deplorables' the proletarians need a strong central government to 'keep them under control ' and not interfere with woke absurdities