• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How The Democrats Will Still Lose

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
The trick is to tell the voters "corporate tax cuts benefit the workers because they can innovate more and create more jobs....."
It's a very effective trick used by operatives with a corporate agenda
And pure malarkey. LOL

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
The Democrats have once forgot their working class base who are more interest in how they are going to feed their kids. They don't want nothing to do with identity politics or anything like that. And Democrats focusing on cultural issues rather that economics makes the working class feeling ignored by the Democrats. This has been going on far to long. And what is worse - they are no longer being ignored - The Trump gang is actively courting them.
Are you suggesting that non-whites and non-Christians aren't included among the working class?

We Never Know

No Slack

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Since Trump has just confessed in public to his plans for future elections, I predict that the Republicans are due for a big fall. This will be in ads all over the nation, blaring from loudspeakers and every TV and radio.

“I don't care how, but you have to get out and vote,” Trump told the crowd at Turning Point Action’s Believer’s Summit. “Christians get out and vote. Just this time. You won't have to do it anymore.”
“In four more years, you know what? It’ll be fixed. It’ll be fine. You won't have to vote anymore, my beautiful Christians,” Trump added during his 70-minute long speech. “We'll have it fixed so good. You're not going to have to vote.”

danieldemol

Premium Member
That's a couple years old. Here is one from March this year. Its a pretty interesting article.

Democrats' big vulnerability: Why they're losing Black, Hispanic voters

Thanks, it's interesting that a growing number aren't interested in climate change (even though it's possibly humanities greatest threat) and don't care about civil rights. I guess people just tend to take certain things for granted and won't be aware of them till their gone in my view. It's sad really.

tytlyf

Not Religious
That's a couple years old. Here is one from March this year. Its a pretty interesting article.

Democrats' big vulnerability: Why they're losing Black, Hispanic voters

But none of them give objective reasons to not support Democrats. Social media is the biggest influencer.
The reach of the propaganda these days is massive....different languages, etc. It's not just white people who are targeted by conservative media.

Pogo

They're "never going to be returned to a useful functional life" and you expect them to build their own dwellings?
Actually, this one is interesting in that drug abuse is very common in those who do construction, especially those who are not full time employees.
(there is another story here)
There's "nothing you can do about it" but you're castigating Democrats for either not doing enough or not doing it the right way?
Welcome to the "attitude". Oddly I find it most commonly in those who are convinced that there is a god. (see other conv.)
How will you return the homeless to sanity, other than hiring them, regardless of their level of infirmity, mental illness, or addiction, to build their own dwellings?
Building their own dwellings is better as a metaphor than reality, but it is a good point. It is also important that they build "their own dwellings".

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Why don't you for once in your life address the good points @Absolutely Frank is making rather than just adding on your own allusions that are completely off point as usual.
For the same reason that I responded to @PureX's OP -- the America that wants to "take care of its own" before dealing with "the problems of others" is, in doing so, forgetting that those "others" are right there among you, they are part of the America with the problems.

And on that score, Biden is correct -- there's nothing you can't solve if you work at it together. But the corollary is there's nothing that you can't screw up if you try to have some of you win at the expense of others.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Since Trump has just confessed in public to his plans for future elections, I predict that the Republicans are due for a big fall. This will be in ads all over the nation, blaring from loudspeakers and every TV and radio.

“I don't care how, but you have to get out and vote,” Trump told the crowd at Turning Point Action’s Believer’s Summit. “Christians get out and vote. Just this time. You won't have to do it anymore.”
“In four more years, you know what? It’ll be fixed. It’ll be fine. You won't have to vote anymore, my beautiful Christians,” Trump added during his 70-minute long speech. “We'll have it fixed so good. You're not going to have to vote.”
Hanlon's Razor states: never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by neglect, ignorance or incompetence.

To me Trump's lack of mental competence was in evidence there. He just babbles nonsense because he can't make a well-reasoned point. His administration was utter chaos as attested to those who were there.

But none of them give objective reasons to not support Democrats. Social media is the biggest influencer.
The reach of the propaganda these days is massive....different languages, etc. It's not just white people who are targeted by conservative media.
Are there any objective reasons why they should support the Democrats? What is in it for the worker? Where is my job security? Where are my price protections? Why is there no cap on the salaries of CEO's? Why is the rent too damn high?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Thanks, it's interesting that a growing number aren't interested in climate change (even though it's possibly humanities greatest threat) and don't care about civil rights. I guess people just tend to take certain things for granted and won't be aware of them till their gone in my view. It's sad really.
I'll give you a subtle hint.

That most people are more worried about how much money they have in their pockets to pay their bills and put food on the table, the ability to save, and have a little entertainment for themselves so they can enjoy life for once without worrying about somebody from the outside screwing everything up for them and robbing them at gunpoint.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Are there any objective reasons why they should support the Democrats? What is in it for the worker? Where is my job security? Where are my price protections? Why is there no cap on the salaries of CEO's? Why is the rent too damn high?
Simple.
Democrats support the following

-Wage increases
-Lower worker taxes
-Longer breaks
-Shorter hours
-Health care coverage
-Unions
-Paid time off

Republicans are against these policies. The hispanic/black voters who switched sides don't understand the policy differences.
They're influenced by social media.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
These questions are indeed asked. Some have answers (see below) but often not good answers. The job of politicians is to understand the pain and find answers that help.

Where is my job security?
Democrats are a *LOT* more pro-union than Republicans. But also people can't be guaranteed jobs. Even in Communist countries they wound up with layoffs. Helping people find new jobs, on the other hand is where we should be.
Where are my price protections?
Price controls never work for long.

Why is there no cap on the salaries of CEO's?
Who funds both parties? SCOTUS decided that money was speech and contributed to the current mess. Changing that is not easy. And the answer is not to cap salaries but to increase taxes back to historical levels. A
Why is the rent too damn high?
Getting into the causes of inflation is beyond a post on RF. But it's a problem.

Pogo

Hanlon's Razor states: never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by neglect, ignorance or incompetence.

To me Trump's lack of mental competence was in evidence there. He just babbles nonsense because he can't make a well-reasoned point. His administration was utter chaos as attested to those who were there.
If they can impeach Harris, can we call 25th amendment on Trump? Just askin?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

And yet, I suspect if you were to make a thorough study of what he has been saying for these last nearly 4 years, there is no lack of actual malice, as well.

And I don't think that malice is actually made less threatening if it really can be explained by neglect, ignorance or incompetence.