• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How's the Weather?

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Right now it's about 8 pm 11/30/2010 in Northeast Texas and it's about 38 degrees and dropping fast - should be in the 20s by about 3 am.

I love this time of year because our little town, with it's Texas oil boom history (and current oil boom prosperity as well) really puts on a show.

Here are the oil derricks downtown - all lit up for Christmas. Ironic because back in the day, these derricks were called "Christmas trees."

3088773035_5b611e9140.jpg

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
It's 65 degrees F out there right now. It was really nice today. Clouds are moving in tonight and tomorrow, rain and thunderstorms are expected. Tomorrow night, it's supposed to be clear and thirty flippin' degrees cooler. Sometimes cool weather doesn't stick around for good until January. We may have warmer spells through December. Coastal Va weather can be odd.

We had unbelievable foliage this year. Amazing orange, yellow and reds.

Last edited:

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.

I think my mantle perfectly captures the feel of an East Texas winter - the bare tree, the deer, the dusky feel of a frosty morning or the quickly falling temperatures at twilight...

croak

Trickster

I think my mantle perfectly captures the feel of an East Texas winter - the bare tree, the deer, the dusky feel of a frosty morning or the quickly falling temperatures at twilight...
That's a lovely mantle. Add a roaring fire and it would be complete.

We don't have a fireplace. We have heaters, though. ;)

Noaidi

slow walker
Snowy and icy here in the Western Isles. Almost freezing in my house - my thermometer tells me it's 5.9 degrees C in the bedroom. I can see my breath condense in front of me.

It's stopped snowing and is doing something else now instead. I don't quite now how to explain it, it's a bit like snow, except instead of fluffy white awesomeness it's very moist and a kind of non descript colour that if I was pushed I would call grey, and instead of softly alighting on people and objects imbuing them with a serene dignity and fairytale aesthetic that delights both young and old it is sploshing down on people and forming in little pockets of liquid. All in all it is very disappointing, and slippery. :(

Last edited:

croak

Trickster
It's stopped snowing and is doing something else now instead. I don't quite now how to explain it, it's a bit like snow, except instead of fluffy white awesomeness it's very moist and a kind of non descript colour that if I was pushed I would call grey, and instead of softly alighting on people and objects imbuing them with a serene dignity and fairytale aesthetic that delights both young and old it is sploshing down on people and forming in little pockets of liquid. All in all it is very disappointing, and slippery. :(
Perhaps slush?

I'd take slush over no precipitation.