• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How's the Weather?

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
It's been over 100 every day now for over 20 days in a row. About the only thing good about that is the fantastic summer storms which crop up several times a week. Here's a picture of the clouds over my house yesterday:

281255_10150394474169377_792524376_10573394_732287_n.jpg

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Right now, it's 10 C, and getting colder. There is ice and snow in the back yard, after 2 days of snow (not a lot, an inch at most, but everything does look pretty). I'm absolutely freezing!

5334518_600x400.jpg

3574280657_aa6d370553.jpg

Rakhel

It's getting chilly here(as the weather man stated this morning). It's a brisk 72 degrees F

BRRRRRR

Kathryn

226122_10150394485679377_792524376_10573454_7686550_n.jpg

My dog WhoDat trying to beat the heat, hanging out by his water bowl in the shade of the patio.

Kathryn

29th day in a row with temps over 100 degrees and heat indexes of around 110.

No end in sight for this weather pattern. Temps are predicted to be over 100 for at least the next ten days.

SHEEZE!!! Two of my rose bushes and two other smaller shrubs are now officially dead.

Flankerl

Around 20°C and cloudy. It looks like it could start to rain at any moment... but then again thats how it looked the whole day.

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
29th day in a row with temps over 100 degrees and heat indexes of around 110.

No end in sight for this weather pattern. Temps are predicted to be over 100 for at least the next ten days.

SHEEZE!!! Two of my rose bushes and two other smaller shrubs are now officially dead.

Same here. Add in a humidity level in the mid 70s, and it's downright miserable outside.

It's days like this that make me wish I had an office job.

pwfaith

We've had many days of 100+ weather. Thankfully we have storms today so it's a bit cooler.
It's days like this that make me wish I had an office job.

My husband is a mechanic in aviation. He sympathizes! :) Nothing like it feeling like 105 degrees outside and working in a big metal box with no fans! or on the pavement in a big metal airplane! HOT!

Jensen

It has been very hot here too, and humid, it rains just about every other day. Lots of thunderstorms too. We have some wind damage in the area also. This is the first year that I'm looking forward to winter, although it can get to minus 30 sometimes. The heat makes me sick, can hardly go outdoors.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Obviously it's hot. But heat itself wouldn't be so damn bad. It's the humidity. I'd love for it to pour for a while. As is the moisture just seems to hang in the air, muggy as all get out. Just rain and get it done with! I try to go for nightly walks so that it's cooler out when I go...but with it so muggy I'm sweaty after only half a mile or so. Ick.

Kathryn

Yesterday, it reached 107 here. The heat is absolutely oppressive. We've had 31 straight days of heat over 100 degrees. About once a week we get a pretty impressive thunderstorm - and my husband and I always make it a point to sit on our covered patio and revel in the "coolness" when that happens - after all, the temps may actually drop into the high 80s when that storm comes through!

I don't even go outside, except to walk to and from my car. In other words, I dart from one air conditioned spot to another.

Speaking of AC, ours went down at work last week for three days. Talk about MISERABLE!!!

I can't wait till fall - LATE fall. It's usually still pretty steamy here till the middle of October. However - I'm not really complaining. We have fantastically mild and pleasant winters and springs here in East Texas.

Jensen

Hi Kathryn,

I should go to northern Canada for the summer, and down to your place for the winter, then it would be nice the year around. :) hehe. You know when I was a kid I didn't know that if one went south it was warmer. When I found out I wanted to go south so we didn't have to live with the harsh winters. Folks wouldn't move.