• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How's the Weather?

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Hi Kathryn,

I should go to northern Canada for the summer, and down to your place for the winter, then it would be nice the year around. :) hehe. You know when I was a kid I didn't know that if one went south it was warmer. When I found out I wanted to go south so we didn't have to live with the harsh winters. Folks wouldn't move.

Sounds like a plan!

I was wrong - it's been over 100 for THIRTY SIX days in a row here. Today it was 114.

And, it's not that "dry heat" like they talk about in Arizona or New Mexico. Oh no, oh no...this is that sticky, humid heat. :help:

rsd

ACBSP77
8.2.11- Here in the Austin, San Antonio, Texas area it has been a summer smok'in hot with only two days of rain. That is all a distant memory now. Was 103 today and will be 104 tomorrow and the 10 day forcast looks the same. Been over 100 for over 70 days this year.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Not quite near as hot in Iowa. We've had some "cool" days down in the mid 80s a few days here and there. Regularly mid to upper 90s with heat indexes in the 100s. We have our 100s days too. This afternoon was 104 with a heat index of 114. Wasn't quite so humid as usual though so wasn't as bad as I expected. Was out hanging laundry this afternoon and while it was hot, wasn't so bad. Did make the freckles on my arms and shoulders really pop though. :p

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Not quite near as hot in Iowa. We've had some "cool" days down in the mid 80s a few days here and there. Regularly mid to upper 90s with heat indexes in the 100s. We have our 100s days too. This afternoon was 104 with a heat index of 114. Wasn't quite so humid as usual though so wasn't as bad as I expected. Was out hanging laundry this afternoon and while it was hot, wasn't so bad. Did make the freckles on my arms and shoulders really pop though. :p

I like the "We've had some "cool" days down in the mid 80s a few days here and there". thats a heatwave to us,here its 78 so it will probably hit 80 by noon,i wonder if the heat where you are is as humid as here which is a drawback of the English summer.

Kathryn

I have family in Iowa - yes, the heat is very humid.

Here in northeast Texas, it's very humid too. I LOVE it when the highs are in the 80s - feels like spring! Today the high is supposed to be around 110. THAT - I hate.

We've gotten spoiled. The last two or three years the summers have been mild - by our standards. Highs in the low 90s, and enough rain to keep things green. This year has been awful so far. Very extreme and out of the normal cycle of things. Snow several times this winter (VERY weird for east Texas!) and now the hottest summer on record.

I want my Texas back!

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I have family in Iowa - yes, the heat is very humid.

Here in northeast Texas, it's very humid too. I LOVE it when the highs are in the 80s - feels like spring! Today the high is supposed to be around 110. THAT - I hate.

We've gotten spoiled. The last two or three years the summers have been mild - by our standards. Highs in the low 90s, and enough rain to keep things green. This year has been awful so far. Very extreme and out of the normal cycle of things. Snow several times this winter (VERY weird for east Texas!) and now the hottest summer on record.

I want my Texas back!

110 is unhealthy,me hope dat dem fine Texas days return (poor attempt at Cajun)

Flankerl

It was a nice day around 25°C, cloudy most of the day until 17 o clock when the sun came through.

It was supposed to rain all day.

Kathryn

284277_10150275536738678_247534773677_7604386_7382299_n.jpg

Kathryn

Very cute :clap its even hot here in the north, but not that bad. Hope it gets better for you soon.

Thank you - but no such luck today. It got to 111 and at 9:30 pm tonight it was still 105.

YE GODS!

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Big rain and thunderboomers. And we've got a tornado watch (in Toronto!) and a forecast of "damaging hail".

One of my friends has taken refuge in her basement with her kids. That might be a bit of overkill, but it's definitely interesting weather.

Kathryn

Anyone around here in the path of Hurricane Irene?

My daughter lives in the Chesapeake Bay area and they were forced to evacuate last night because of the possibility of flooding. She and her family are fine but they are just now getting hit, so we'll see. They are currently under a tornado warning.

Good times, good times.

Meanwhile here in Texas, we're still going over 100 degrees every day - usually topping out at about 105. WILL IT NEVER END....

Rakhel

We are. no forced evac yet. Will know more later. other areas in and around NYC have been. She has been down graded to a cat 1. but there is not telling what will happen when she is done with NC.

Kathryn

Well, she's moving into Virginia and the winds are 50 mph. I'd say you should rent a lot of movies and stay inside.

Alien movie fest - WOOHOOOO! That's what I'd do. Or - maybe Band of Brothers or Lonesome Dove!