• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Humans did NOT evolve from the common ancestor of Apes

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
Dear Quater, No, Jesus was a lot more direct. Here is what He called God haters:

Hypocrites, blind guides, devourers of widows houses, fools, liars, like dirty cups with clean outsides, whited sepulchres full of dead men's bones, and filled with iniquity, serpents, vipers, and people headed for Hell. And that is just in 1 Chapter of Matthew. Mat 23

I don't hate anyone. My warning is to wake the sleeping up before their house burns. It just sounds like hate to those who see EVERYthing opposite of God's Truth. God Bless you

Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.
Ephesians 4:29.

Ben West

Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear. Ephesians 4:29.

Dear Quater, You should post verses in context. In the context of this verse, Jesus tells us:

Eph 4:26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
Eph 4:27 Neither give place to the devil.

Jesus was angry but NEVER sinned even though He threw the money changers out of the Temple. IOW, It's NOT a sin to defend God's Truth from heathens but Christians should stand against the Lies of the devil.

Eph 4:28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth. Eph 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

These are instructions for NEW believers and it is NOT speaking of correcting Godless Evols online since many of them are known God haters, allowing Christians to REFUTE their foolishness without sinning. God Bless you

Ben West

There's only one bug on this thread that really bothers me !
:p
~
'mud

Dear mud, Tell the Truth. If it wasn't for me showing the ignorance of today's "so called" Evols, this thread would have been over months ago. I've noticed a real drop on the other threads listed. Do you think the God haters ran the Christians off? That would explain the drop in participation since Evols are the most boring bumpkins online and a thread composed of just them is surely doomed. God Bless you

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Dear Sapiens, IF you would actually read what I post, you would be see that I support my view with the AGREEMENT of Scripture, Science, and History.
You keep repeating this bold faced lie as though it is some kind of ace in the hole.

If it wasn't a bold faced lie, you might have something, but since it is nothing but a bold faced lie, you have nothing.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Dear mud, Tell the Truth. If it wasn't for me showing the ignorance of today's "so called" Evols, this thread would have been over months ago. I've noticed a real drop on the other threads listed. Do you think the God haters ran the Christians off? That would explain the drop in participation since Evols are the most boring bumpkins online and a thread composed of just them is surely doomed. God Bless you
The only reason this thread has not died away is because you keep coming back for more beatings.

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
Dear Quater, You should post verses in context. In the context of this verse, Jesus tells us:

Eph 4:26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
Eph 4:27 Neither give place to the devil.

Jesus was angry but NEVER sinned even though He threw the money changers out of the Temple. IOW, It's NOT a sin to defend God's Truth from heathens but Christians should stand against the Lies of the devil.

Eph 4:28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth. Eph 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

These are instructions for NEW believers and it is NOT speaking of correcting Godless Evols online since many of them are known God haters, allowing Christians to REFUTE their foolishness without sinning. God Bless you

I still can't imagine him finding it useful or productive to refer to people as Godhaters, however. And I imagine he would counsel you to take a more compassionate and polite tone with nonbelievers.

By calling people Godhater, you're shutting down the communication lines, and all you're doing is talking to yourself.

Ben West

You keep repeating this bold faced lie as though it is some kind of ace in the hole.

If it wasn't a bold faced lie, you might have something, but since it is nothing but a bold faced lie, you have nothing.

Dear Mes, Science, History, and Gen 1:21 agree that "every living creature that moves" was created and brought forth from water. Science and History date this event at some 3.77 Billion years ago, in man's time. God agrees and shows that it was on the 5th Day of the Creation. Can you refute that? Of course NOT, but go ahead and TRY so I can refute your foolishness for all the Buggy people here.

Fly.gif
Fly.gif
Fly.gif
Fly.gif
Fly.gif
Fly.gif
Fly.gif
Fly.gif
Fly.gif
Fly.gif
Fly.gif
Fly.gif
Fly.gif
Fly.gif
Fly.gif
Fly.gif
Fly.gif

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Dear Mes, Science, History, and Gen 1:21 agree that "every living creature that moves" was created and brought forth from water. Science and History date this event at some 3.77 Billion years ago, in man's time. God agrees and shows that it was on the 5th Day of the Creation. Can you refute that? Of course NOT, but go ahead and TRY so I can refute your foolishness for all the Buggy people here.
Actually, science does not agree that everything was "created".
So you fail with the very first sentence.

What happened to your scriptural agreement with your second "point"?
Ouch.
Made yourself a liar with your second sentence...

Your third sentence is nothing but a bold empty claim.

I refuted you without even leaving your own post.
Sad really.

Ben West

I still can't imagine him finding it useful or productive to refer to people as Godhaters, however. And I imagine he would counsel you to take a more compassionate and polite tone with nonbelievers.

By calling people Godhater, you're shutting down the communication lines, and all you're doing is talking to yourself.

Dear Quater, Maybe I've been online too long. Back in the 90s Godhaters used to cuss out every Christian they could find. They would mercilessly attack YEC until they ran away. Perhaps I picked up some of their bad habits. IF people don't want to be called Godhaters, they should repent of their evil ways. Right? God Bless you

Ben West

Actually, science does not agree that everything was "created".
(1) So you fail with the very first sentence.

(2) What happened to your scriptural agreement with your second "point"?
Ouch.
Made yourself a liar with your second sentence...

(3) Your third sentence is nothing but a bold empty claim.

I refuted you without even leaving your own post.
Sad really.

Dear Mes, (1) Of course not, BUT Godless people know that life came forth from the water beginning 3.77 Billion years ago and continues today from black smokers all over the world. Science ASSUMES that life just appeared in the water because cells cannot live without water. Can they? Science changed the name from Created to things which came "Naturally" from the water.

Now, it's YOUR time to tell us How men who lived thousands of years BEFORE Science, knew and wrote this in the Bible.

(2) Genesis 1:21 shows that EVERY living creature was made the 5th Day.

Gen 1:21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after Their kind, and every winged fowl after His kind: and God saw that it was good.

The above agrees with what I posted and REFUTES your false notions.

(3) The only thing you have refuted is yourself and the ToE, which is the Biggest Satanic Lie ever told. Repent of your evil ways

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
What ever happened to "Judge ye not..."? .

The ToE in no way refutes a belief in God, as it is totally neutral in the religious arena.

Ben West

The ToE in no way refutes a belief in God, as it is totally neutral in the religious arena.

Dear Metis, False, since God tells us He made Humans with His own Hands and Godless Evolutionism falsely teaches that we evolved from other creatures. This is a Big Lie because man was FIRST made on the 3rd Day (Gen 2:4-7) and "every other living creature" was created and brought forth from the water on the 5th Day. Gen 1:21 Somebody's LYING and it's not God.

BTW, I haven't Judged you since that comes AFTER you die.

Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Dear Metis, False, since God tells us He made Humans with His own Hands and Godless Evolutionism falsely teaches that we evolved from other creatures. This is a Big Lie because man was FIRST made on the 3rd Day (Gen 2:4-7) and "every other living creature" was created and brought forth from the water on the 5th Day. Gen 1:21 Somebody's LYING and it's not God.

BTW, I haven't Judged you since that comes AFTER you die.

Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
The Bible uses a great deal of symbolism, and the creation accounts clearly are just that. To read it as a history actually misses the beauty of the symbolism that's involved.

In Judaism, we throughout our written history have used metaphors, allegories, parables, and other literary techniques, much like you'll find in your book of Revelations. Based on what we now know about how both our universe and humanity evolved, it makes not one iota of sense to deal with the genesis accounts as either literal history or science.

We pretty much know that the creation accounts involved us taking a Babylonian narrative, but then adjusting it to reflect our own teachings. Why are we pretty certain this happened? Because in northern Israel was found a Babylonian tablet that predates the writing of Genesis, which does tell us that we were familiar with the Babylonian narrative before we wrote ours.

I would suggest that God is not likely to judge us on having politically-correct beliefs but more likely on our character. The ToE does not eliminate God from consideration, and if anyone is teaching you that it does, then they're either terribly misinformed or are lying.

BTW, "day" in Hebrew is "yom", and even though it means "day" most of them time, sometimes it's used to stand for an indefinite length of time, such as "a thousand years is but a day in the eyes of God".

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity

Science as a whole is neutral on the subject of the existence of god. It simply finds no evidence for it. The purpose of science if problem solving and discovery, not disproving god. If there was even a shred of credible and verifiable evidence for the existence of god, you can bet your last dollar that every scientist on earth would be falling over each other to be the first to try and contact said god.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Dear Mes, (1) Of course not,...
Ouch.
You once again prove yourself a liar.

How is it that anyone is supposed to take you seriously when you tell so many bold faced lies?
Who is the master of lies?
I mean, other than yourself....

shawn001

Dear shawn, Looks like you agree with most Godhaters. Right?

Wrong I am not an atheist and either was Mark Twain.

Why would I hate God if a God existed?

"
Mark Twain had strong opinions on religion. He was not one to be swayed by religious propaganda or sermons. However, Mark Twain was not considered an atheist. He was evidently against conventional religion; and the traditions and dogma that prevail within religion.
In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination."
Dear shawn, Looks like you agree with most Godhaters. Right?

The Bible: So Misunderstood It's a Sin

http://www.newsweek.com/2015/01/02/thats-not-what-bible-says-294018.html

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Dear Monk, I support my views with the agreement of Scripture, Science, and History. This shows that the first Day was some 25 Billion years ago, in man's time, since the Big Bang of our world was 13.7 Billion years ago, on the 3rd Day. Gen 2:4 Today remains the 6th Day in the Creation of the perfect Heaven. Gen 1:27

God has but Seven Days and the Seventh has NO ending. That's because it's Eternity. Don't you know what Day it is?
You are neither using any coherent interpretation of scripture, definitely no real usage of science and history doesn't seem to support any of your claims. If the universe is only 13.7 billion years it is impossible for man to have been created 25 billion years ago. And where in the bible did you get 25 billion years ago? Where does it say the 7th day is infinite?