• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Humans did NOT evolve from the common ancestor of Apes

Thief

Rogue Theologian
That makes no sense at all - if you live after your last breath, then its not your last breath is it? What on earth is the point of this post-being-alive existence anyway? How does a post-being-alive existence have any effect whatsoever on whatever the 'point' is? And what would you be continuing FOR?

No sense at all?.....well go sit and think about it.

Does God breathe?
I've heard He does not sleep.
What?...you think God drinks blood?

I have never read a post of yours indicating your consideration.
Only your knee jerking and denials.

dig deeper....don't be so shallow.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
No sense at all?.....well go sit and think about it.

Does God breathe?
I've heard He does not sleep.
What?...you think God drinks blood?

I have never read a post of yours indicating your consideration.
Only your knee jerking and denials.

dig deeper....don't be so shallow.

Denal of what? Bad poetry?

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
For this thread....denial of your humanity.

Still want to call yourself and ape?

Well of course, it is just taxonomy - not a value judgement.
Humans are apes, we are primates, we are mammals, we are vertebrates, we are animals - what is the issue?

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
For this thread....denial of your humanity.

Still want to call yourself and ape?

"Humanity" is the state of being "human."

Being "human" simply means being a member of the species homo sapiens.

The species homo sapiens is a hominin.

Hominini
are a type of great ape, and includes chimpanzees. Both are hominidae.

Hominidae is the biological term for Great Ape.

Therefore, denying our status as Great Ape is what truly denies our humanity.

Sonofason

You misread. Humans are definitely primates, we are also Hominidae - great apes, a classification we share with the other great apes; Chimps, Gorillas, Gibbons and Orangoutans.

In fact we are more closely related to chimps than they are to gorillas.

Yes, scientists made up a few words as a result of a few apparent similarities between certain species of animals and told you that's what you are. It's okay if you want to believe everything someone you don't know says about you.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Yes, scientists made up a few words as a result of a few apparent similarities between certain species of animals and told you that's what you are. It's okay if you want to believe everything someone you don't know says about you.

I was asking why you would think we must be bananas just because we share a little DNA?

How did that make sense to you?

Sonofason

We share DNA with chimps, but are not chimps. Why would you think we must be bananas if we share DNA with bananas? How did you figure that?

Oops, did I say we are bananas? Sorry, my bad. We're not bananas, and we're not chimps, and we're not apes. You're right. We are human beings. We have always been the same species. Species do not change into new species. If anything, a species changes over time.

If indeed a species can change into an new species, then it must be that each individual is it's own species.

It's all just words, and totally unimportant really.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Oops, did I say we are bananas? Sorry, my bad. We're not bananas, and we're not chimps, and we're not apes. You're right. We are human beings. We have always been the same species. Species do not change into new species. If anything, a species changes over time.

If indeed a species can change into an new species, then it must be that each individual is it's own species.

It's all just words, and totally unimportant really.

Human beings are apes - if you deny that, you deny our humanity. We can not be human and not be apes. As to species changing into new species - that is observable.

You said that if a species can change into a new species, then it must be that each individual is it's own species. How so?

Sonofason

Human beings are apes - if you deny that, you deny our humanity. We can not be human and not be apes. As to species changing into new species - that is observable.

You said that if a species can change into a new species, then it must be that each individual is it's own species. How so?

If it is true that every single individual is not a new species, then it must be true that a father and his son are the same species.

I am a human being. My father is the same species as I am. My grand father was the same species as my father. My great grandfather was the same species as my grandfather...Adam was the same species as his son.

If Adam had a father, Adam's father was the same species as Adam. You can go back as far as you like. If you think that at some point someones greatest grandfather was an amoeba, you are wrong, because all of my ancestors were the same species as their sons and daughters.

The Classification system is a human fabrication. And it is left wanting.

Sonofason

It's like saying that a tree is a wood structure with leaves. It simply isn't true. If it is true it is a severely wanting explanation for a tree is much more than a wood structure with leaves.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
If it is true that every single individual is not a new species, then it must be true that a father and his son are the same species.
Of course.
I am a human being. My father is the same species as I am. My grand father was the same species as my father. My great grandfather was the same species as my grandfather...Adam was the same species as his son.

Yes of course, individuals give birth to offspring of the same species. Evolution does not suggest otherwise - did you think it did?
If Adam had a father, Adam's father was the same species as Adam. You can go back as far as you like. If you think that at some point someones greatest grandfather was an amoeba, you are wrong, because all of my ancestors were the same species as their sons and daughters.

The Classification system is a human fabrication. And it is left wanting.

How so?

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
It's like saying that a tree is a wood structure with leaves. It simply isn't true. If it is true it is a severely wanting explanation for a tree is much more than a wood structure with leaves.

That's right. So we call it a Redwood, or an Elm what was your point?

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Oops, did I say we are bananas? Sorry, my bad. We're not bananas, and we're not chimps, and we're not apes. You're right. We are human beings.

By this logic, bananas are not fruit and chimps are not apes.