• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Humans did NOT evolve from the common ancestor of Apes

Sonofason

There is a vast gap between how science works and how religion works. In science, we work with evidence, but in religion, beliefs are based on faith taught from sources thousands of years old written by people that we don't even know and whom had an extremely limited education as compared to those today.

On top of this, religious beliefs generally cannot be falsified, whereas scientific input can. For example, if I say our universe was created by the Cosmic Godzilla, that the suns and planets were his spit-wads, what evidence can you put forth to prove that I'm wrong? OTOH, we now know that Einstein's Steady-State Theory is wrong because overwhelming evidence indicates otherwise.

Actually, I believe in God because I experience God. I have first hand knowledge that God exists. Do you have first hand knowledge that the sun predates the earth? Can you actually map a gene sequence?

idav

Being
Premium Member
It is clear to me that nearly everyone's arguments on nearly all of these threads are arguments from ignorance. None of you have seen convincing evidences which cause you to believe what you believe. Nearly all of your knowledge of science, history, evolution, chemistry, physics, archeology, etc... is base solely on faith. And I'm okay with that. I have my faith too.

I highly doubt you can be aware of what people are knowledgeable of unless you can truly understand their point of view. Knowledge is quite the opposite of faith so speak for yourself.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Actually, I believe in God because I experience God.

There are plenty who experience god and the spiritual but in this age more and more people simply gravitate towards less faith based explanations. No theist knows it is god, god is acknowledged through faith.

Sonofason

I highly doubt you can be aware of what people are knowledgeable of unless you can truly understand their point of view. Knowledge is quite the opposite of faith so speak for yourself.

You accepting the discoveries of someone else, and belching them all over the internet is not knowledge. It's mimicry at best. Even Parrots are quite capable of mimicry.

Sonofason

Please demonstrate that your experience is a factual experience of God. How can you differentiate your claimed experience from, say, the claimed experiences of schizophrenics, or alien abductees?

Well, I am not schizophrenic, and I have not been abducted by aliens.

Sonofason

There are plenty who experience god and the spiritual but in this age more and more people simply gravitate towards less faith based explanations. No theist knows it is god, god is acknowledged through faith.

You wouldn't say that if you had ever experienced God. It is obvious by your answer that you have not.

Skwim

Veteran Member
You wouldn't say that if you had ever experienced God. It is obvious by your answer that you have not.
And your experiencing is the correct experiencing because . . . . . . . . .because you say so. :facepalm: You do realize how lame this is don't you? "My nose smells odors more correctly than your nose smells odors because . . . . . . . . .because I say so." :facepalm: :facepalm:

idav

Being
Premium Member
You accepting the discoveries of someone else, and belching them all over the internet is not knowledge. It's mimicry at best. Even Parrots are quite capable of mimicry.

I have an intimate understanding of my knowledge but I dont pretend to speak for others. I dont appreciate slander.

Sonofason

And your experiencing is the correct experiencing because . . . . . . . . .because you say so. :facepalm: You do realize how lame this is don't you? "My nose smells odors more correctly than your nose smells odors because . . . . . . . . .because I say so." :facepalm: :facepalm:

And a scientist who claims that the sun predates the earth is correct because....?

Sonofason

I have an intimate understanding of my knowledge but I dont pretend to speak for others. I dont appreciate slander.

Then provide the convincing proof that humans and apes have a common ancestor. It is quite slanderous to accuse others falsely of slander.

Last edited:

idav

Being
Premium Member
Then provide the convincing proof that humans and apes have a common ancestor.

Well it isnt what would convince me is it? There is a world full of knowledge why I had to bite the bullet and accept the facts of evolution. I have been looking at the human genome project since 1995, still boggles the mind how much more we have found since then including deciphering the chimp genome.

Sonofason

Well it isnt what would convince me is it? There is a world full of knowledge why I had to bite the bullet and accept the facts of evolution. I have been looking at the human genome project since 1995, still boggles the mind how much more we have found since then including deciphering the chimp genome.

Why should I believe that you have deciphered the chimp genome?

idav

Being
Premium Member
Why should I believe that you have deciphered the chimp genome?

Why should we believe anything? Please that doesnt give the bible any more credibility. I may as well just say everyone is insane and start from scratch, don't be ridiculous. However there is a difference between building on knowledge and building on understanding. Thats why the buddha emphasised experience cause he didnt want parrots.

Sonofason

Why should we believe anything? Please that doesnt give the bible any more credibility. I may as well just say everyone is insane and start from scratch, don't be ridiculous. However there is a difference between building on knowledge and building on understanding. Thats why the buddha emphasised experience cause he didnt want parrots.

Again, I experience God. I base all of my beliefs on experience. I believe nothing at all without knowing that it is fact.