• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Humans did NOT evolve from the common ancestor of Apes

Sonofason

We are not talking about genes here, we are talking about entire chromosomes.

And yes, we know that with an extreme amount of certainty.

Because chromosomes have markers, at their ends (telomeres) and at their centers (centromeres).
So, if two fuse you would expect there to be two centromeres in the new chromosome, and also telomeres in the middle.
And in our chromosome #2, this is exactly what we found.
This chromosome makes no sense... unless it is a fused one.
And given that our entire genome looks so similar to the other ape-genomes... except for this one chromosome that we have, which mirrors exactly the two chromosomes we DON'T have anymore, the number of coincidences to explain this without the model of a fusion of the chromosomes become unbelievably high.

I don't expect telomeres at the centers, but I guess I have to take your word for it. What do you mean, similar. You mean they're not the same?

Show me.

I don't expect telomeres at the centers, but I guess I have to take your word for it. What do you mean, similar. You mean they're not the same?

Show me.

You wouldn't?
Really?
If two chromosomes would fuse, then we would expect the things that we usually find at the ends of the chromosomes in the center of the new one. Right?
So, sure, that's something we would expect, if that model was correct.

And we did find exactly that! We also found two centromeres, which is AGAIN something you would NOT expect in regular chromosomes but only in fused ones...
And yet, we found them in our chromosome #2.

The model that this chromosome is a fused one of the two "missing" ones (when you compare it to the chimp-genome) explains these things beautifully. And I don't know of any other model that explains these weird abnomalies any better.

And no, you don't have to take my word for it.
Just go and look it up.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I just love that assuredness to the 5% mark.
Especially when a glitch of 2% is all it takes to dramatically change a species.

Skwim

Veteran Member
And I figured that you would not, nor ever will provide convincing evidence to support your claims.
He said as he continued to run away from
fearnotmanrun.gif

his lame claim of superior experience.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I have greater knowledge that God exists than you have that humans and chimps have a common ancestor. But sadly, neither of us can provide convincing evidence.

All living things have a common ancestor.

This is proven by the very fact that we have DNA.

Or do you not believe we have DNA?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I don't understand why so many Protestants insist on believing in the Genesis as if it was the scientific truth.
The Catholic Church has officially recognized that man did evolve from animals...so I don't understand why Protestants are so backwards

[YOUTUBE]0ZzXk8-4Vyw[/YOUTUBE]

jonathan180iq

I don't understand why so many Protestants insist on believing in the Genesis as if it was the scientific truth.
The Catholic Church has officially recognized that man did evolve from animals...so I don't understand why Protestants are so backwards

[YOUTUBE]0ZzXk8-4Vyw[/YOUTUBE]

I've often wondered the same thing. I agree with the Catholic church here, and I'm one who thinks the Catholics venerate a lot more crazy hocus pocus than the Protestants. But the fundamentalist reading, and idea of absolute literalness, is something that was expelled from higher Christian thought a long time ago. I can only attribute their lack of understanding on the divide. It's like a new dark ages. In the split, they lost a lot of the higher knowledge and are still going through the growing pains of figuring it out again, I guess.

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Actually, I believe in God because I experience God. I have first hand knowledge that God exists. Do you have first hand knowledge that the sun predates the earth? Can you actually map a gene sequence?

Well, people believe in a lot of things, but if that's what you believe you have experienced, who am I to say that you haven't.

As far as the dating of the planets and stars are concerned, there obviously are ways that this can sometimes be determined, and we don't have to personally experience something to know that it could be true. I really don't believe the universe evolves just around my own experiences.

jonathan180iq

I have experienced Abraham Lincoln!

You can read stories about Abraham Lincoln, and you can find artifacts that maybe-kinda-sorta pose as evidence to him being alive. But unless you have experienced Abraham Lincoln, then you can't say that he's real. You don't know. You have faith.

I have experienced Abraham Lincoln, so I know he's real!

(See how silly this is....)

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

It is not all Protestants that are like this but more the fundamentalist type. The irony is that this latter element tends to take scriptural narratives literally-- except when they run across one that doesn't fit their pre-determined paradigm. Then all the excuses come out to "show" that black is really white and white is really black.

jonathan180iq

Dear jonathan, Where did you get the idea that our world was destroyed in the Flood? Not from me. I posted that our Earth is a Rock and doesn't dissolve in water like Adam's world did. Adam's small world was contained within Lake Van, Turkey, which is STILL there since it was NOT "clean dissolved" in the Flood, which totally destroyed Adam's world. God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman

You said:

No, since Adam's world was "clean dissolved" according to Isa 24:19. Our world IS covered with water but does NOT dissolve, like Adam's Earth did, because our Earth is a ROCK. The Global Flood completely destroyed Adam's Earth but NOT the present Earth. Most theologians are unaware of this Scriptural Truth. They are also ignorant of the THIRD Heaven of 2Co 12:2.

I asked - in your theoretical History of the world, did the global flood cover Adam's world and the current world? Your response leads me to believe that you think it covered both worlds.

If that's the case, then how did anything survive for Noah's Grandsons to mate with?

If I am mistaken, and your odd wording style means that there was only a flood of Lake Van (Which is 75 miles wide and 1500 feet deep...) then what was going on outside of the mythological world of Adam that would allow there to be creatures and such NOT of the world that you describe?

idav

Being
Premium Member
And I say, God is allowed to tweak His creation as He sees fit.
that includes the technique.

See Genesis.

Yeah I suppose he could even make it so it seems like no tweaking is involved.

Look I believe in god but I don't believe in a deceptive one. To make it look as if we could have naturally split from our common ape ancestors. Why would he do that?

jonathan180iq

Yeah I suppose he could even make it so it seems like no tweaking is involved.

Look I believe in god but I don't believe in a deceptive one. To make it look as if we could have naturally split from our common ape ancestors. Why would he do that?

For the same reason he would hide the real history of the world, including floating biospheres and under water ships, in a book about some old Hebrews.