• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Humans did NOT evolve from the common ancestor of Apes

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Oh..... Well,your statement is actually an opinion,not the video.The video is based on actual facts, and scientific evidence.If you had watched the entire video, and not just parts of it, you would know this.I would advice you not to watch it though if you want to remain in your current state of belief.It will change you forever.:yes:

I don't see any point in wasting an hour of my time watching the entire thing, when within the first 4 minutes there are at least two inaccurate/misleading statements. I think that's a pretty good predictor of what's to come in the rest of it.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Lol..... How amusing.I knew it would make all the evolutionist supporters act this way.They all came out....Lol....:eek:

No, most people who have accepted the facts of reality don't have time to waist with creationists. It is very sad because the country I live in, the majority live in ignorance when it comes to evolution.

EUROPEANS ARE LAUGHING AT US PEOPLE!!:D

jonathan180iq

Oh..... Well,your statement is actually an opinion,not the video.The video is based on actual facts, and scientific evidence.If you had watched the entire video, and not just parts of it, you would know this.I would advice you not to watch it though if you want to remain in your current state of belief.It will change you forever.:yes:

My man, listen... At 6 minutes into this video, your guy makes the claim that There was no life at all before the Cambrian Explosion - he then goes on to provide "evidence of God at work" by saying the Trilobite appeared with a hard shell and complex eye without anything having lived before it. If this video that is based on "scientific fact" is still stuck on the emergence of the trilobite, then you guys have some more work to do.

No, most people who have accepted the facts of reality don't have time to waist with creationists. It is very sad because the country I live in, the majority live in ignorance when it comes to evolution.

EUROPEANS ARE LAUGHING AT US PEOPLE!!:D
So are creationist.

My man, listen... At 6 minutes into this video, your guy makes the claim that There was no life at all before the Cambrian Explosion - he then goes on to provide "evidence of God at work" by saying the Trilobite appeared with a hard shell and complex eye without anything having lived before it. If this video that is based on "scientific fact" is still stuck on the emergence of the trilobite, then you guys have some more work to do.
Again,it's your opinion.Thanks:)

Sapiens

Polymathematician
No, the video is based on well refuted foolishness that has little or no relationship to real science.
Again,it's your opinion.Thanks:)
No, actually it is not "just" his opinion, it is tested science.
I'll be happy to actually show you photographs of evidence of life within Pre-Cambrian layers, as well as a very reasonable explanations of how the trilobite didn't just "suddenly emerge".
Don't bother, he's not got the capacity to understand.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I'll be happy to actually show you photographs of evidence of life within Pre-Cambrian layers, as well as a very reasonable explanations of how the trilobite didn't just "suddenly emerge".

I can literally drive down the street to view Precambrian fossils of the Canadian Shield. I think this guy needs to have a visit.

No, the video is based on well refuted foolishness that has little or no relationship to real science.

No, actually it is not "just" his opinion, it is tested science.

Don't bother, he's not got the capacity to understand.
Oh....ok,thanks.:rolleyes:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
So, when animals begin to speak, with the ability to understand right from wrong, and good from evil, we will put them on Jury duty. Until then, forget it, since they do NOT have to ability to judge, which is the destiny of Humans, and what we were made for. Gen 1:28. God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman

Actually other primates do judge and have hierarchical systems. They do love and show affection as well as grieve over a lost one. The do know what is right and what is wrong. Good and Evil are just terms. They as well as all other primates understand what is "agreeable" and what is not agreeable and they have no problems expressing that......Now the part about jury duty is just silly.

Last edited:

idav

Being
Premium Member
Dear idav, The DIFFERENCE between Humans and EVERY OTHER living creature is that Humans (descendants of Adam) have INHERITED Adam's unique Human intelligence which is like God's intelligence. Gen 3:22

So, when animals begin to speak, with the ability to understand right from wrong, and good from evil, we will put them on Jury duty. Until then, forget it, since they do NOT have to ability to judge, which is the destiny of Humans, and what we were made for. Gen 1:28. God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman
Dont be silly. Talking is hardly the only form of communication so you have no idea what animals feel. We tested and they have feelings and are aware of the world and aware that they are an individual. And given sufficient education opportunity they can even learn sign lanugauge. Your making fun that they dont have vocal chords doesnt cut it. Some humans are mute too. Thats very derogatory but to I expected from a humans with over inflated egos.

As for your jury strawman we want a jury of our peers not a jury of a different species. Amusing strawman though as usual.:facepalm:

So anyway what do you have to say about humans being beat by chimps with a simple number memory game. The chimp is even counting in order to play the game. So according to your logic and the evidence i presented then all the great apes inherited adams intelligence around. Wow his genes certainly got around.:areyoucra

Of course you would rather avoid mentioning or talking about the evidence i presented. I am so shocked.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Here at 30 seconds you see chimps doing memory tests with speed and accuracy unparalleled by most humans. At 1:40 you get to see humans try and fumble through the test, its kinda sad.
[youtube]cPiDHXtM0VA[/youtube]
ABC News, Chimps vs Humans - YouTube

This is awesome for the chimp...but so sad for us. I there's a show on TV that talks about this how our memory skills and brain functions seem to breakdown over time from youth to old age. It went on about how much stuff we deal with in our daily life and how our brains decides to hand the amount of information we receive.....

[youtube]4E3Uy6xtLhU[/youtube]
Food - YouTube

The Neo Nerd

Dont be silly. Talking is hardly the only form of communication so you have no idea what animals feel.

You are indeed correct.

The words we say only account for a small amount of the communication we do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communication#Verbal_communication

Nonverbal communication describes the process of conveying meaning in the form of non-word messages. Some forms of non verbal communication include chronemics, haptics, gesture, body language or posture, facial expression and eye contact, object communication such as clothing, hairstyles, architecture, symbols, infographics, and tone of voice, as well as through an aggregate of the above. Speech also contains nonverbal elements known as paralanguage. This form of communication is the most known for interacting with people. These include voice lesson quality, emotion and speaking style as well as prosodic features such as rhythm, intonation and stress. Research has shown that up to 55% of human communication may occur through non verbal facial expressions, and a further 38% through paralanguage.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communication#cite_note-6

Nonverbal communication - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nonverbal communication is the process of communication through sending and receiving wordless (mostly visual) cues between people. It is sometimes mistakenly referred to as body language (kinesics), but nonverbal communication encompasses much more, such as use of voice (paralanguage), touch (haptics), distance (proxemics), and physical environments/appearance.[1] Typically overlooked in nonverbal communication are proxemics, or the informal space around the body and chronemics: the use of time. Not only considered eye contact, oculesics comprises the actions of looking while talking and listening, frequency of glances, patterns of fixation, pupil dilation, and blink rate. This subject is diverse in meaning, relative to culture and not limited to these definitions specifically.

Even speech contains nonverbal elements known as paralanguage, including voice quality, rate, pitch, volume, and speaking style, as well as prosodic features such as rhythm, intonation, and stress. Likewise, written texts have nonverbal elements such as handwriting style, spatial arrangement of words, or the physical layout of a page. However, much of the study of nonverbal communication has focused on interaction between individuals,[2] where it can be classified into three principal areas: environmental conditions where communication takes place, physical characteristics of the communicators, and behaviors of communicators during interaction.

Last edited:

The Neo Nerd

Mehrabian even goes so far to say:

Albert Mehrabian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The words we say account for only 7% of the message sent and recieved.
The tone used accounts for 38%
Body language accounts for 55%

These numbers vary between theorists but they agree that the actual words we say are a very small amount of the communication we engage in.

Last edited: