• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am done with Trump discussions

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
How Republicans win presidential elections, according to the factual record: They cheat.​
This has been true in most elections in recent American history, as I’ll detail below. But let’s start with a few examples from this election.​
Last week, young voters in Wisconsin (it’s not known how many) received a text message that read: “WARNING: Violating WI Statutes 12.13 & 6.18 may result in fines up to $10,000 or 3.5 years in prison. Don’t vote in a state where you’re not eligible.” Those are sections of Wisconsin law that refer to absentee voting and the consequences of election fraud, but they could have been about jaywalking. The point was just to scare college students from out of state into thinking they can’t vote.​
This is an old GOP trick. When I was a young reporter in New York, I remember instances of fliers being tucked under parked cars’ windshield wipers with messages like “WARNING: If you aren’t up to date on your utility bills, it is illegal to vote.” In Black neighborhoods, naturally. I’d imagine we’ll see a lot of this kind of thing come Election Day.​
But this year, we’ll see far worse than that. Election workers, as we know, are terrified. A recent Brennan Center survey found that 38 percent of election workers had received some kind of threat. In Durham County, North Carolina, they’re installing bulletproof glass at election headquarters and equipping poll workers with panic buttons. Will armed MAGA vigilantes be showing up at polling places in Black neighborhoods in the major cities of swing states? I’d be shocked at this point if some don’t. I hope the police are ready.​
Perhaps the Democrats should respond in kind by emailing the video of Trump telling his voters to make sure that they vote on January 5th. A note of a special day for Trump votes may help.

Shaul

Premium Member
And which one of your "answers" fits the definition of woman?
That's right, not a single one.
Every one of those I mentioned met the definition of woman you gave. Which was the point. Your definition is rubbish.
So all you have done here is reveal you do not have any real point.
You are just whining to hear you own voice.

Oh, you so got me.
What is YOUR definition of woman?
A human without a Y chromosome.
You asked for a definition.
I knew before I replied that there is no definition that you will not do even more whining about.

So what is YOUR definition of woman?
You are being redundant. Asked and answered.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Looking over this thread and the million other threads about Trump, I wonder if we'll ever be done with Trump discussions. If Trump loses, there will be Trump discussions. If Trump wins, there will be Trump discussions. Decades, possibly even centuries from now, there will be Trump discussions.

Pogo

Looking over this thread and the million other threads about Trump, I wonder if we'll ever be done with Trump discussions. If Trump loses, there will be Trump discussions. If Trump wins, there will be Trump discussions. Decades, possibly even centuries from now, there will be Trump discussions.
The honest hope is that they will be no bigger news than discussions of the nepotism involved in the Adam's presidencies, but people are still arguing whether Obama was born in Kenya. :(

Shaul

Premium Member
Sorry, reality says otherwise.
Which doesn't disprove the definition. Instead of using Wikipedia you might try something more authoritative such as the government genome web site or the NCBI of the NIH.

"he X and Y chromosomes, also known as the sex chromosomes, determine the biological sex of an individual: females inherit an X chromosome from the father for a XX genotype, while males inherit a Y chromosome from the father for a XY genotype (mothers only pass on X chromosomes)."
The Y chromosome: beyond gender determination).

"Primary sex determination is the determination of the gonads. In mammals, primary sex determination is strictly chromosomal and is not usually influenced by the environment. In most cases, the female is XX and the male is XY. Every individual must have at least one X chromosome. Since the female is XX, each of her eggs has a single X chromosome. The male, being XY, can generate two types of sperm: half bear the X chromosome, half the Y. If the egg receives another X chromosome from the sperm, the resulting individual is XX, forms ovaries, and is female; if the egg receives a Y chromosome from the sperm, the individual is XY, forms testes, and is male. The Y chromosome carries a gene that encodes a testis-determining factor. This factor organizes the gonad into a testis rather than an ovary. Unlike the situation in Drosophila (discussed below), the mammalian Y chromosome is a crucial factor for determining sex in mammals. A person with five X chromosomes and one Y chromosome (XXXXXY) would be male."
Chromosomal Sex Determination in Mammals - Developmental Biology - NCBI Bookshelf.

Shaul

Premium Member
From your own link and post, yes, I will agree with the NCBI bookshelf, but you need to learn to read English, There are exceptions and arguing from ignorance and presupposed biases can often lead one into error.
You took the quote out of context. Try re-reading it in context. It says the opposite of what you wrote.

Argentbear

Which doesn't disprove the definition.
Actually it does. You tried (and failed to define a woman as a human without a Y Chromosome. As pointed out there are millions of men who don't have a Y chromosome. These men are not women, your attempt to define "woman" failed
Instead of using Wikipedia you might try something more authoritative such as the government genome web site or the NCBI of the NIH.

"he X and Y chromosomes, also known as the sex chromosomes, determine the biological sex of an individual: females inherit an X chromosome from the father for a XX genotype, while males inherit a Y chromosome from the father for a XY genotype (mothers only pass on X chromosomes)."

"Primary sex determination is the determination of the gonads. In mammals, primary sex determination is strictly chromosomal and is not usually influenced by the environment. In most cases, the female is XX and the male is XY. Every individual must have at least one X chromosome. Since the female is XX, each of her eggs has a single X chromosome. The male, being XY, can generate two types of sperm: half bear the X chromosome, half the Y. If the egg receives another X chromosome from the sperm, the resulting individual is XX, forms ovaries, and is female; if the egg receives a Y chromosome from the sperm, the individual is XY, forms testes, and is male. The Y chromosome carries a gene that encodes a testis-determining factor. This factor organizes the gonad into a testis rather than an ovary. Unlike the situation in Drosophila (discussed below), the mammalian Y chromosome is a crucial factor for determining sex in mammals. A person with five X chromosomes and one Y chromosome (XXXXXY) would be male."
Chromosomal Sex Determination in Mammals - Developmental Biology - NCBI Bookshelf.
None of which addresses the fact that there are millions of men with no Y chromosome.

Shaul

Premium Member
No, you took the pop-sci front page description as the totality of understanding as is typical of non-scientists, this is a common failing of absolutist thinkers who often subscribe to beiefs without evidence.
I quoted a sufficient amount from credible, authoritative government sources based on the best science and provided links to the original materials for those that want more of their content. Your objection is absurd.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Which doesn't disprove the definition. Instead of using Wikipedia you might try something more authoritative such as the government genome web site or the NCBI of the NIH.

Yeah , you missed the phrase "not usually". And then in the very next sentence your article refutes you again:

" In most cases, the female is XX and the male is XY. "

Did you see the opening phrase? "In most cases". Another example going the other way from @Pogo 's is Swyer's Syndrome. That is when a person with XY chromosomes is born with a vagina, a uterus, and even fallopian tubes:

In most cases, the female is XX and the male is XY.