• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am sceptical of the Skeptics. Is it wrong?

Aquitaine

the verse doesn't mention the SPERM at all.
the literal translation of the verse is:
Fal yann zuril insaanu mim maa khuliq. Khuliqa mim Maain min Daafiq. yakhruju mim baini tsulbi wat taraa'ib.
(Let man look at (and bear in mind) the substance he is created from! (He is) created from the surging fluid, which springs from between the spine and the ribs! 86:5-7)

Maain =liquid, fluid, juice, water ; (it doesn't say SPERM).
Daafiq =anything that flows out, gushes out, pours out, wells out, sheds.(From the Hans Wehr Arabic to English Dictionary)

The verse 25:53 doesn't say all THE SALT WATER AND THE FRESH water don't mix. The Quran simply inform us that there is a phenomena where the ocean is separated into two portions: the fresh and the salt water. And yes it is exist in this world.

1) What exactly do you think that gushing fluid that creates babies is? xD
2) A "prohibiting partition" implies they cannot mix, when in reality they can.

Parsimony

Only if one observes some anomaly with the normal/natural, then to doubt is positive.
Regards
And skepticism goes about determining what is normal or natural by rational evaluation of evidence. What's wrong with that?
the verse doesn't mention the SPERM at all.
the literal translation of the verse is:
Fal yann zuril insaanu mim maa khuliq. Khuliqa mim Maain min Daafiq. yakhruju mim baini tsulbi wat taraa'ib.
(Let man look at (and bear in mind) the substance he is created from! (He is) created from the surging fluid, which springs from between the spine and the ribs! 86:5-7)

Maain =liquid, fluid, juice, water ; (it doesn't say SPERM).
Daafiq =anything that flows out, gushes out, pours out, wells out, sheds.(From the Hans Wehr Arabic to English Dictionary)
If not sperm, then what fluid is it talking about?

Aquitaine

If not sperm then what fluid is it talking about? I don't know, go figure.
More reason why trying to attain "divine knowledge" through scripture is pointless. Weren't you saying earlier that you base your belief in Islam off of how one can simply read the Quran without errors? Yet here you are, struggling to interpret a passage from your own holy book,

use_your_brain

More reason why trying to attain "divine knowledge" through scripture is pointless. Weren't you saying earlier that you base your belief in Islam off of how one can simply read the Quran without errors? Yet here you are, struggling to interpret a passage from your own holy book,
I don't interpret the Quran/verse. I translate it. you do talk about SPERM yet the verse doesn't mention sperm.

Aquitaine

1. OKay then.
2. Yes salt water and fresh water mix.
So we can safely conclude then, that the Quran was wrong on these two points at least? I trust we don't have to go over the third point, since I assume you already know that we are not made from or of clay?

use_your_brain

So we can safely conclude then, that the Quran was wrong on these two points at least? I trust we don't have to go over the third point, since I assume you already know that we are not made from or of clay?
yes we can conclude that Quran was wrong if it was contradicted with the science or the facts.

Aquitaine

I don't interpret the Quran/verse. I translate it. you do talk about SPERM yet the verse doesn't mention sperm.
Since you stated earlier the importance of relying on the scripture directly, without support from Imams, Priests, Rabbis etc, what exactly does the verse mention then if not sperm?

use_your_brain

Since you stated earlier the importance of relying on the scripture directly, without support from Imams, Priests, Rabbis etc, what exactly does the verse mention then if not sperm?
I don't know what suppose the verse mentions exactly. is it about sperm? I don't know.

Aquitaine

If you able to prove it then yes it does contradict the science. can you?

Okay, the fact that sperm is produced in the testicles (a medical fact) and the fact that Saltwater and Freshwater do indeed mix, are you seriously going to deny these?

Do you want me to also provide evidence to show that Humans are not made from clay?
Honestly, the lengths some literalists will go to cling onto their scripture is incredible.

I don't know what suppose the verse mentions exactly. is it about sperm? I don't know.

What good is a God's book if it can't even be correctly understood by the intended audience?