• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am sceptical of the Skeptics. Is it wrong?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Did I say that my religion is true because I was born into it?
Which religions should I study?
Which scriptures outside Islam state that their religions are true? I had never found in Torah states that Judaism is the true religion.
nor in the Bible that says Christianity is the true one, nor in Hindu's, Buddhis's and so on
Do you mean that the criteria of a true religion is that?:
  1. The scripture here would be a revealed scripture from G-d, if it is a revealed religion.
  2. It should have a claim in its scripture that it presents the true religion.
  3. It should support its claim with reasonable and brilliant arguments.
Nobody would object if that is the criteria of a true religion, I am sure.
Anybody who disagrees with it?
Regards

Last edited:

use_your_brain

Do you mean that the criteria of a true religion is that?:
  1. It should have a claim in its scripture that it presents the true religion.
  2. It should support its claim with reasonable and brilliant arguments.
Nobody would object if that is the criteria of a true religion, I am sure.
Anybody who disagrees with it?
Regards
Then what is your criteria of the true religion?

Last edited:

Midnight Rain

Why? Please
Regards
Skeptical of the skeptics? Of the people that are skeptical? Skeptical of what per se? Always be skeptical. Its a good way to be. But if you mean in that you are skeptical of the people who are skeptical of your beliefs what does that mean for your beliefs? Are you skeptical of skepticism or just those hat don't agree with you?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Errr..... practically all of them state as such. Out of curiosity, is the primary criteria for you judging a religion as "true" based off whether or not its scripture says so? If that's the case then you should be believing pretty much every religion as true, including Scientology.
Further to my Post #162
The Scientology don't claim to be a revealed religion; do they? Please
So, they have no scripture.
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Then what is your criteria of the true religion?
If it is revealed religion then it should have as I stated :
  1. The scripture here would be a revealed scripture from G-d, if it is a revealed religion.
I think everybody would agree with it. Anybody who differs with me? Please
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Skeptical of the skeptics? Of the people that are skeptical? Skeptical of what per se? Always be skeptical. Its a good way to be. But if you mean in that you are skeptical of the people who are skeptical of your beliefs what does that mean for your beliefs? Are you skeptical of skepticism or just those hat don't agree with you?
One did not note the spellings. The sceptical is one who doubts if observes anomalies in the normal/natural happenings/events. The Skeptics are the people who doubt everything even if there is no anomaly they had observed, so they would doubt even if there is no reason to doubt. I am not one of them, certainly. Since they have deviated from the normal/natural, so I have to be sceptical of them.
Right? Please
Regards

use_your_brain

That isn't the official sit for the RCC, and it clearly says that it is not included in the canonical scriptures. So, your own source proves you wrong. Remember that the Gospel of Peter is a completely different text. The book in question is not considered divine or accurate by the RCC.

my bad.

That Roman Catholic site says:
"The Apocalypse of Peter...still exist today. At one time they were considered to be inspired and canonical. Anyone can read these and spiritually profit
by them. These books are witnesses to, and help make up, what is called Tradition. They are testimonies of the Holy Spirit working in the People of God. "

It says also:
"still others were considered inspired in various places and at different times, such as the Apocalypse of Peter, and Barnabas. "

Last edited:

use_your_brain

Regards
Good, then we have to search that true religion.

Jumi

It would be hard because first we would have to prove such God exists who could give revelation. Scripture is just what happened, there's no other reason to believe it's needed except claims by book religions. The reasonable arguments I'm always looking forward to. Brilliant arguments I'm still waiting for.

I think people who believe in revelation religions would agree with you.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
my bad.

That Roman Catholic site says:
"The Apocalypse of Peter...still exist today. At one time they were considered to be inspired and canonical. Anyone can read these and spiritually profit
by them. These books are witnesses to, and help make up, what is called Tradition. They are testimonies of the Holy Spirit working in the People of God. "

It says also:
"still others were considered inspired in various places and at different times, such as the Apocalypse of Peter, and Barnabas. "
Fair enough, but it still is not considered scripture. And, the RCC certainly does not accept any notion that Jesus was not crucified and rose from the dead.

use_your_brain

Fair enough, but it still is not considered scripture. And, the RCC certainly does not accept any notion that Jesus was not crucified and rose from the dead.
At least the community of Catholic accept and believe that revelation of peter is the inspired, canonical one, and testimony of the Holy Spirit.

The Traditional Roman Catholic Network
"The Independent Voice of Traditional Roman Catholicism since 1994"
And Virtual Encyclopædia of Traditional Catholicism

The First Site on the Internet for Traditional Roman Catholics
More Readers than Any Other Traditional Roman Catholic Site*

The TRADITIO Network was designated as "the English-speaking world's strongest site for Tradition" by the French traditional Catholic organization.
alexa.jpg
*The TRADITIO Network was determined by a statistical survey to be the most popular and longest-existing traditional Roman Catholic web site on the internet.
awardbri.jpg
The TRADITIO Network was selected by the editors of the Encyclopædia Britannica as "one of the best on the internet when reviewed for quality, accuracy of content, presentation, and usability."
awardcat.jpg
The TRADITIO Network was selected to receive the Catholic Award as "a quality Catholic Web site and for outstanding efforts made in propagating the Catholic Faith." The criteria were Catholic content, overall quality, navigability, and design appeal.
awardmar.jpg
The TRADITIO Network was selected to receive the Mary Award from Holland as "a quality Catholic Web site of great Catholic thought that contains a great love for the Blessed Virgin Mary."

leibowde84

Veteran Member
At least the community of Catholic accept and believe that revelation of peter is the inspired, canonical one, and testimony of the Holy Spirit.

This is not true, which was explicitly stated in the source YOU provided. It is not considered as canonical. You need to re-read, buddy. There is not a single official RCC statement that acknowledges that Jesus was not crucified. It is absolutely central and necessary to the RCC. Nice try though.

leibowde84

Veteran Member

The TRADITIO Network was designated as "the English-speaking world's strongest site for Tradition" by the French traditional Catholic organization.
alexa.jpg
*The TRADITIO Network was determined by a statistical survey to be the most popular and longest-existing traditional Roman Catholic web site on the internet.
awardbri.jpg
The TRADITIO Network was selected by the editors of the Encyclopædia Britannica as "one of the best on the internet when reviewed for quality, accuracy of content, presentation, and usability."
awardcat.jpg
The TRADITIO Network was selected to receive the Catholic Award as "a quality Catholic Web site and for outstanding efforts made in propagating the Catholic Faith." The criteria were Catholic content, overall quality, navigability, and design appeal.
awardmar.jpg
The TRADITIO Network was selected to receive the Mary Award from Holland as "a quality Catholic Web site of great Catholic thought that contains a great love for the Blessed Virgin Mary."
Honestly, I don't know a single Christian who believes that Jesus wasn't crucified.

use_your_brain

Honestly, I don't know a single Christian who believes that Jesus wasn't crucified.
Good, then you already just knew, right now, that there is a community in Catholic that accept the Revelation of Peter. Where, the revelation of Peter to be precise reject and oppose the crucifixion of Jesus.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Good, then you already just knew, right now, that there is a community in Catholic that accept the Revelation of Peter. Where, the revelation of Peter to be precise reject and oppose the crucifixion of Jesus.
You have yet to show any indication of any Catholic group accepting the revelation of Peter as scripture. In fact, your source explicitly stated that it was not considered to be scripture.

Midnight Rain

One did not note the spellings. The sceptical is one who doubts if observes anomalies in the normal/natural happenings/events. The Skeptics are the people who doubt everything even if there is no anomaly they had observed, so they would doubt even if there is no reason to doubt. I am not one of them, certainly. Since they have deviated from the normal/natural, so I have to be sceptical of them.
Right? Please
Regards
That is mostly nonsensical. Nihilism which is the extreme form of skepticism which doubts everything even themselves, their existence ect. However being skeptical simply means that you don't take everything at face value without questioning for verification. That is the natural form of people. It is rational distrust. I too am skeptical of nihilists in their ventures but not of skeptics alone.