• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I and the father are one.

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
I'm just saying, per his own words, what he meant by being God's son, was not a polytheistic equation of himself on the level of God. It was how Jews understood similar phrases of exalted ones of the past. And similarly, when he says God and him are one. He didn't mean in trinity way. This is clear per his owns, they were decontextualizing him.
You should also press the point that TWO does not make a Trinity.

101G

God sends forth His spirit ( Not a person ) - Psalm 104:30
God is a Spirit, and he's EVERYWHERE. THINK, send? it's for you to try to understand God Work, or working. it is us who is stagnated at a certain point in time and space. LISTEN and try to UNDERSTAND...... Jeremiah 23:23 "Am I a God at hand, saith the LORD, and not a God afar off?" Jeremiah 23:24 "Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD."

if God fills heaven and earth .... THINK where is he going to go or be sent? ...... THINK.... ok.

101G.

101G

Like us and God's spirit, I find Jesus' spirit is an "it" and Not a person.- Ecclesiastes 12:7 B
where do it say the spirit that returns to God is a IT? but as 101G said, and will show you what is a it, ......... 1 Corinthians 15:35 "But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?" 1 Corinthians 15:36 "Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:" (WHAT WAS SOWN? A NATURAL BODY) 1 Corinthians 15:37 "And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:" 1 Corinthians 15:38 "But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body." Man, human man does not create this new form, but God gives it, (a BODY), but God gives the body to it, the SEED that was sown. as said, " but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain". so it, it, it, is quicken, or CHANGED so the resurrection of the dead is God's work, as said, ""But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body."

101G

101G

God is a Spirit person. God pours out His spirit which is Not a person - Psalm 104:29-30; Acts 2:17-18
nonsense, God Spirit is him. Listen and Learn.... Acts 5:1 "But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession," Acts 5:2 "And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet." Acts 5:3 "But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?"

one doesn't LIE to a IT... Hello?
Thus there is a difference between Spirit and spirit.
just as there is a difference between "LORD", "Lord", and "lord". Let's explain/

Spirit, God who is "LORD", and Lord". and there is only ONE "Spirit" ... now do you see the Difference? if not, listen. "LORD" is the same one Spirit, SHARED in the ECHAD as "Lord" in a G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō') state in flesh bone and blood, per (Philippians 26 & 7). hence the Spiritual state, "spirit".

Now, "Lord" is the same one "spirit" Glorified in the ECHAD, (per his resurrection), in the Amalgamation of his OWN Spirit, per (John 17:5). ... (smile) .... :cool: YIKES! ..... this is Just too easy not to understand.

see U, 101G gave scriptures to back up what he said.

You said God was a IT, now a Spirit Person, make up your mind.....

see, "spirit" come from God that is below him, but ius in his Image to be like him, but not him. for there is ONLY "ONE" Father, and we're his Children, hence the "spirit", those in Christ.

101G

101G

Cars and ships are 'its' but often referred to as a ' she ' and they do Not go on after they 'die'.
Our spirit is Not a he or a her but an " it " - Ecclesiastes 12:7 B
Like the car or ship our "it" is Not a living person.
As a foreclosed house (it) does Not move but it is simply returned back to the owner's hands.
So, our 'it' returns to God's safe hands until Resurrection Day.- John 6:40,44
Meaning: Jesus' coming Millennium-Long Day of governing over Earth for one-thousand years.
When the righteous and unrighteous will be resurrected - Acts 24:15 - (KJV uses just and unjust )
understand the different in Gender and in Function..... please.

101G

101G

Question for @101G - do you think that Jesus was covered with human flesh and then that died when Jesus was killed and then he got a new cover? I mean, do you believe something of Jesus continued living after "he," (or his fleshly cover) died and then he got a new cover for himself? Otherwise -- what would happen, do you think, if Jesus had no cover?
Cover? (smile), yes, a vesture, or OUTTER GARMENT, YES. is your cloths you? no, nor is your body. it, it, it, is your temple, house where you dwell at. and yes, the spirit never dies, for yes, Jesus continues in spirit, (which he is), and we have scripture for that. where do you think or believe by the scriptures where he went for three days and nights before he rose up his own body?? let's check the record. 1 Peter 3:19 "By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;" 1 Peter 3:20 "Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water."
he went into the LowerEarth after his death, ,,, WHY? .... 1 Peter 4:6 "For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit."

then he ascended and put on his NEW ... as you say Covering, (smile), or vesture, or NEW GLORIFIED BODY. supportive scripture, Ephesians 4:8 "Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men." Ephesians 4:9 "(Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?"

let's see it. Matthew 12:40 "For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth." ................... Matthew 17:22 "And while they abode in Galilee, Jesus said unto them, The Son of man shall be betrayed into the hands of men:" Matthew 17:23 "And they shall kill him, and the third day he shall be raised again. And they were exceeding sorry."
\
so, yes, the Lord Jesus, the spirit continue. only his body diued in, in, in, this LIFE, or World. REMEMBER what our brother James said, "The BODY, the BODY, (out cloths), without the spirit is what? DEAT, so, Jesus as a MAN ,,,, in, in, the Land of the Living DIED a NATURAL DEATH..... Loss of Blood for the "LIFE" of the Flesh, Flesh, Flesh... Body is in the Blood. Leviticus 17:11 "For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul."

to LIVE IN THIS "CREATED" WORLD, ONE NEEDS .... BLOOD. as said which is the first death of the BODY, and not the spirit. understand NOW?

first death is the Body... body... body.

101G.

101G

So you are saying that there are two Jesus’s.
did I? ... (smile) ...LOL
You are saying that the first Jesus is an advocate and the second advocate is another (a second) Jesus?
did I?
And so when Jesus says, ‘I will send you another advocate to be with you forever’, you are saying that Jesus (1) is saying he will send another that is himself (Jesus 2)
did I? .... (smile) .... I really didn't know how IGNORANT you really were. Listen to who is with us LISTEN, Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:" Matthew 28:20 "Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

do you UNDERSTAND NOW? if not, let's pout it in Layman's term.

A. who is with us? John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;"

B. Matthew 28:20 "Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

now think, use a little deductive reasoning... the COMFORTER is the Lord JESUS.... Yea, by George I think he got it. see how simple the scriptures are.....

101G.

Soapy

did I? ... (smile) ...LOL

did I?

did I? .... (smile) .... I really didn't know how IGNORANT you really were. Listen to who is with us LISTEN, Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:" Matthew 28:20 "Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

do you UNDERSTAND NOW? if not, let's pout it in Layman's term.

A. who is with us? John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;"

B. Matthew 28:20 "Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

now think, use a little deductive reasoning... the COMFORTER is the Lord JESUS.... Yea, by George I think he got it. see how simple the scriptures are.....

101G.
So are you saying that Jesus (J1), just before he was to be taken up to Heaven by Jesus (J0), told the disciples that he was going to send them ANOTHER Jesus (J2)?

101G

So are you saying that Jesus (J1), just before he was to be taken up to Heaven by Jesus (J0), told the disciples that he was going to send them ANOTHER Jesus (J2)?
no, get it Right..... Jesus the Ordinal Last, title Son, before he ASENDED, (AND NOT TAKEN). told them this, and please READ the scriptures. John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;" HOLD IT, DID NOT THE LORD JESUS SAY, Matthew 28:20 "Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen." John 14:17 "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you." YOU MISSED THAT TOO? he, he, he, dwellth with you... (PRESENT TENSE)... my God how Ignorant can one be. he just told you he is the ONE to come, but in Spirit, listen, " and shall be in you." FUTURE TENSE... Oh my, my, my.....if you didn't get it there ... I know you cannot miss it here next verse. John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you." if one cannot see it now they are blind and blind. he said I, I, I, I, will COME to YOU. How plain can one get. do we need pictures?

101G

Soapy

no, get it Right..... Jesus the Ordinal Last, title Son, before he ASENDED, (AND NOT TAKEN). told them this, and please READ the scriptures. John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;" HOLD IT, DID NOT THE LORD JESUS SAY, Matthew 28:20 "Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen." John 14:17 "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you." YOU MISSED THAT TOO? he, he, he, dwellth with you... (PRESENT TENSE)... my God how Ignorant can one be. he just told you he is the ONE to come, but in Spirit, listen, " and shall be in you." FUTURE TENSE... Oh my, my, my.....if you didn't get it there ... I know you cannot miss it here next verse. John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you." if one cannot see it now they are blind and blind. he said I, I, I, I, will COME to YOU. How plain can one get. do we need pictures?

101G
That’s exactly what I asked if that was what you were saying: Three Jesus’s….!

Remember that it is you who said that Jesus is the Father, Jesus is the Son, and Jesus is the Holy Spirit.,. Which echoes that diagram I presented to you … which is how modalist present their belief…

So Jesus (0) is the Father.
Jesus (1) is the Son.
And Jesus (2) is the holy Spirit.

If this isn’t what you are saying then show me how Jesus (0) wasn’t the one who raised up Jesus (1) from the dead and sent Jesus (2) to replace Jesus (1) as the advocated to be with the apostles eternally.

You keep saying that Jesus (1) was the one who said that he would be Jesus (2) - the eternal advocator - yet it was Jesus (1) who said ‘the Father (Jesus (0) in your language) WILL SEND YOU ANOTHER ADVOCATOR’.
But you say that this ‘ANOTHER’ is the same Jesus (1) who was with them and was now leaving… How can Jesus (1) be the ‘ANOTHER’. You stated the definition of ‘Another’ as being ‘Of the same type’… but not the SAME ONE!

101G

That’s exactly what I asked if that was what you were saying: Three Jesus’s….!
no, you IGNORANTLY did not understand. "ONE".... "ONE" Jesus ONLY in a ECHAD. understand now?

Remember that it is you who said that Jesus is the Father, Jesus is the Son, and Jesus is the Holy Spirit.,. Which echoes that diagram I presented to you … which is how modalist present their belief…
ERROR, see above, and my diagram.... (smile).... :cool:
So Jesus (0) is the Father.
Jesus (1) is the Son.
And Jesus (2) is the holy Spirit.
again No, don't be silly. LISTEN and UNDERSTAND. Jesus is the Spirit that holds the Titles Father and Son in an ECHAD of Equal Share of his OWN-SELF. ....... ;) so get that nonsense of 1 Jesus 2 Jesus, and three out of your head.
If this isn’t what you are saying then show me how Jesus (0) wasn’t the one who raised up Jesus (1) from the dead and sent Jesus (2) to replace Jesus (1) as the advocated to be with the apostles eternally.
see all the above.
You keep saying that Jesus (1)
101G keep on say JESUS, so ... U drop that 1 and apply what 101G is saying instead thinking what 101G might have said.....

now Last time ...... Jesus is ONE person, Spirit.... and HOLY.... hence Holy Spirit. and this KNE PERSON in the ECHAD of himself as the EQUAL SHARE is the First, Ordinal Fist, title Father, and "LORD". and this same JESUS, the EQUAL SHARE is the Last, the Ordinal Last. title, Son, and "Lord".

we suggest you copy and past this because 101G will not repeat this again to U. ....... because else, you can stay in darkness... :eek: Yikes!

But you say that this ‘ANOTHER’ is the same Jesus (1) who was with them and was now leaving… How can Jesus (1) be the ‘ANOTHER’. You stated the definition of ‘Another’ as being ‘Of the same type’… but not the SAME ONE!
are you that IGNORANT? did JESUS come in Flesh on the day of Pentecost, or did he "MANIFEST" himself in the Spiritual gifts. let's see.

John 14:21 "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him."

and he did on the day of Pentecost.

101G.

Soapy

no, you IGNORANTLY did not understand. "ONE".... "ONE" Jesus ONLY in a ECHAD. understand now?

ERROR, see above, and my diagram.... (smile).... :cool:

again No, don't be silly. LISTEN and UNDERSTAND. Jesus is the Spirit that holds the Titles Father and Son in an ECHAD of Equal Share of his OWN-SELF. ....... ;) so get that nonsense of 1 Jesus 2 Jesus, and three out of your head.

see all the above.

101G keep on say JESUS, so ... U drop that 1 and apply what 101G is saying instead thinking what 101G might have said.....

now Last time ...... Jesus is ONE person, Spirit.... and HOLY.... hence Holy Spirit. and this KNE PERSON in the ECHAD of himself as the EQUAL SHARE is the First, Ordinal Fist, title Father, and "LORD". and this same JESUS, the EQUAL SHARE is the Last, the Ordinal Last. title, Son, and "Lord".

we suggest you copy and past this because 101G will not repeat this again to U. ....... because else, you can stay in darkness... :eek: Yikes!

are you that IGNORANT? did JESUS come in Flesh on the day of Pentecost, or did he "MANIFEST" himself in the Spiritual gifts. let's see.

John 14:21 "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him."

and he did on the day of Pentecost.

101G.
I thought that what appeared on the day of Pentecost in the upper room was ‘The Gift of The Father’…
  • ‘Wait in Jerusalem until you receive what my Father has promised you - the Holy Spirit’ (paraphrased)
So who is the Father and what is the Holy Spirit that is a gift from the Father?

Isn’t the Holy Spirit the same Holy Spirit from the Father that was used to anoint Jesus at the river Jordan?

But if you say the Holy Spirit is Jesus and that the Father is Jesus, … then there are three Jesus’….!!!!

And you are saying that Jesus anointed himself with the Jesus from Jesus!

And you say, jesus said: ‘I am going to my Jesus, and your jesus: to my jesus and your jesus’.

Thank you. You are an enlightening force in this forum!

101G

I thought that what appeared on the day of Pentecost in the upper room was ‘The Gift of The Father’…
can you not read? Jesus is the Father... my God what's wrong with people understanding.
‘Wait in Jerusalem until you receive what my Father has promised you - the Holy Spirit’ (paraphrased)
Acts 2:33 "Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear."

when did nhe recieved of the Father, the Ordinal First? answer, John 17:5 "And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was."

what is the Father "OWN-SELF?", answer... "SPIRIT". .... do we need to used pictures? and there is only ONE Spirit, MY GOD how hard is it to understand.

his own-self is him, supportive scripture... Isaiah 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me."

his, his, his, OWN, OWN, OWN, ARM. oh my....

101G.

Soapy

can you not read? Jesus is the Father... my God what's wrong with people understanding.

Acts 2:33 "Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear."

when did nhe recieved of the Father, the Ordinal First? answer, John 17:5 "And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was."

what is the Father "OWN-SELF?", answer... "SPIRIT". .... do we need to used pictures? and there is only ONE Spirit, MY GOD how hard is it to understand.

his own-self is him, supportive scripture... Isaiah 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me."

his, his, his, OWN, OWN, OWN, ARM. oh my....

101G.
Oh, I see. Jesus is himself in the three cases!

So the Father, who is Jesus, anointed himself, who is Jesus, with holy spiritual, which is Jesus!

Ah, that makes sense! So there are not three Jesus’s since all three Jesus’s are one Jesus!

Now I see where you get your ideology.

101G

Oh, I see. Jesus is himself in the three cases!
where in the world are you getting three from? are you LISTING?
do U know what ONE means in an ECHAD that is God?

So the Father, who is Jesus, anointed himself, who is Jesus, with holy spiritual, which is Jesus!
How IGNORANT, see above.
Ah, that makes sense! So there are not three Jesus’s since all three Jesus’s are one Jesus!
IGNORANT, see above, and above.
Now I see where you get your ideology.
see? you cannot even see your own nose in front of your eyes. I have see some IGNORANT people in my life, but this take the cake.

ok, soapy. is this the same one person or not....... Isaiah 66:22 "For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain."

now this, Revelation 21:5 "And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful."

is this the same one person who make all thing new, both heaven and earth? your answer please.

101G.

Soapy

where in the world are you getting three from? are you LISTING?
do U know what ONE means in an ECHAD that is God?

How IGNORANT, see above.

IGNORANT, see above, and above.

see? you cannot even see your own nose in front of your eyes. I have see some IGNORANT people in my life, but this take the cake.

ok, soapy. is this the same one person or not....... Isaiah 66:22 "For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain."

now this, Revelation 21:5 "And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful."

is this the same one person who make all thing new, both heaven and earth? your answer please.

101G.
In Revelation, Who is ‘He that sat on the throne’ (1), and who is ‘the lamb looking as though slaughtered’(2) in front and centre of the throne among the elders and kings(3)?

101G

In Revelation, Who is ‘He that sat on the throne’ (1), and who is ‘the lamb looking as though slaughtered’(2) in front and centre of the throne among the elders and kings(3)?
101G asked is the person in Isaiah 66:22 is the same one person who sits on the throne in Rev 21 YES or No..... your answer please.

101G

Soapy

101G asked is the person in Isaiah 66:22 is the same one person who sits on the throne in Rev 21 YES or No..... your answer please.

101G
So you won’t answer to the question I asked you?

The Father; God; YHWH, is the one who is sitting on the throne.

Jesus Christ is the Lamb looking as though slaughtered. Jesus is one among mankind - the kings of the earth and the elders (likely the saints)

So how is Jesus (I presume that’s what you are implying!!) sitting on the throne AND standing in front and centre of that sand throne visualised as a slaughtered lamb?

101G

The Father; God; YHWH, is the one who is sitting on the throne.
good, now, book chapter and verse of the Name of the Person who GAVE the Father "POWER", for he who sits on the THRONE received POWER. supportive scripture, Revelation 4:10 "The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying," Revelation 4:11 "Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created."

now soapy, you said the Father God YHWH sits on the Throne, so post book chapter, and verse as to WHO Gave the Father YHWH ... "POWER" 101G will be looking for that book, chapter, and verse please.

101G.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
That Jesus and the Father were not one is obvious. The Gospel itself declares that there were things that only the Father knows, and not the Son. Which would not be possible if the Son and The Father were one.

So, it follows from simple logic that they are not one. And that, therefore, Christianity is de-facto polytheistic.

Ciao

- viole