• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I and the father are one.

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
LOL, LOL, LOL, Hold on until I STOP laughing. stop being silly. LISTEN and LEARN, Isaiah 48:12 "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last." Isaiah 48:13 "Mine hand also hath laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heavens: when I call unto them, they stand up together."

the First who is also the Last? yes the same one PERSON. was not the First ... "WITH" .... the Last? let's see, Isaiah 41:4 "Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he." the First is ... "WITH" .... the Last but yest is the First and the Last..... (smile)..... How IGNORANT can one be not to understand. now who is the First and the Last.... drum roll please...

1. Revelation 1:11 "Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea." THIS IS JESUS. see the "AND" , now this
Isaiah 44:6 "Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God."

2. Revelation 1:17 "And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:" Revelation 1:18 "I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death." THIS IS JUST 2 EASY NOT TO UNDERSTAND.

3. Revelation 2:8 "And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;"

my God .... must we go on? common sense has to kick in sometime, somewhere.

YHWH in the OT is the LORD who is the ONE TRUE GOD is JESUS, the FIRST and the LAST. and in the NT the Lord who is the ONE TRUE GOD who is JESUS, is the FIRST and the LAST.

THIS IS THE ECHAD IN PLAIN VIEW. and yet men are still blind. even Ray Charles can see this.

101G.
“First and last” just means ‘the only [one]’.

YHWH is the only God for the Israelites.

YHWH is the first and last God of the Jews… there is no other if He is the first and the last.

The fact you apply gestures of laughter shows you are embarrassed at your own beliefs. When you see the truth it gives you a weird feeling that expresses itself as laughter. Nervous laughter can happen in a difficult or uncomfortable situation which is exactly what you just did!

Soapy

@Soapy,
can you answer? once again, and 101G can careless about titles. is the Person who Laid the Foundation of the EARTH according to Hebrew 1:10 is the same one person of Zechariah 12:1. a simple yes or no will do. not explanation is needed. only a yes or no.

101G.
Almighty God laid the foundation of the earth and the heavens. He is the Lord (title) who is named as ‘YHWH’ in Psalms 102.

Your English is breaking up which shows high levels of anxiety and frustration. Frustration at realising that you’d game is not panning out like your thought… Anxiety at what you gonna try next.

101G

Hockeycowboy said:
Keep in mind, that after his resurrection, at Matthew 28:18 Jesus said “All authority has been given me.”

Those are not words of someone usurping God’s position (as God would have already had the authority); simply recognition that all authority was “given” to him.

Have a good day, my cousin.

You said
Agreed. Thank you,

so if you agree with Matthew 28:18 was not this the GREAT COMMISSION to gather the people? Acts 8:1 "And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria, except the apostles." Acts 8:2 "And devout men carried Stephen to his burial, and made great lamentation over him." Acts 8:3 "As for Saul, he made havock of the church, entering into every house, and haling men and women committed them to prison." Acts 8:4 "Therefore they that were scattered abroad went every where preaching the word."

for the entire book of acts tells how the gospel went into all the world where Israel was scattered.

101G.

101G

“First and last” just means ‘the only [one]’.

YHWH is the only God for the Israelites.
and JESUS is that only God, and YES, it is JESUS who Laid the Foundation of the Earth ... since you could not answer.
The fact you apply gestures of laughter shows you are embarrassed at your own beliefs.
LOL, LOL, LOL, let 101G completely assure you he's not embarrassed by his beliefs, but yours... :eek: YIKES!.
When you see the truth it gives you a weird feeling that expresses itself as laughter.
No, confidence..... Oh dear......
Almighty God laid the foundation of the earth and the heavens. He is the Lord (title) who is named as ‘YHWH’ in Psalms 102.
so is this almighty God the same one in Hebrews 1:10, as in Zechariah 12:1, yes or No? .... (smile).. Oh my. YOUR ANSWER PLEASE

101G

Sargonski

The history of Abraham may well have started with him in his fathers household worshipping pagan Gods.

But the one true God who later revealed himself to Moses by a name he gave himself (‘YHWH’).

It is true that Abraham could not have known this name BUT the point is that this God who gave his name as ‘YHWH’ IS THE SAME GOD IRRESPECTIVE OF WHAT NAME HE WAS KNOWN BY!!

So, when I said (when scriptures says) that the God of Abraham is ‘YHWH’, this is what I mean… In retrospect.

Understand this in the same way we say, like, ‘John was born …’. Well, when the child was born he WAS NOT JOHN (by name). It was only AT HIS NAMING that he BECAME KNOWN as John. But we refer to him as ‘John’ in retrospect from birth. Check out that we say ultimately, “Abraham” but before that it was ‘Abram’. No one says that ‘Abraham’ is not ‘Abram’!!

So, going by scriptures, even YHWH, himself, says:
  • ‘I am the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob’ (Exodus 3:6, 3:15)
YHWH declares HIMSELF as the deity that Abraham (ultimately) worshipped. YHWH dismisses the past failings of those who were ignorant of their faults.

Kudo's for putting some thought into this question - but you end up not really answering the question

So this God appears to Moses - tells him he was the God of his ancestors - Moses asks "What is your name" -- the God is evasive and answeres "I will be what I will be" "I Am what I Am"

In a historical context we understand this familiar motif - the belief was that if you knew the name of a God you had some power over it - we see a similar dance when Jacob Wrestles with God -- supposedly this same God ..

Moses clearly doesn't know who this God is . and he is probing the identity of this God.. and this God is evasive .. but does tell him . your ancestors did now know me by YHWH .. Yah - Yahu .. but, what ever name this God was using - ABE didn't know it -- Understand ?

So What was the name that Abe did know his God by ? The Bible tells us that the name of this God was EL -Enlil - Ellil -- El Shaddai -- God on High - Most High God -- "The Father" - "Creator" --- and indeed YHWH assumed all these traits .. which was what various sons of El were doing at the time .. El remains Chief God on High -- in the Heavens .. the Battle for Chief God on Earth plays out among his Sons --- as the Bible tells us in great detail

so your claim is that this YHWH God talking to Moses is actually " EL" --- makes perfect sense were this passage and a few others all we had to go on but it is not

El is "The Father" --- Head of the Divine Council --- as told to us in Psalm 82 -- See Also a proper translation of Deut 32:8

Here we have YHWH in the council of the Gods -- acting as prosecutor == accusing the other "Sons of the Supreme one" who is Named as El .. as this is the Council of EL

"I say ye are Gods - All of you - "Sons of the Supreme One" - but you shall die like men .. and with that YHWH inherits the title of Chief God on Earth .. El is still the High one in the Sky though.

So before getting into your explanation of Which God these "Sons of the Supreme one" are ---

Let me hook you up with a proper translation of Deut 32:8

When the Most High gave the nations their inheritance,
when he divided humankind;
he set the bounds of the peoples
according to the number of the children of El,
and the Lord’s portion was his people.
Jacob, the lot of his inheritance.

Once again we have this El Elyon Fellow "Most High" this time he divides up the nations of the Earth among his Sons .. Israel being his Son YHWH's portion "Lord" = YHWH.

So -- clearly the Israelites knew both El and YHWH as two different Gods -- which kind of puts the kabuju into the the claim that El is YHWH - as you wish to claim.

101G

Kudo's for putting some thought into this question - but you end up not really answering the question

So this God appears to Moses - tells him he was the God of his ancestors - Moses asks "What is your name" -- the God is evasive and answeres "I will be what I will be" "I Am what I Am"
God is evasive. are you all that IGNORANT. God gave Moses just what he asked for, and nothing more. Moses asked "WHAT" is your Name, not "WHO" are you in name. my God..... evasive? that like say deceptive. or deceitful . well let it be on your record. as our brother Job said, do not charge God foolishly". well now it has happen.

101G

Sargonski

personal oiponion again... lol, lol, lol.

see above.... because you cannot answer Hebrew 1:10 is respect to Zechariah 12:1 as to who laid the Foundation of the Earth. thought so. until you can answer, your comments are nothing but personal opinions. (smile).... :D ...lol, lol, lol. oh dear.

101G.

Look my Friend --- Your passage from Hebrews has nothing to do with the name of the God that Abraham Worshiped .. .. which was EL .. and is not "Personal Opinion" it is what the Bible says ...

Sargonski

God is evasive. are you all that IGNORANT. God gave Moses just what he asked for, and nothing more. Moses asked "WHAT" is your Name, not "WHO" are you in name. my God..... evasive? that like say deceptive. or deceitful . well let it be on your record. as our brother Job said, do not charge God foolishly". well now it has happen.

101G

Please do not project your nature "IGNORANT" onto me Friend --- Who are the "Sons of the Supreme One" in Psalm 82 .. and which God is the term "Supreme one" referring to

and also these Gods "Sons of the Supreme one" show up in Job .. which you have brought up. Help me out here G -- where are all these Gods comming from ?

101G

Look my Friend --- Your passage from Hebrews has nothing to do with the name of the God that Abraham Worshiped .. .. which was EL .. and is not "Personal Opinion" it is what the Bible says ...
ERROR on your PART. for the Lord is the Title of God... JESUS. because the Name of God to Abraham was "I AM" which is a VERB, and not a NOUN, Listen and Learn,
I AM: H1961 הָיָה hayah (haw-yaw) v.
1. to exist.
2. to be or become.
3. to come into being, i.e. to happen, to occur (always emphatic, and not a mere copula or auxiliary).
[a primitive root]
KJV: beacon, X altogether, be(-come), accomplished, committed, like), break, cause, come (to pass), do, faint, fall, + follow, happen, X have, last, pertain, quit (one-)self, require, X use.
do you see that? I AM: H1961 הָיָה hayah (haw-yaw) v. is a VERB .... Hello? Moses asked "WHAT" is your NAME not "WHO"
what here is a VERB as to "WHAT" he is vs "WHO" he my God man THINK.

let's put this in a Layman's example.... if 101G were to ask you WHAT is the First woman Name? if you say Eve, then you're wrong. now, if 101G were to ask "WHO" in Name is the First woman, then Eve would be correct, because Eve is "WHO" she is in name vs "What" she is name ...... "Adam". see your ERROR now?

101G

101G

Please do not project your nature "IGNORANT" onto me Friend --- Who are the "Sons of the Supreme One" in Psalm 82 .. and which God is the term "Supreme one" referring to

and also these Gods "Sons of the Supreme one" show up in Job .. which you have brought up. Help me out here G -- where are all these Gods comming from ?
LOL, LOL, LOL, again How IGNORANT. the term gods here is in reference to JUDGES.... Human men. Listen, Psalms 82:6 "I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High." NIOW THE VERY NEXT VERSE. Psalms 82:7 "But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes."

NOW WATCH THE LANGUAG, here Hebrew. the Term "God" which can be reference "god".
H430 אֱלֹהִים 'elohiym (el-o-heem') n-m.
אֱלֹהֵי 'elohiy (el-o-hee') [alternate plural]
1. (literally) supreme ones.
2. (hence, in the ordinary sense) gods.
3. (specifically, in the plural, especially with the article) the Supreme God (i.e. the all supreme).
4. (sometimes) supreme, used as a superlative.
5. (occasionally, by way of deference) supreme magistrates, the highest magistrates of the land.

6. (also) the supreme angels (entities of unspecified type).
[plural of H433]
KJV: angels, X exceeding, God (gods)(-dess, -ly), X (very) great, judges, X mighty.
Root(s): H433

next time before you ask something try to find out first.

101G.

Soapy

and JESUS is that only God, and YES, it is JESUS who Laid the Foundation of the Earth ... since you could not answer.

LOL, LOL, LOL, let 101G completely assure you he's not embarrassed by his beliefs, but yours... :eek: YIKES!.

No, confidence..... Oh dear......

so is this almighty God the same one in Hebrews 1:10, as in Zechariah 12:1, yes or No? .... (smile).. Oh my. YOUR ANSWER PLEASE

101G
Do you mean whether Zechariah 12:1 says, ‘YHWH’ created all things?

Yes, that is what the verse in Zechariah is saying.

But ‘Lord’ is NOT A NAME. It is A TITLE.
A Name is personal - a Title is impersonal and whom it applies to is determined by the context. And the context of the verse in Hebrews is that of the verse in Zechariah and Psalms: the Object of the salutation is ‘YHWH’, God.

Zechariah uses the NAME of Him who created all things.

‘YHWH’ is the name that God gave to Moses in the burning bush incident.

The one true God of the Israelites said that NAME (‘YHWH’) is to be His name by which he is to be identified for all eternity.

If you claim that ‘Jesus’ is ‘YHWH then you create an anomaly, a conundrum, a contradiction:
  • Jesus’ is a name
  • YHWH’ is a name
Which name is it that identifies the one true God of the Israelites?

Last edited:

Sargonski

LOL, LOL, LOL, again How IGNORANT. the term gods here is in reference to JUDGES.... Human men. Listen, Psalms 82:6 "I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High." NIOW THE VERY NEXT VERSE. Psalms 82:7 "But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes."

NOW WATCH THE LANGUAG, here Hebrew. the Term "God" which can be reference "god".
H430 אֱלֹהִים 'elohiym (el-o-heem') n-m.
אֱלֹהֵי 'elohiy (el-o-hee') [alternate plural]
1. (literally) supreme ones.
2. (hence, in the ordinary sense) gods.
3. (specifically, in the plural, especially with the article) the Supreme God (i.e. the all supreme).
4. (sometimes) supreme, used as a superlative.
5. (occasionally, by way of deference) supreme magistrates, the highest magistrates of the land.

6. (also) the supreme angels (entities of unspecified type).
[plural of H433]
KJV: angels, X exceeding, God (gods)(-dess, -ly), X (very) great, judges, X mighty.
Root(s): H433

next time before you ask something try to find out first.

101G.

Nice Try mate .. but this passage has nothing to so with Humans battling Lord YHWH ..

The Passage is translated -- Psalm 82:6 Ye are Gods - Children of the Supreme one ---

Who is "The Supreme One" being referred to ? and who are the Children of this Supreme one that YHWH defeats --- Who are these Gods YHWH is accusing in the Council of EL - if not the sons of God -- Elohim -- also talked about in Job - also mentioned in Deut 32:8

These are not "magistrates of the land" .. these are not "Humans" -- but that is some desperate apology going on --- which is not suprising.. but sorry my friend .. modern theological scholarship has sorted this one out .. which is why in the Encyclopedia Britannica you can read that the God of Abraham was "EL" -- "Enlil" "The Most High" - "The Father" - "The Creator" .. "Supreme one" and so on .. all the traits that YHWH later took over. Supreme one is an epiphet for El .. who is mentioned by name as the Head of the Divine council in verse 1.

Last edited:

101G

Nice Try mate .. but this passage has nothing to so with Humans battling Lord YHWH ..
did U really read my post... guess not, Oh well. the MISINFORMED.
The Passage is translated -- Psalm 82:6 Ye are Gods - Children of the Supreme one ---

Who is "The Supreme One" being referred to ? and who are the Children of this Supreme one that YHWH defeats --- Who are these Gods YHWH is accusing in the Council of EL - if not the sons of God -- Elohim -- also talked about in Job - also mentioned in Deut 32:8
can, and will U get that MYTHOLOGY out of your head. now your Deuteronomy 32:8 "When the most High divided to the nations their inheritance, when he separated the sons of Adam, he set the bounds of the people according to the number of the children of Israel."
ARE YOU KIDDING, don't be silly.... well Job must be a god also in your thinking, since you want to used Job, OK. LISTEN and LEARN. Job 1:1 "There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil." Job 1:2 "And there were born unto him seven sons and three daughters." Job 1:3 "His substance also was seven thousand sheep, and three thousand camels, and five hundred yoke of oxen, and five hundred she asses, and a very great household; so that this man was the greatest of all the men of the east." WAS JOB A "god?"

for the term MEN here of the East is the Hebrew word,
H1121 בֵּן ben (bane) n-m.
בָּנִים baniym (ba-neem') [plural]
בְּנִי bniy (ben-ee') [possessive singular]
בָּנַי banay (baw-nah'ee) [possessive plural]
(used widely) a son (as a builder of the family name).
{in the widest sense of literal and figurative relationship, including grandson, subject, nation, quality or condition, etc., (like H1 H251, etc.).}
[from H1129]

the same word used min Genesis 6 for the sons of God ther..... are we learning anything yet?

101G.

101G

to all,
let's clear up this name of God as Jehovah and Yahweh which are nonsense. both of these name for God are as false as three left shoes.

Understand, a name is an Identifier, as to what and, or who you are the PERSON. we need to clarify the ERROR by "Truth". Now the question is, what is God proper/PERSONAL name. is it Jehovah, English or Yahweh, in Hebrew. well it's neither, Jehovah, nor Yahweh. lets see how they, (men, who are translators), derived those names from the tetragrammaton. The word "JEHOVAH" was formed by merging the three vowels (e, o, and a) into the Romanized (Latinized) four letter version JHVH to get, JeHoVaH. and the word "YAHWEH" was formed by merging the vowels (a, and e), into the four letter version to get, YaHWeH. so we have the English man made, and the Hebrew man made form of God's supposed unpronounced name. here is the mistake. they, (the translator), did, they added vowels to the four letter consonant, (which is a VERB), to make up a name to pronounce. one can never add or take away from the WORD of God. they added vowels to give God a personal name, because they knew that YHWH is a verb, and not a noun. and because the suppose name was lost, (as they say), which the Jews said was forbidden to pronounce, they made a guess at the name where vowel pointers should be. this was a grave mistake on their part. when you add to the word of God you just put the spiritual noose around your neck. arbitrarily, the translators injected the vowels into the four letter consonant to come up with the names, "YaHWeH", and, "JeHoVaH".

this is why God exposed this ERROR, this deception, this lie. he, (God), was to come as being the ECHAD of himself in a equal share of Spirit in Flesh. by "MANIFESTING", and not appearing as in the OT, he, (God), now is in person reveals his Personal Name just as Isaiah 52:6 clearly states, "Therefore my people shall know my name: (NOT JUST HIS VARIOUS TITLES, BUT HIS ACTUAL PERSONAL NAME) therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I."

well was not God speaking in the OT? yes, but not in "PERSON", face to face, unless a barrier was in place.

so, those false names, "JEHOVAH" and "YAHWEH" are man made names. and not God actual name. once again, VERBS are NOT "NOUNS" and YHWH or "I AM" is a verb as to "WHAT" God is and NOT, "WHO" he is in Name.

101G.

Soapy

now think before U open your mouth, "WHO ELSE HAS THE TITLE, Lord in the Godhead?". now think....... then answer. .... (smile)... ;) YIKES!.

101G.
Well, since there is no such thing as a Godhead, there is no question to answer.

But if you ask, ‘Who else is Lord?’, I could say: Lord Lucan; Lord Coe; Lord Sugar; anyone who is in a superior position being addressed by one in a lower position of power and authority.

A title is always contextual. It carries a prefix of ‘The’ (the definite article) and a postfix of the context, often a title or a name or both. e.g.:
  • [The] Lord [Jesus Christ]
  • [The] Lord [YHWH, God Almighty]
  • [The] Lord [King, …]
  • [The] Lord [Judge]
  • [The] Lord [of the flies]
How many ‘Lord’s are there?

Are they all GOD?

101G

Well, since there is no such thing as a Godhead, there is no question to answer.
well let's see if there is a Godhead. Colossians 1:16 "For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:" Colossians 1:17 "And he is before all things, and by him all things consist." Colossians 1:18 "And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence."

well now, Jesus is God, and he is the HEAD.... Hmmmmm Godhead? yes. Colossians 2:9 "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily."
Godhead: G2320 θεότης theotes (the-o'-tees) n.
divinity (abstractly).
[from G2316]
KJV: godhead
Root(s): G2316

G2316 θεός theos (the-os') n.

1. (properly, in Greek) a god or deity. a supernatural, powerful entity (real or imagined).
2. (by Hebraism, especially with G3588) God, the Supreme Being, the Creator, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, Yahweh by name.
3. (figuratively) a supreme magistrate (in the land).
[of uncertain affinity]
KJV: X exceeding, God, god(-ly, -ward)

now God by his apostle Paul. Romans 1:20 "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:"

WHAT DID YOU SAY?
But if you ask, ‘Who else is Lord?’, I could say: Lord Lucan; Lord Coe; Lord Sugar; anyone who is in a superior position being addressed by one in a lower position of power and authority.
are they "God?".... IGNORANT.
A title is always contextual. It carries a prefix of ‘The’ (the definite article) and a postfix of the context, often a title or a name or both. e.g.:
  • [The] Lord [Jesus Christ]
  • [The] Lord [YHWH, God Almighty]
  • [The] Lord [King, …]
  • [The] Lord [Judge]
  • [The] Lord [of the flies]
How many ‘Lord’s are there?
one scripture, Ephesians 4:5 "One Lord, one faith, one baptism," THIS IS THE "IGNORANCE" 101G SPEAK OF. it's just a shame.

101G.

Soapy

well let's see if there is a Godhead. Colossians 1:16 "For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:" Colossians 1:17 "And he is before all things, and by him all things consist." Colossians 1:18 "And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence."

well now, Jesus is God, and he is the HEAD.... Hmmmmm Godhead? yes. Colossians 2:9 "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily."
Godhead: G2320 θεότης theotes (the-o'-tees) n.
divinity (abstractly).
[from G2316]

1. (properly, in Greek) a god or deity. a supernatural, powerful entity (real or imagined).
2. (by Hebraism, especially with G3588) God, the Supreme Being, the Creator, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, Yahweh by name.
[of uncertain affinity]

now God by his apostle Paul. Romans 1:20 "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:"

WHAT DID YOU SAY?

are they "God?".... IGNORANT.

one scripture, Ephesians 4:5 "One Lord, one faith, one baptism," THIS IS THE "IGNORANCE" 101G SPEAK OF. it's just a shame.

101G.
You are floundering. Desperate to form an impossible image.

Your great error is to view Jesus as God - YHWH, the one true God.

But as long as you keep with your error you will always be deceived - and try to deceive innocent ones.

But as for ‘Godhead’. That’s an invented word by Trinitarians. They, like you, were desperate to claim a threesome God while calling God ‘one’.

Is God a Cake made of three ingredients?

Let’s examine your claims:

1) Colossians 2:9 says:
“For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity dwells in bodily form.”​
“ὅτι ἐν αὐτῷ κατοικεῖ πᾶν τὸ πλήρωμα τῆς θεότητος σωματικῶς,”​
Where is the word ‘Godhead’ in that verse?

Answer: There is no such word!!
You presented the definition of ‘God / Deity’ correctly:
  • G2316 θεός theos (the-os') n.
  • 1. (properly, in Greek) a god or deity. a supernatural, powerful entity (real or imagined).
    [of uncertain affinity]
    KJV: X exceeding, God, god(-ly, -ward) “
So you actually just disqualified your own so-called ‘proof’.

That verse in Colossians says that the Father was expressing His delight that ‘In Jesus Christ, the fullness of the Holy Spirit was dwelling’. Of course, we know this from the ANOINTING of Jesus (to make him ‘Christ’) at the river Jordan. God, the Father, filled Jesus with His Holy Spirit to make Jesus the messiah, as John the Baptist is reported to say:
  • “And I myself did not know him, but the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, ‘The man on whom you see the Spirit come down and remain is the one who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.’ I have seen and I testify that this is God’s Chosen One.
Jesus is “God’s chosen one” just as God prophesied in Isaiah 42:1:
  • Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will bring justice to the nations.’
So, I ask you: If Jesus is God, how is God saying he is slighted with God and putting his spirit in God?

Do these verses not say that GOD was delighted with Jesus, chose him from among all His servants (prophets and holy men) and thus FILLED Jesus with His Holy Spirit to enable JESUS to perform the GODLY TASKS he was reported to have done?

In the upper room in Jerusalem, the believers assembled there were also FILLED with the Holy Spirit of God. SO… if you are claiming that Jesus was FILLED with the ‘GODHEAD’ (even though you say he was already GOD!!!) then you must also say that these in the upper room at Pentecost MUST ALSO BE GOD…

"Oh, what a tangled web [you] weave, when first [you] practice to deceive!" (Sir Walter Scott, 1808)​

2) Romans 1:20 says:
  • “For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood from His workmanship, so that men are without excuse.”
There is not even a mention of anything that resembles ‘Godhead’… wow!!

3) You say Jesus being ‘Head of the body’ means the same as ‘GODHEAD’…
That’s not even close to being anything like a credible claim. If Jesus God and is the Godhead - then you are claiming that your jesus head of the body of God therefore making those of the body ALSO GOD… Sheer nonsense that even you cannot defend!!

I would urge you to stop right now. I realise it’s difficult since you think have nowhere to go if you give up your failed deceptions but there is - it’s called ‘Speaking the truth’ . Try it!!

Last edited:

101G

1) Colossians 2:9 says:
“For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity dwells in bodily form.”“ὅτι ἐν αὐτῷ κατοικεῖ πᾶν τὸ πλήρωμα τῆς θεότητος σωματικῶς,”Where is the word ‘Godhead’ in that verse?
Colossians 2:9 "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily."
Godhead is divinity, listen and LEARN, G2320 θεότης theotes (the-o'-tees) n.
divinity (abstractly).
[from G2316]

Get a KJV of the bible..... please. now to help you out. this Greek Word G2320 θεότης theotes (the-o'-tees), it's root is
[of uncertain affinity]
See also: G2304, G2299, G3588, H430

have U learned yet?....... (smile)
2) Romans 1:20 says:
  • “For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood from His workmanship, so that men are without excuse.”
There is not even a mention of anything that resembles ‘Godhead’… wow!!
see above ... the same word used....... (smile) ... LOL, Oh dear. what IGNORANCE is on display.

101G.

Soapy

Colossians 2:9 "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily."
Godhead is divinity, listen and LEARN, G2320 θεότης theotes (the-o'-tees) n.
divinity (abstractly).
[from G2316]

Get a KJV of the bible..... please. now to help you out. this Greek Word G2320 θεότης theotes (the-o'-tees), it's root is
[of uncertain affinity]
See also: G2304, G2299, G3588, H430

have U learned yet?....... (smile)

see above ... the same word used....... (smile) ... LOL, Oh dear. what IGNORANCE is on display.

101G.
There is no such thing as a Godhead. It is the invention of Trinitarians.

YHWH, the Father, the one true God, was pleased that in Jesus the fullness of His spirit should dwell.

This fits with the prophesy of yhwh God who spoke in Isaiah saying, ‘Behold my servant - my chosen one in whom I am well pleased. I will put my spirit on him…’ and we know this t on be true whence God put His spirit on Jesus at the river Jordan. It was at this event that Jesus became ‘The Christ’, which means: ‘The Anointed One’.

Do you believe Jesus was already filled with the Spirit of God before Jesus was filled with the spirit of God?

Do you believe that Jesus was ‘Christ’ before the anointing at the river Jordan?