• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

*[I believe] Atheism is an absurd worldview

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think the problem with people is they believe in God without any shadow of doubt or they refuse belief on the grounds that there is no proof.
There is a third way of thinking. God is POSSIBLE. That is what I believe. Life is possible and there is proof of that. Love is possible. Understanding is possible. Peace is possible. Happiness is possible. Intelligence is possible ( there is some proof of that). Goodness is possible. So.......God is possible too.
I think time is an illusion so........when the possibility of God becomes a sure thing then God is forever.

outhouse

Atheistically
I think the problem with people is they believe in God without any shadow of doubt or they refuse belief on the grounds that there is no proof.
There is a third way of thinking. God is POSSIBLE. That is what I believe. Life is possible and there is proof of that. Love is possible. Understanding is possible. Peace is possible. Happiness is possible. Intelligence is possible ( there is some proof of that). Goodness is possible. So.......God is possible too.
I think time is an illusion so........when the possibility of God becomes a sure thing then God is forever.

I like your post.

For me. When I realized only humans created and defined the concepts, it gave all the religious dogma and text more meaning and beauty because everything positive people think about god, came from people.

All the things people love about religion only people did. For me, when people blame a god for all this, they are selling people or humanity short.

skl

A man on a mission

You have actually put all the gods into context. All the concepts you have mentioned such as love, peace, happiness, understanding and to include some negatives such as hate and rejection etc.

They are all things that are on an individual level associated primarily with personal feelings and can manifest into certain actions and often produce results for people from the original concept. The concept of a god is also a feeling and sits alongside these other feelings and is categorised as a belief.

All these concepts are a part of human nature and survival; we react to them in many emotional ways that often cannot be explained. For example, Jealousy and even love can be extremely emotional and cause irrational behaviour exactly like a strong belief such as a religion, ghosts, angels and Father Christmas.

The brain really should take the title as a god because it is truly the most powerful computer and manipulator of our life in existence. We know very little about the brain and some experiments have shown that our minds appear to be making decisions before we are aware of them leading some neuroscientists to conclude we are not in complete control of our choices.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You have actually put all the gods into context. All the concepts you have mentioned such as love, peace, happiness, understanding and to include some negatives such as hate and rejection etc.

They are all things that are on an individual level associated primarily with personal feelings and can manifest into certain actions and often produce results for people from the original concept. The concept of a god is also a feeling and sits alongside these other feelings and is categorised as a belief.

All these concepts are a part of human nature and survival; we react to them in many emotional ways that often cannot be explained. For example, Jealousy and even love can be extremely emotional and cause irrational behaviour exactly like a strong belief such as a religion, ghosts, angels and Father Christmas.

The brain really should take the title as a god because it is truly the most powerful computer and manipulator of our life in existence. We know very little about the brain and some experiments have shown that our minds appear to be making decisions before we are aware of them leading some neuroscientists to conclude we are not in complete control of our choices.
That might make sense to me if I believed everyone may have their own god/gods. I don't believe that. People should share the one god because that is the definition of GOD imo. That be the case then the negative human emotions can't be legitimate because negativism means deficiency imo.
My God does not have human temper tantrums and never hates. THEY say the Bible says "God hates". That is a serious mistake. I am sure the prophet wrote they "hate god". Hate drives sense away.

If you have the mind to look up "hate" in the Bible it is easy to change each scripture around to say that the one doing such things is in a hateful state. Which is true. Isn't it?

My definition of GOD is the best and most that can be achieved for life and even for power.
Is there no best?

Last edited:

Milton Platt

*[I believe]The atheistic worldview is an absurd one. Why? Because *[I believe] the atheist views the world as ultimately meaningless and therefore as absurd.

*[bracketed red text = staff edit]
You can be an atheist and have any number of world views. Can you be more specific? Maybe the world is ultimately meaningless.....I don't know. But my life is not meaningless to me.

skl

A man on a mission
That might make sense to me if I believed everyone may have their own god/gods. I don't believe that. People should share the one god because that is the definition of GOD imo. That be the case then the negative human emotions can't be legitimate because negativism means deficiency imo.
My God does not have human temper tantrums and never hates. THEY say the Bible says "God hates". That is a serious mistake. I am sure the prophet wrote they "hate god". Hate drives sense away.

If you have the mind to look up "hate" in the Bible it is easy to change each scripture around to say that the one doing such things is in a hateful state. Which is true. Isn't it?

My definition of GOD is the best and most that can be achieved for life and even for power.
Is there no best?

I am suggesting a god is manifested within our own feelings and minds, we can perceive a god in any form we desire. To religious people this god they worship is in the form they desire it to be and strongly influenced by church doctrine or the church they belong to. If their god is as identified in holy scripture so be it for them. The gods are holistic to each individual believer. The argument that a god actually existed in physical form is almost a mute argument because it does not matter as the experience is realistic to them but we know realistically there is no chance any gods have ever existed beyond a normal human person. What does really matter however, is the insistence of religious people to continue to indoctrinate children with their own beliefs and install certain conditions that must be followed to believe in their gods. This is truly dangerous.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am suggesting a god is manifested within our own feelings and minds, we can perceive a god in any form we desire. To religious people this god they worship is in the form they desire it to be and strongly influenced by church doctrine or the church they belong to. If their god is as identified in holy scripture so be it for them. The gods are holistic to each individual believer. The argument that a god actually existed in physical form is almost a mute argument because it does not matter as the experience is realistic to them but we know realistically there is no chance any gods have ever existed beyond a normal human person. What does really matter however, is the insistence of religious people to continue to indoctrinate children with their own beliefs and install certain conditions that must be followed to believe in their gods. This is truly dangerous.
OK. There is no chance any god EVER existed you say. Does that mean the future too? If you say, "yes", I ask you, "who makes you the boss?".

Milton Platt

S

skl

A man on a mission
OK. There is no chance any god EVER existed you say. Does that mean the future too? If you say, "yes", I ask you, "who makes you the boss?".
I am not a boss, I have applied logic based on relevant information and evidence to come to the conclusion that no gods have ever existed in the real world as I have explained. As for the future I believe science will eventually confirm a god like creator is simply an emotive manifestation within the brain.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am not a boss, I have applied logic based on relevant information and evidence to come to the conclusion that no gods have ever existed in the real world as I have explained. As for the future I believe science will eventually confirm a god like creator is simply an emotive manifestation within the brain.
I have come to the opposite conclusion with logic and relevant information.

Can a computer print a 3 D image? Yes?

As for the future, I believe science will eventually confirm the mind can make things happen.

I want to share the joke you wrote. I think it is funny. Do you think "creator" needs the "god like" adjective?

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
*[I believe]The atheistic worldview is an absurd one. Why? Because *[I believe] the atheist views the world as ultimately meaningless and therefore as absurd.

*[bracketed red text = staff edit]

Why does the world need a meaning? Does drinking a nice alcoholic beverage of choice need a meaning? Enjoy the ride!

skl

A man on a mission
I have come to the opposite conclusion with logic and relevant information.

Can a computer print a 3 D image? Yes?

As for the future, I believe science will eventually confirm the mind can make things happen.

I want to share the joke you wrote. I think it is funny. Do you think "creator" needs the "god like" adjective?

It is highly unlikely that you have any knowledge or any information that makes the existence of any god logically possible.
Computers also conclude that no gods exist in 3D. Science already knows the brain can make things happen that are beyond a persons free will and can control many aspects of life that may appear to be real. The sighting of apparitions, monsters, abductions by aliens, believing in imaginary friends etc. to name some of them. There have been many gods created by man for many years and some have specific rolls to play, therefore it is appropriate I identify what specific gods I am meaning. Do you not understand your god is only one of thousands worshiped by an estimated 63 thousand religious groups throughout history?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is highly unlikely that you have any knowledge or any information that makes the existence of any god logically possible.
Computers also conclude that no gods exist in 3D. Science already knows the brain can make things happen that are beyond a persons free will and can control many aspects of life that may appear to be real. The sighting of apparitions, monsters, abductions by aliens, believing in imaginary friends etc. to name some of them. There have been many gods created by man for many years and some have specific rolls to play, therefore it is appropriate I identify what specific gods I am meaning. Do you not understand your god is only one of thousands worshiped by an estimated 63 thousand religious groups throughout history?
I appreciate that you noticed my post.
I think you will agree that the gods exist in the mind of the believer. So when the person dies, his god dies with him. My god? Do you mean the God in which I put my trust? The God I trust does not die.

I believe there has always been something. I think it is not logical to think that all we have came from nothing. So there was something. If ever the universe becomes nothing again there will be something left. That something is GOD.

ArtieE

I believe there has always been something. I think it is not logical to think that all we have came from nothing. So there was something. If ever the universe becomes nothing again there will be something left. That something is GOD.
And why does this something (GOD) exist in the first place instead of nothing?

Milton Platt

I suppose it is the reason why some people think something is forever. Jesus would say, "love". I'll go with that.

Hey, Savage......you lost me on that one......
Are you saying a god exists because of love? In other words, love created god, or at least pre-existed god? He wasn't asking what the purpose of god's existence was, rather how the god came to exist. Why a god instead of no god.

I get dense sometimes...there is more than one way to read your statement.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hey, Savage......you lost me on that one......
Are you saying a god exists because of love? In other words, love created god, or at least pre-existed god? He wasn't asking what the purpose of god's existence was, rather how the god came to exist. Why a god instead of no god.

I get dense sometimes...there is more than one way to read your statement.
I understand. People are ok with a world instead of no world. You get it. Right? How hard is it then to be ok with something instead of nothing?