• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Can Not Respect A God who Allows Children to Suffer

MSizer

MSizer
Then what is it? I could have chosen to reject Him,

Yes you could have...

and believe He didnt exist.

No, you could not! Can you suddenly change what you believe at will? Of course not! You can't decide what you believe and what you don't believe. Come on, do you believe 2 + 2 = 5? Can you choose to believe it? Of course you can't.

If my belief in God isnt a belief, tell me, what exactly is it?

It is indeed a belief. I never suggested otherwise.

Smoke

Done here.
And all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.
No, really, they haven't. If we have the ability not to sin, why should it surprise you if some people don't?

If every single person had sinned, that would be an indication that we really don't have the power to keep from sinning, and you've clearly indicated that we do.

LyricalDutchess

Chi-Alpha Daughter
*sigh* Listen. You said accepting Jesus as my Lord and Savior is not a belief. Which indeed it is. Accepting Him is not belief. Asking Him into my heart is not the belief. But believing that He IS Lord and Savior, and that Im very much in need a Savior is belief!

LyricalDutchess

Chi-Alpha Daughter
No, really, they haven't. If we have the ability not to sin, why should it surprise you if some people don't?

Again......all have sinned, and fallen short. Not one is exempt. Mind you, Im not speaking on the children under the age of accountability, nor mental disorders that causes one to not consciously make such a decision. But whether you want to believe it or not, we all have thought some things we shouldnt have. We wont ever reach that point to where we can remain sinless UNLESS we have the Sinless One living within us.

MSizer

MSizer
*sigh* Listen. You said accepting Jesus as my Lord and Savior is not a belief. Which indeed it is.

No, as it is not a belief, it is an action. As an analogy, I could look at my prime minister and choose to submit to his authority (or choose not to), but I can't choose to believe he doesn't exist because I have seen him. Likewise, you feel you have evidence of jesus' existence, therefore you can't choose to believe he doesn't exist.

Accepting Him is not belief. Asking Him into my heart is not the belief. But believing that He IS Lord and Savior, and that Im very much in need a Savior is belief!

Exactly, and you don't choose that.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Again......all have sinned, and fallen short. Not one is exempt. Mind you, Im not speaking on the children under the age of accountability, nor mental disorders that causes one to not consciously make such a decision. But whether you want to believe it or not, we all have thought some things we shouldnt have. We wont ever reach that point to where we can remain sinless UNLESS we have the Sinless One living within us.

I've never sinned. However, I don't have the sinless one living inside me. I had some type of parasitic worm when I was a little kid, but I don't know whether it was sinless or not.

LyricalDutchess

Chi-Alpha Daughter
No, as it is not a belief, it is an action. As an analogy, I could look at my prime minister and choose to submit to his authority (or choose not to), but I can't choose to believe he doesn't exist because I have seen him. Likewise, you feel you have evidence of jesus' existence, therefore you can't choose to believe he doesn't exist.

Exactly, and you don't choose that.

Again, i said................nevermind.:facepalm: LOL

Eh. This is going in circles, and repeating the same thing over and over is something ive made in my mind not to do in one debate, i leave it at that. Just one of those "wipe the dust from your feet" moments. LOL

So agree to disagree on that matter.

LyricalDutchess

Chi-Alpha Daughter
I've never sinned. However, I don't have the sinless one living inside me. I had some type of parasitic worm when I was a little kid, but I don't know whether it was sinless or not.

Again, whether you believe it or not, i go by scripture. YES YES YES i know you dont. But doesnt change what i hold to be truth. As it changes nothing for you.

You see yourself as sinless? Thats you. :)

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
When i said youve chosen to not believe, I was refering to what God calls sin.
No, you were refering to what a book says God says is a sin... totally different things.

And its right there in His Word.
It is in a book... lots of things are in books.

And i never said God punishes a newborn.
Sinners are punishes.... we are automatically all sinners... therefore your god punishes newborns for crimes they did not commit.
If disease is a punishment for sin a newborn dies from disease, then that newborn died so that a bully god could satisfy an unjust lust for suffering.

Ive explained a lot of that in previous posts. LOL
That has yet to be demonstrated. You have asserted a lot... not necessarily explained it.

wa:do

LyricalDutchess

Chi-Alpha Daughter
*sigh*

I have explained much of my standings. And knowing Im a christian, i thought it common knowledge that i believe Jesus to be the only way to the Father and that the Bible is His Word. So for future references, you all know that. LOL

No need to get snipy. And simply because you dont like my answers, doesnt mean i havent explained my stance in my previous posts.

Maybe i just need to leave. Because apparently, anything i say, words will be put in my mouth. LOL *sigh* Yall have a good one.

MSizer

MSizer
*sigh*
...... simply because you dont like my answers, doesnt mean i havent explained my stance in my previous posts..

That's a load of crap. You have not substantiated your claims, and now you're accusing us for discrediting them simply on preference. That's either dishonest or delusional.