• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Can Not Respect A God who Allows Children to Suffer

LyricalDutchess

Chi-Alpha Daughter
He would have said, go and try not to. Or do it as less as possible. LOL Problem with many of us christians, we use, "we're human too." as an excuse. We complain about people holding us to certain stardards, but thats exactly what we are called to do. To uphold a higher standard.

There is no excuse for my sins. I take responsiblity for my wrongdoings and downfalls.

LyricalDutchess

Chi-Alpha Daughter
Sin. What a great way to keep people under control through guilt. Just single out things that humans naturally, unavoidably do, tell them it is 'wrong', and guilt is assured!

I could make a case for each of the 7 'deadly' sins being a boon to the human experience.

The 7 deadly sins are no where in the bible. Again. Sin is sin is sin.

Beta

How can a question be erroneous? I'm just asking you to explain your beliefs.
So here's what you seem to be saying. We sin because:
1) We desire to.
2) We're deceived by Satan.
And you say that it would infringe on our free will for God to persuade us to be good.

So my questions are:

1) Why did God create us as beings who desire to sin?
2) Why does God abandon us to Satan's wiles? Didn't God know that we wouldn't be any match for Satan?
3) If it would infringe on our free will for God to persuade us to do good, doesn't it also infringe on our free will for Satan to persuade us to do bad?
Having free will and the selfish nature of satan we naturally do things out of self-satisfaction as well as temptation. Also we do not always see or recognize sin for what it is since it is presented as pleasure.
We were not abandoned to satan. Man was sufficiently instructed with knowledge to evade temptation Gen.2v16,17. And Eve repeated what God instructed them to do Gen3. They knew what to do.
God is much more honourable than satan who did not care about further besmirching his depraved character. A & E were told to keep away from that tree instead they went up to it and entertained the snake. Why did not they exercise their free will to obey God instead of expecting it of others ??? We are responsible for our own actions not those of others.

LyricalDutchess

Chi-Alpha Daughter
Right, so assuming that "cussing" is a sin, you do it because you get angry, not because you have the choice to.

I can very well choose to speak my mind without cussing. Because ive learned to think it through before i let if fly from my mouth. I have cussed in a year. Because ive made the choice not to.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
He did. He made as clean slates. With a choice. Im personally grateful for the power choice. To me, its a sign of His great agape love.
To me, Adam and Eve were guiltless, sinless, and could not sin. They were "perfect" before the eyes of God. Now this would imply that they could not sin, could not refrain from worshiping and bowing before God, and could only live in a manner that God would approve of. Then along came Lucifer, who tempted Eve, and when she, and later Adam, ate from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, it was then that they were enlightened on the subject, and from that moment forward had the ability to choose. It was the Serpent who lead us to take this sacred gift on our own. He did not force Adam and Eve to eat it, but he did point them in the direction.

EXACTLY!!! Do you sin 24/7?
Not quite 24/7, but I do "sin" on a regular and daily basis.

LyricalDutchess

Chi-Alpha Daughter
And I have! I just said I had sinned earlier for the sake of argument.
The truth is, I have never, ever sinned. God made us so it's possible for us to avoid sin, so I did.

We have to even factor in our thoughts. Whatsoever a man thinkeths, that so is he. If have been able to avoid sin, then brava to you. I want to get to that point. Where the temptation can be there, but i wont give into it. Im still under construction. If you have gotten to that point, than i sincerely applaud you. :)

NOW I REALLY GOTTA GO. LOL

Smoke

Done here.
We have to even factor in our thoughts. Whatsoever a man thinkeths, that so is he. If have been able to avoid sin, then brava to you. I want to get to that point. Where the temptation can be there, but i wont give into it. Im still under construction. If you have gotten to that point, than i sincerely applaud you. :)

NOW I REALLY GOTTA GO. LOL

No, I didn't "get to" that point. I have never, ever had a sinful thought.
I've been completely sinless my whole life.
That's why I don't need to be saved.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie

Exactly.
Since a sin is a violation of divine moral law, and,
I do not believe a divine being has ever set forth a set of moral laws, then,
I am truly without sin.

LyricalDutchess

Chi-Alpha Daughter
Which is exactly what i mean. You all dont VIEW many of the things God says that are sinful, as sin. So of course you wouldnt think that. Which is what i meant by viewing. :)

And all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.

Your choice is not to believe. Mine's is.

Wannabe Yogi

We Hindu's have a saying. He who thinks of himself as a sinner becomes a sinner.

MSizer

MSizer
I did. I made the choice to accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. And i said you have made the choice not to BELIEVE. Not belief. lol

Accepting Jesus Christ as your lord and savior is not belief. The belief would have to come first, which is something neither of us can control. I literally don't have the ability to accept Jesus as my savior, because I believe he was a usual human being who died many years ago, and he therefore no longer exists. I can't change my opinion of that.